Sky Sports News

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by billmead, Apr 10, 2003.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

GIVE ME SKY!!!

2. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't adding Sky to DirecTV dillute the value of US rights to things like the EPL and FA Cup?

I think we're unlikely to see Sky channels here without having to pay out the arse for it. That would kind of screw FSW over too wouldn't it?

3. Tekneek

Tekneek Member

Apr 12, 2002
    Bethlehem, GA, USA
    Why would it screw over Fox Sports World? DirecTV will be ran by Fox, and are sister companies with Sky.

4. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Its probably a safe bet that we will NEVER see Sky Sports in its pure form over here (SS 1,2,3,extra,digital). People, you have to realize that rights to sporting events are sold to companies by country - not exclusively to one company. Murdoch owning live broadcast rights to the Premiership means flip all in America. Fox had to buy them seperately here. And Sky show so much more than just that on their broadcast channels (you think we're gonna get Sky Sports and be able to watch their PGA coverage? or test cricket? or 6 Nations?). Then you have to consider the commercials. It aint gonna happen. If anything - they might want to have some sort of American version like the BBC have done. But what would be the point of that - its essentially Fox Sports World already. Im happy just to see Sky Sports News for an hour each day.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can still dream can't I?

6. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    NO! :)

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well at least I can still watch Dream Team.

:D

8. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm

Panic,

I guess you haven't checked out the outdoor cable channel. Hours of 'necks hunting and fishing.