Show me the money - Other teams (that aren't as rich as us) thread.

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Sep 18, 2008.

1. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Owen to the Rags

No need to apologise & 10 out of 10 for effort...

but some are beyond reform ;)

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

I refer you back to post #7. I am still awaiting an appropriate response from the three Man City fans involved. Hopefully they will be forthcoming.

3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

My main query with the Owen transfer is that i truly don't believe he is as United supporters love to roll out, 'Manchester United Quality'. In his prime, he was an excellent striker and he still shows glimpses of that but he is past his prime. He may only be 29 (correct me if wrong), but with the amount of injuries he has had and the amount of stress that has been put on his body he is more akin to a 32-33 year old striker who is starting to lose/has lost his most vital asset, his pace; rather than a man who is in the midst of his prime.

Ferguson has in the past stated that he wishes to have 'four top quality strikers'. Valencia is not 'top quality' nor a striker, and owen can no longer hold the claim of 'top quality', at this stage of his career, despite what his brochure says about him. Tevez may not have performed to his absolute best ability, but pretty much universally is considered as 'top quality', with the ability to live up to his potential. He is only 24 (25 maybe), so there is a lot of growth in him. Neither had uninterrupted seasons, Owen through injuries and Tevez through others taking his place (and i would love to see the difference between games played and games started. That is the major difference between the two seasons he has had at United)

I don't believe that the current Manchester United strikeforce is better than last season, that is laughable. Owen is not better than Ronaldo and Valencia is not better than Tevez. With the current strikeforce, United will not score as many, or more goals than last season.

You state that you want 'end product' but Owen scored three more goals than Tevez in 08/09, starting as a central striker who's only job was to score goals. Tevez was to hurry opponents, always be on their toes, contribute to build up play and score if the opportunity presented itself. The season before Tevez scored a lot more than Owen. Not in the same class bracket.

If this is to be Ferguson's final signing, I don't think United will win the league. I think Ronaldo paved over a lot of cracks for a long time, central midfield especially who have often been out-bullied and outplayed when i have seen them. It will be interesting to see what he does with the rest of the transfer window, he has a fair bit of money to play with but everyone knows with Ferguson that doesn't necessarily correlate to big money signings. Benzema moving to Madrid was a big loss for United, who have been interested for a long time, i just don't see where that 'top class' signing will come from..

4. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

^Owen started 21 matches while Tevez started in 18, only counting PL matches.

5. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

blah blah blah... as someone who has (for some reason or another) read almost every post on this thread, i can tell you one thing...

owen is shite!!!
    -before the end of october, he will have some kind of injury or another...

ps- i hope city and tevez wipes the floor with some dirty red rags.. aka dirty tampons..

7. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I don't want a thread solely commenting on United signings, as quite honestly i could not care less.

If Teso wants to respond to my post, he can, otherwise this thread should be closed or moved to "The Other Teams Threads"

8. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Owen to Rags thread has been merged here. Thanks.

9. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Cheers CB. I didn't think we need to have a thread dedicated solely to United signings, we are having a good enough summer without having to laugh at United's transfers :D

10. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY The new best selling book from the most popular propagandista since Carl Rove...TESO!!!

The book is called
    TESO DOSO BOCHOS'
    FALLACY IS MY FELLATIO: how loneliness, boredom and asexuality can make you into a great liar.
    Forward by erick $25 hardback

Here's a sneak peak:

Chapter I: Fallacy of Accident-
    See using the Teso method, if you want to prove Michael Owen was a better striker then Thierry Henry.. lets say in 2003... you first dictate some mindless rhetoric: "Strikers score Goals. End of Story". Then follow it up with statistics that prove your point but be sure to leave out (by accident) anything that could be even remotely seen as a threat to your earlier mindless rhetoric: So even though Henry had 23 ASSISTS in 2003, just say "OWEN scored the same number of goals in less games therefore I am right and, of course, You are completly wrong." then labor the point "Just admit it." then add AD HOMINEM "You idiot."

Chapter II: Ad Hominem "Attack of Man" See Big Soccer is all about winning (yay!) that's why Teso is a frontrunner of all things sporting. The easiest way to get your point across (or to Win by the book of Teso), clearly, is to call the other person in the disccusion either 1. A LIAR "That makes you a Liar, does it not?" or 2. An Idiot "Just admit you know nothing." Keep these attacks to about one sentence because no one ever will read your long drawn out, repeatitive prose... but they will see your seven word insult afterwards.

Chapter III: Cognitive Bias- Yes Teso is biased but that doesn't keep him from trying to shepherd the masses. Teso recently made an all-EPL squad made up of entirely Manchester United players, one of whom was Gary Neville.

Where Cognitive Bias truely comes in is when, you actually attend a sporting event. Lord Teso's father "Father Teso" once took the young 30 year old virgin to a football match in a desperate attempt to get the boy outside for a change. Alas, Young Teso witnessed Mexico lose to Argentina in the Confed's Cup Four years ago in Germany. Under the Law of Bichos; When you see something IN PERSON, you by the eyeball default... now know EVERYTHING there is to know about those countries. Yep!

Teso decreed that because of this tragic loss "Mexico is in every way better then the USA!!" what analysis only a true professional could do it as well... now a normal person may acknowledge that the previous statement is completely wrong when this past CC, the mighty USMNT actually beat the top team in the world and scored two in a championship they eventually lost. Pretty much reducing his argument into a load of Bichos.

But not Teso, see because TDB was not in attendance it didn't count. "That tourney was a joke, I would never even be caught discussing it, let alone going"

T-D-B, T-D-B, T-D-B

Chapter IV: everyone's Favorite Post Hoc:
    Please use the following example and replace the names of whom you deem fit for logical and rational retardation.

Here's a great one:
    "When Darren Fletcher plays we (scum) win, Darren Fletcher didn't play in the Champions League Final...Therefore, Darren Fletcher not playing was the sole reason Manchester United lost the most important game of the Club's existence"

SO GO OUT AND BUY
    TESO DOSO BOCHOS'
    FALLACY IS MY FELLATIO
    because he needs the Attention and as you all know "No True Scotsman" can be this sexually depraved!!!

:)

11. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    subs. :)

Ronaldo was easily worth 100 milion euros and for Man Citeh, 250 million euros. :D

Owen is a much better player than Tevez in so many ways, but the most important one is that Owen is more consistent that Tevez.

12. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  13. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Are you kidding?
    I see Owen in being superior to Tevez in one way, he is a 'box predator' and as such is a better finisher.

14. Panzo

Panzo Member

Oct 3, 2003

LOL, Brilliant!! :)

15. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Which means more goals. :)

16. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except when he's injured, which happens quite often...

17. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Man Utd has a great coaching staff that will take care of that. :)

to add on, Mexico, will always be better than America.

18. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah thanks for the add on:rolleyes:

19. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Hmm........go help the MLS and get some canadian teams. ;)

20. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look if you want to you can keep babbling all the bs you want, but I'm pretty sure we're here to discuss EPL transfers not US-Mexico.

Bottom line is if Man United really want to rely on Owen they'll have to hope he doesn't get injured because no training staff can keep his fragile body together. To actually rely on Owen as a goal source that replaces either Ronaldo or Tevez will either be good or a borderline disaster. Its been a while since Owen has actually produced at a high level. Who knows maybe playing for a top team like United will do him good, but then again maybe it won't and he'll continue on his downward trend. Its a crap shoot at best by United.

21. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me try to direct this conversation back on topic. This is NOT the Mexico or USA board, so trying to flame our users intentionally will not be tolerated. Sorry, this is not the place for that. Also, lets refrain from attacking each other. Thanks guys.

22. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Oooh you big mod abusing your powers :p.

[/sarcasm]

Did anyone hear about Chelsea reporting us for tapping up John Terry .. ?

23. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's right!

24. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Any update on Toure?

25. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Reported on BBC radio this morning that we have agreed a £15 million deal with Arsenal last night, nothing concrete from City though, it's still early.