Sign Finding of MLS in Life, Everyday, Part 3

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Ismitje, Sep 7, 2009.

1. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders

Or like most Seattlites just doesn't like LA people asking questions of them when they don't know them. ;)

2. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After 6 months, those AFN "commercials" are intolerable!

TS.

3. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've noticed that too. They also sell the international jerseys in the appropriate countries at EPCOT. Apparently, they also sell Orlando Pirates jerseys...need to find one of those.

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From time to time they have African team's jersey in the Mombasi Marketplace in Animal Kingdom as well.

5. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This past Saturday evening, after dropping my wife and kid off at the front door of Ruby Tuesday's to put our name in with the hostess, I went to park the car. Walking back to the entrance, a family of 5 came out. The oldest boy was wearing a Toronto FC jersey, and I had my Union t-shirt on. I told the kid, as I point to my shirt, he's got a hometown team to cheer on, to which his dad says, "That's what I've been trying to tell him!" The kid just shoved his hands in his pockets, shrugged his shoulders, and put his head down, all while his dad started busting his chops. Kinda funny.

6. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd disown my kid for that. :D It'd be like them choosing to be a Cubs fan: Not in my house.

7. AeroNaught

AeroNaught Member+

Atlanta United
    Feb 14, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The other day at Olive Garden I saw full blown Chicago Fire gear on a couple kids (shorts, shirt, jacket, etc.); I realize that was probably their club team get-up, but it was still weird to see that down here.:p

8. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naw, that's when you slap the mama

:D :cool:

9. DC Fan in Chatt

DC Fan in Chatt New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i saw a columbus crew scarf at App State a week ago. I was pretty impressed as i had just taken off my USMNT scarf

10. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw 3 Union hats and 2 Union jerseys, for a total of 5 people wearing Union stuff last night at the Flyers v. Maple Leafs at the Wachovia Center.

11. Ajas

Ajas Member

Sep 23, 2009
    3eattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'd just gotten back from Vancouver on Saturday night, and I still had my jacket and scarf on at the grocery store. Guy comes up to me-- "Did you go up to Vancouver to see the game?" Yeah. "How was it?... it was hard to tell how we were playing from the live blog."

12. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw a guy wearing an old Wiz hat at the Bush Gardens in Tampa today.

13. ChicagoFC (FireClub)

Jan 25, 2009
    Logan Square
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where in alabama, as this might have been the U-16 team which went down to MS when the fire came in from Mexico.

14. AeroNaught

AeroNaught Member+

Atlanta United
    Feb 14, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Birmingham (Hoover to be exact); that's a long ways to get lost from the border with MS.:p

15. Oister

Oister Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Mile High
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    My local Ross had Wizards and Fire full training gear for $25. They've had United, Crew, Barca, Chiva, Cruz Azul, ManU gear for the longest time.

16. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kid that lives in my Boston University dorm wears a Union jersey occasionally...very impressed.

17. ChicagoFC (FireClub)

Jan 25, 2009
    Logan Square
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    indeed it is

18. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    My buddy was in town from LA over the weekend and his overnight bag was a soccer bag with an MLS logo on it. He doesn't watch soccer but got it for free or something. I got a laugh

19. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    funny, I also have a Tampa Bay Mutiny jersey that was purchased at a thrift store in San Diego for $5. Never wear it.

20. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually wear it when playing pick up soccer.

Also down in OU in Athens Ohio (90 minutes from c-bus) I've seen 4 people besides myself sporting Crew jerseys and I havent even had lunch yet! Oh the times they are a changin' gotta love seeing domestic soccer catching on.

21. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a guy in my neighborhood who has an RSL sticker on his car. I want to ask him if he's a soccer/MLS fan (as opposed to having bought the car with the sticker already on it), but I never see him.

22. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never noticed that...I'm gonna have to check that out (going there for half my honeymoon in November). Thanks for the tip.

23. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem. My mother-in-law works at the World so I end up spending a lot of time down there.

24. damexicancrazy@$$guy

Jan 22, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Not sure if this is relevant, but I was playing FIFA10 and the ticker said NYRB signed Sutton. It was weird because I had never seen MLS news on there before and the Sutton signing isn't exactly high profile.

25. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the 4th of July parade in Evanston Il, last year I saw a guy with the infamous DC United Cat in the Hat jersey. I asked him if he was a DC fan and said it had been a gift and was wearing it because it's red, white and blue.

Not sure if this counts, but on the Dave Patrick show yesterday I noticed that he had a Sounders jersey over the back of his chair.