SKC vs FCD 3/15 7:30pm CST p/i/p [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ji_shuheng, Mar 13, 2014.

1. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of us know exactly what we are "supposed to do," but resent being forced to do it. I am there to watch a soccer game and cheer for my team, not to hold up a tifo.

Oobers repped this.
  2. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You personally caused the deef'd, didn't you? You grumpy old bastard. :p

Sparks27 and PezJunkie repped this.
  3. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, my whole point is that I want nothing to do with tifo. I just stand there and sulk the whole time it is deployed. In my day (way back in 2011), we didn't have these fancy-dancy displays. You sat for most of the game, stood up and cheered when SKC scored, stood up and booed when the ref made a bad call, and you LIKED it!

4. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How horrible for you that people love this team enough they are willing to put in their time, effort and money to make something that demonstrates that love. And all they ask of you I'd to hold up some thing for about a minute while there is nothing to watch or see on the field.

Yup... Bunch of horrible, evil people those SSSC folk are.

Sparks27 repped this.
  5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And not everyone wants to support the team the same way and all of them can't afford to support the team from the East or West stands. I understand and appreciate what SSSC is trying to do, but it's not surprising that there are people that don't like it.

Oobers and YilmazOrhan repped this.
  6. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I can understand why some don't like it, but I guess it seems like such a minor thing to me, compared to something like a smoke machine which obstructs views and can cause trouble for asthmatics. (I have zero problems personally with smoke, too, but I'm sympathetic on that matter.) Oh well.

I'm just pissed because I've got this nasty throat cold and I likely will have to be fairly mum at tonight's game. And I want nothing more than to scream my heart out for a good Sporting win. Course, might be a moot point anyways...

Sparks27 repped this.
  7. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly... I'm not saying people have to get all excited about it or even like it... But how hard is it to just play along with it for a minute or two (and I doubt it would go that long) at the expense of very little. Heck, you never know, you might actually find it a intsy teansy bit fun.

Could I expect people to pass a beer or lemonade if someone bought one in the middle of the section? You are more likely to miss something important letting people across to their seats.

Honestly, I am not a huge tifo guy myself. When I was in the Cauldron at CAB I didn't look forward to them or anything. But when it came time for me to help out, I did. It didn't make me ecstatic, but someone liked it, spent time doing it and that was enough for me.

And I'm not going to tell anyone they absolutely have to participate. It is their prerogative not to. I don't think anyone who doesn't is a horrible person either... I just don't really understand the decision. Perhaps there negatives or costs I haven't considered. I guess I'm just saying that you don't have to like it to do it, as long as you don't hate it and it doesn't cost you much anything, why not do it?

Sparks27 repped this.