SKC @ Colorado 3/29 5:00 PM P/I/P [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Sachsen, Mar 26, 2014.

1. KC96

KC96 Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And this is why after two decades of supporting MLS, I still truly believe America will in the long run do a great service to the worldwide sport of soccer/futbol, by adding this American aspect to the culture of the sport.

In Europe, one of the unfortunate stereotypes (borne from actual history) is that supporters groups will literally kill each other with riots, stampedes, fists, etc. before and after their games.

In America, supporters groups will try and figuratively "kill" each other with kindness - and maybe a slightly elevated heart attack chance of eating too much good food shared with the opposing fans :)

This SKC/COL lovefest is an example of why I'm very proud of the US/MLS soccer supporter culture. Sure there are always a few bad apples, but let's keep this positive culture strong and dominant!

JasonMa, kcfooty and KCFutbol repped this.
  2. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We showed why we're the champions. That's a mindset we wouldn't have had a couple of years ago, to come back like that.

3. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not a big Simon Borg fan, but his analysis of the penalty and PK call against Ike Opara was spot on. The ref had his head firmly up his ass on that call...

4. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's he trying to be, the Maltese Ray Hudson? What a buffoon.

5. socjoc

socjoc Member

Jun 7, 2005
    ToolBox
    You can't be talking about Chicago.