Show me the money - Other teams (that aren't as rich as us) thread.

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Sep 18, 2008.

1. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good buy...not a great one though. :)

2. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Erick are you testing the waters!! Are you slyly seeing if you can metamorphize into a Manchester City supporter. Are you switch hitting? This a bold bold try my friend. But nevertheless I applaud your audacious attempt. Normally, I would be appalled at this blatent undertaking of awesome, literally awesome, front-running.

But that fact is us Citizens, are quite small in number here on Big Soccer, and shit, we can use pretty much anyone we can get.

Listen Erick, I know these things are not easy. But I can assume that someone with a fragile enough ego to actually be a ManU supporter; losing even four or five games a year can be too much for your fragile self-confidence. But I'm sure you have alot of friends over there on the Rag side, so if you want to take thing slowly, please be my guest, I understand. But I have a strong feeling this may be a very easy divorce for you come the end of the season, when you guys may actually be trophyless. I mean christ, you used to have the best player in the world, now you best player is the walking Bulgarian string of misery. You used have Fightin' Carlos Tevez, now you got a FW that Sam Alydice wouldn't want in his side... that's f'n true and you know it

Here's an old gem of wisdom that might give you an idea what it means to support your current favorite club:

Man United fans are one sh*tty season away from being Chelsea fans... AGAIN!

I was expecting a lot of you rats to jump ship, but this soon WOW... No worries for I respect your trailblazing efforts to gloryhunt erick. Well Done indeed!:)

3. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Doh!:eek:

No one has to even offer me money to dislike ManUre and Chelski, I will do it for free.:)

4. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    speaking of money, I am interested to know MCFC's financial situation. It doesn't take a brainer to figure out that we're full of money right now, but I'd like to know if the club is making money. We've spent a lot of money on transfers but so did Chelsea a while ago and it is in a bit of financial crises. Liverpool is also in a bit of crises am I correct? If the teams are sold out every game and are playing in Europe are having financial difficulties, how is MCFC going to coup?

6. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there was some discussion recently about how this summers transfer funds are more like a donation than a loan in that it won't be treated as debt on the team's books. The money Abramovich put into Chelsea's transfer spending was treated as a loan, which is part of why they having difficulties now. The other part, of course, is that Abramovich is no longer flush with cash because the Russian oligarchs have been hit especially hard by the global financial crisis.
    Liverpool is a very different situation. They were acquired with borrowed money, and now the two guys who bought them are not getting along, to put it mildly.

7. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    One of the primary reasons that Kaka declined moving to Manchester City was the uncertainty of our ownership's commitment. What if one day Mansour decides to pull out of the Manchester City project? We'd be left out in the cold. Man Utd doesn't need to worry about that because it already established a international brand, with pretty much an unlimited fanbase merchandise sales. We still have ways to go before that happens and I hope Mansour sees this as a long project and not as a cheap thrill.

8. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me that just sounds like Kaka's people were inventing justifications for a decision that seems to have been based primarily on emotional factors.
    That, of course, is not something that can't be controlled, but what I've seen does not suggest a dilletante who's going to get bored with his new toy.

Actually the Rags are not in great shape long term. Malcolm Glazer, the American who bought the team, had to borrow much of the cost, with the club itself as collateral, because the price was so high, leaving them with a huge pile of debt. They're better off than Liverpool because they have a larger revenue base and more agreement in the boardroom, not because of a better debt position.

I'm fuzzy on the details, but I believe that ADUG (the actual owners of City) needed little or no debt to complete the purchase and have far more in the way of resources than Glazer does.

Nothing is certain, but disaster scenarios for City don't seem likely enough to justify much worry.

9. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Big Club Mentailty - Man Utd steal youngster from french club

United have been accused of offering 'very large' sums to the 16-year-old's parents to induce him to end a contract he has until the end of this season.

An angry Le Havre statement said: "This act is even more unacceptable as it comes from a club with such stature."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8180042.stm

I'm sure Baconface is proud :rolleyes:

10. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  11. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Being honest I don't have a lot of sympathy for him!

There are many more deserving causes, and people in this world worthy of my concern. A professional footballer being paid millions to perform on the pitch, should not spend his time getting high, sniffing coke up his nostrills every night!

12. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I, honestly do not.

Chelsea wants their money back, and I'm sure there was something in the contract that said in the case of Illegal Substance use, they reserved the right to terminate the deal without fiduciary penalties. Look at the signing bonus as more of an Advance persay, Money up front for work yet to be done.

A guy says he's going to build a deck for you (sober) and he shows up everyday wasted off his ass, you have every right to get the money you payed up front, Back, and tell him to f-off, even if he is capable of building the damn thing.

Let's say he had gotten arrested for, I don't know let's say Dog Fighting, and his jailtime was what kept him from fufiling his contract, I doubt anyone would be up in arms over Chelsea wanting to get their cash back.

I feel that because it seems like relatively minor thing ( a lil coke never killed anyone) and the penalty seems a bit excessive, Chelsea do look like a bunch of Fascists. But the fact is Mutu was given A Truckload of money to do a very very very simple job... show up and play soccer. That's it.

If he got injured, or played poorly Chelsea would have never seen dime one back, but he failed a drug test opening a pandora's box of legal and financial retribution... there are hundreds of jobs out there that would have had the Employee chucked out the door by the end of the day, I don't see why this should be really any different. I understand that money is well spent by Mutu, but maybe he should've thought twice about spending money that LEGALLY he may not have earned.

HELL in College Athletics they can take your scholarship away just for not playing well. That's easily $80,000 given to you Up Front, that your now on the hook for if you choose to stay in school after having your Scholarship ganked.

I have little pity for Adrian... maybe he should come to Man City to work off the Debt!

13. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I have no sympathy for the fact he lost his contract, that is Chelsea's decision and well within their rights.

However, i thing sueing him for their percieved value of him is ridiculous. He had no say in the transfer as it was between his former club and Chelsea. Sueing him for the rest of his contract worth i can understand, but for his pervieced transfer value by a club that terminated his contract? That is excessive.

14. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh so they wanted Cash on top that from Mutu for the loss of potential transfer funds?
    They might as well sue Hernan Crespo while they are at it!

15. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Prancing Pony tells it like it is

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8F5NiideOg"]YouTube - Ronaldo pretending he was happy at United - we translate[/ame]

Subtitled for the hard of understanding...

16. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ^^^^
    Love it!

Changed my username, if you can't work out 'who' i used to be then your a douche :p.

This has nothing to do with other teams .. but we have no off-topic thread!

17. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is it you get around to getting a name change? I mean I don't really feel like much of a noob anymore:p

18. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I just thought that it would be better to disassociate my views from that of the man who was the first City hero i ever had, everyone knows me as MVF anyway. Yeah, it's a small thing but it's been something that was on my mind.

As for you, n00bz never l3@Rn :p

19. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    F***.

Just heard about Daniel Jarque .. that's absolutely devastating news, just 26.
    Just made captain, and has been found dead in his apartment, apparently due to a heart attack .. was on the phone to his girlfriend.

I can't imagine the pain his family is going through, or his teammates.

R.I.P.

20. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sad news RIP Dani, and condolences to his family, friends and all Espanyol supporters.

On a personal note Espanyol in Barcelona, along with Atlectico in Madrid have always held a certain soft spot in my heart. Having had to share similar issues to ourselves, with all narrow minded media & opposition thinking the fans must be mad not to support their perceived larger neighbours. I followed there amazing relegation battle last season, and was really pleased for them when the eventually survived. I was glad they could move to their new stadium proud they are still La Liga team. It is therefore particularly sad, that today this terrible event occured.

21. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RIP Daniel. So sad that he died as it seemed his career was hitting a high after being made captain. My condolences to his family and friends.

22. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a buddy, 27, die of heart attack a few weeks ago. Absolutely Shocking to see healthy young men die out of the blue like that. These kind of things seem to happen remarkably way too frequintly.

23. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The scum just lost to ickle Burnley! :):D:)

24. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  25. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That vid is priceless the announcer is absolute class. Have no idea what he said but priceless. Defoe hat trick. Thought I would chime in.