SKC vs FCD 3/15 7:30pm CST p/i/p [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ji_shuheng, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Preseason camp? He only missed Orlando, he didn't miss all of training camp. And he's been back over a week now

jtreg repped this.
  2. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was longer than that. I'd still be surprised based on what happened to his PT at the end of last year.

Not saying I wouldn't like him on the 18 or even in the starting line up though.

3. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    Does anyone know if shuttles run to the STM lot at the speedway? If I recall, there were none last year at that STM lot. Thanks in advance.

4. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they better if they're going to keep pushing the stm lots farther and farther away.

5. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Saad picked up an injury during his time with the Lebanon National Team and will be unavailable for a while longer.

6. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So we looked out of ideas on offense and gave up our classic one SOG, one goal. Classic SKC.

7. Sparks27

Sparks27 Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I feel like there trying too hard with all this possession/playing through the middle/amazing passing crap. I think they forgot how they have been successful the last few years in simple high pressure/hard work.

8. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Forgot? That was all too familiar. All work, little results, then cross it in to an undersized forward. When Collin finally scored I thought "well of course it was a set piece goal from our CB".

9. Sparks27

Sparks27 Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'll give the boys the benefit if the doubt they have played a lot lately but at the same time the pressure tonight was terrible. Dwyer, Collin, Besler, and Benny(at times) were the only ones who looked like they gave a damn.

Disregarding the scrum in the last 4 min we only generated 2-3 decent scoring chances the whole game.

10. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm not sure we watched the same game (which seems to be part for the course). Effort was turned up to 120%, offensive ideas, not so much.

11. Sparks27

Sparks27 Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I think both were turned down honestly

12. Luke Campbell

Luke Campbell Member

May 16, 2013
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I agree with Sparks; lazy, disjointed passing was really obvious. On a positive note, Martinez really impressed me.

13. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucks to give up another late goal, but it wasn't a foul to begin with.

Not sure why Besler played tonight. We were already resting guys, why did he have to play another 90?

14. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? Playing though the middle? Maybe one or two times in the entire game. The rest of the time its play from the CB to the fullback then down the side and look for a cross or play from the CB to the fullback, down the touchline, through the center and out to the other side and look for a cross. Most of the time SKC had a center forward running around the middle while the wingers rarely made a run toward the box, that is until Peterson came in and started making some much needed runs. This game was just frustrating to watch because it looks like none of them have a clue what to do other than just play it to the wing and cross. Otherwise they just seem to stand there and not make the diagonal runs behind the defenders. I guess Martinez didn't get the memo because he was trying to push the ball right through the middle which created some good chances. Frustrating game to watch when you can see the quality that SKC had over FCD but could not turn it in to a winning effort.

Oobers and vividox repped this.
  15. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I felt like we should have earned a PK on a number of occasions. I can't even think of all the different scenarios now, I just remember being incredulous that we didn't get a PK at least three times.

The foul leading to Dallas' goal was an awful call. You just knew they were going to score there the second it was called. Also thought it looked offside live. I can't find any good angles on a replay, but it's possible that Uri kept Hedges on.

Mdarney repped this.
  16. oldntired

oldntired Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I am not saying Kronberg could have stopped the goal, but did it seem like to anyone else that he didn't dive until the ball was already in the net. Its amazing how often the other team gets one chance and finishes against Sporting.

17. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    I wish our offensive tactics cared more about scoring than pressure and kicking people.

18. MuddyPitch

MuddyPitch Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? I thought Medranda looked great--very confident with the ball and fitting our style with his touch, vision and work rate. (Crazy shooting, not so much, but both he and Jerome have big feet and a green light to threaten from distance.) Martinez looked a little shaky and uncertain, but I'm glad we got a look at him. Everyone out there tonight seemed to have a lot more creativity than years past.

After seeing Ellis, Medranda, Jerome, and Opara these last few games, we have definitely improved our depth.

FlashMan repped this.
  19. oldntired

oldntired Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I agree dgb09. By the way am I right? 3 games - two goals both by defenders. I like Beiler but our wings are not offense threats. Maybe the new Spanish Guy +Zusi and Beiler up top?

20. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Exactly, and it's the same issue it's been for years unfortunately.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martinez didn't do a lot for me tonight, nothing that impressed me really at all.

My one question is, I know Michel is good on set pieces, but why the hell is our best header of the ball in the wall?

22. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's gotta be Kronberg's responsibility to fix that. Maybe it's inexperience or something....but even Collin should know better.

23. Luke Campbell

Luke Campbell Member

May 16, 2013
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's exactly what I saw from Martinez. The ball through to Peterson was a real beauty. Different perspectives I guess.

24. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon everyone, it's obvious Besler didn't get the memo that not defending set pieces is the cool thing to do. I bet he sure feels silly for dropping back into coverage all alone!

I don't think Martinez was spectacular but jitters aside I liked his ability and willingness to run at defenders. Not just run at them, but actually beat them. I do have a new game plan for teams that pack it in. Hear me out: Sub the CF for Opara and put Collin up front. Problem solved. :thumbsup:

25. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I was ok with Martinez, until he decided to head it backwards into traffic on our side of midfield in the 89th minute with a 1 goal lead. Of course, it was errant, which resulted in Uri making an challenge from behind/the side that the ref thought was a foul. I watched FCD draw fouls like this last week, so I'm not surprised that they were awarded this one. And, like last week, they capitalized on it.