SiriusXM announces 24/7 soccer channel 'SiriusXM FC'

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by unoriginal_name, Oct 11, 2012.

1. unoriginal_name

May 29, 2008
    Starting Monday, October 15th, SiriusXM is launching 'SiriusXM FC', a channel devoted only to soccer, on channel 94. The channel will also be available on the SiriusXM smartphone app and online if you are a subscriber.

The channel will have live games, with SiriusXM announcing deals to carry Barclays Premier League games (which will be provided by UK broadcaster talkSPORT), UEFA Champions League matches, FA Cup ties (both of those will be provided by Fox Soccer) as well as games from the upcoming Major League Soccer playoffs. I know Sirius has had BPL and Champions League in the past, not sure about the other two.

Alongside that, all the talkSPORT programming SiriusXM began carrying a few months ago (Sports Breakfast, Drivetime, Kick Off, Extra Time and Weekend Sports Breakfast) will all have its home at channel 94. In terms of programming from other sources, SXM FC will also air Fox Soccer News every night at 10 and MLSsoccer.com's Extra Time Radio Show on Mondays and Thursdays.

On top of that, the channel will also produce on its own morning program, The Football Show, during weekdays at 7am. The show will be hosted by John Harkes, with Ray Hudson, Charlie Stillitiano and Neil Barnett all providing analysis. Harkes will also be co-hosting Counter Attack, a weekday afternoon news recap and reaction show, with Tony Meola. Men in Blazers with Michael Davies and Roger Burnett will also be after The Football Show on Mondays and Fridays.

Fangs Bites posting of the SiriusXM press release- http://fangsbites.com/2012/10/siriusxm-to-launch-all-soccer-channel/

2. yeezplate

yeezplate New Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Has anyone been able to find this channel yet?

I've searched for it via the SiriuXM app, but it wasn't listed.

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know "Sports Play-by-Play" channel 960 has some stuff. I don't know if it's a true simulcast, but I'm sure a lot of it is rights stuff.

As of very recently, I know you must have a satellite subscription in order to get some PbP online, but that just may be US leagues, for all I know.

4. yeezplate

yeezplate New Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That was it. Thanks!

5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump this old thread...

Listened to Christopher Sullivan & John Harkes do CounterAttack tonite. Those two have to be the polar opposites in analyst quality!

Sullivan is the smartest American analyst who knows how to use the English language properly and I always enjoy listening to him. OTOH, Harkes just makes me cringe every time he opens his mouth.

Meola's pretty good though... wonder if they ever pair him with Sullivan?