Sign Finding of MLS in Life, Everyday, Part 3

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Ismitje, Sep 7, 2009.

1. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Philly, I miss it everyday

2. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    THis isn't MLS - but on Amazing Race last weekend, they had the participants in Hamburg having a to kick balls from the top of the box at targets. They dressed the participants in US National Team warm up gear.

3. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This past episode of the Real Word DC showed the cast members at the DC vs Colorado game last summer.

4. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just saw the donkey commercial with ralston

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD63vm3feX0"]YouTube- #8 The Cranky Donkey Goal Celebration - Volkswagen Junior Masters Soccer Tournament[/ame]

5. Oister

Oister Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Mile High
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMmwZC2zONU"]YouTube- AFC Bournemouth Goal Celebration[/ame]

6. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went out to a bar/restaurant called "Portugalia" for dinner here in San Diego (Ocean Beach) the other night. Just like its name implies, the restaurant is a Portugese restaurant.

There was a party of 7 there already and one dude from the party was in a Revolution jersey. I figured he was from the large Portugese community in the Boston area which is always mentioned as one of the primary targets the Revolution go after to draw fans to Foxboro.

7. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw a guy jogging along Broadway in North Beach, San Francisco, weather a Columbus Crew long sleeve shirt.

8. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've noticed that all the sporting good stores around Columbus are all carrying a lot more Crew gear. It's very little but I remember back in 2007 trying to find that stuff and having a very hard time. Now though it's not uncommon to see it right next to OSU and Jackets displays.

oh and this was made into a shorter 30 second commercial that I saw on T.V. 2 days ago promoting the home opener.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4fyHFdbP_k"]YouTube- Columbus Crew Soccer 2010[/ame]

also, +1 :D Massive

9. RiderFan

RiderFan New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Calgary
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I was walking into a grocery store in Airdrie (close to Calgary) and a man wearing a Toronto FC jersey was walking out. I asked, "Are you glad there is going to be an MLS season this year." He smiled and replied, "Absolutely!" And then looked at my shirt, "Sounders huh." And went on his way. He appeared stunned that someone else was wearing a shirt from the MLS.

10. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the best isn't it? The shock of it all. lol

11. SeaM

SeaM Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or stunned you weren't a TFC supporter. After all, they have a Maple Leaf in their crest!

(Having lived in Vancouver for many years, I can't fathom how Western Canadians could support a team from Toronto. In the '90s all these Blue Jays fans would come down from BC to root for the Jays to beat the nearest thing to a local team...oddly enough that dried up instantly when the Jays sucked.)

12. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure it wasn't the day-glo green of the Sounders shirt that stunned him? :D

13. GalaxyGal

GalaxyGal New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Endline 101 Row A
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Not MLS, but I did see a guy at Disneyland wearing a USMNT jersey. I asked him who his favorite was on the team, turned out he couldn't name a single person the team and didn't even know the US is in the WC. Poser.

14. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Jericho made mention of a certain MLS midfielder's injury while confronting Edge last week on WWE Smackdown (which was done at the Staples Center). He talked about how the midfielder and Edge had similar injuries and that his career was over.

15. StarvingGator

StarvingGator Member

Jun 22, 2007
    The Hospital Bar
    Saw a guy wearing a Donovan USMNT jersey in the mall. I know, it's not MLS. When you live 738 miles from the nearest MLS team, you take what you can get.

16. ChicagoFC (FireClub)

Jan 25, 2009
    Logan Square
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at George Bush International in Houston on a layover, they had Dynamo jerseys, but they were pre Amigo Energy sponsorship, so I'm not sure if we can call that a sign of life.

17. FulhamSounder

FulhamSounder New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Lincoln, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Saw a guy wearing a wizards jacket at earls court tube station in London.

18. Omar

Omar Hurrrrr....

Nov 23, 2007
    Monterrey MEX
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So Metallica was in Monterrey, Mexico last March 3... and outside the Stadium they were selling knockoff jerseys... recognize the logo?

[​IMG]

19. AeroNaught

AeroNaught Member+

Atlanta United
    Feb 14, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that the Philly snake?

;):p

20. UShornet

UShornet Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ummmm wow, copyright infringement??

21. SeaM

SeaM Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's basically what you call your two-fer.

And you do NOT want Lars Ulrich on your tail...

22. s1ark5

s1ark5 Member

Mar 20, 2008
    alright gents I think what I am about to tell you will put a big smile to all of your faces, it should anyway....I live here in Tampa, FL and sports talk in this city is piss poor and I have nothing to listen to on the way home but this clown named Big Dog however one thing I like about him is that he is a HUGE soccer fan, and loves the sport.

Some of his callers sometimes call to discuss the EPL and other big name moves within the European leagues and of ocourse the World Cup coming up....well about two months or so ago this one caller actually called and talked about MLS.

The caller went on to talk about how much he likes the league and wants it to succeed and Big Dog admitted he hasnt watched the league much but will try to get into it more and more as we grow. Big Dog then started to ask the caller questions about MLS and the latest rumors, player transactions, they even got into the discussion of the new expansion teams and how much Seattle has done a great job with promoting the game and their fans deserve alot of credit and hoping that these new expansions will follow suit.

Overall it was a conversation that lasted about 7 minutes or so and it was GREAT to hear in a top 20 market in the US MLS being talked about on sports talk, in the off season no less.....

23. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in a non-MLS market, you should call in and talk about the Rowdies sometime once the season gets going.

24. djpower

djpower Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Victoria, Australia
    A commerical from ESPN Pacific Rim
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2AReCYru4w"]YouTube- Philadelphia Union vs Seattle Sounders FC MLS commerical[/ame]

25. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm calling the Metallicops!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuR5TNyL8Y"]YouTube- Napster Bad[/ame]