Should We Stay Or Should We Go? - The Chelsea News Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Completely agree. And honestly, people should have known going into the season that this was not going to happen over night. I had no delusions to this and I think the majority of us here with level heads knew this as well. As hard as it is to see us lose, a year down the road, the end product will be worth the suffering we are going through now.

2. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i really wanted modric. think he really could do so much for this team.

but i also agree that he's not the only one. i think modric would be making a huge difference, i really do. but we're also suffering defensively.

we need a modric type CM, a new versatile winger, and a RB. i think those things would help everyone else we have not, also play better. unfortunately, i don't think we're going to be able to really get a difference making signing during the winter.

we also have to start getting realistic about the money that we can spend. and getting modric and a hazard may just not be an option anymore, i don't know. and i like DeBruyne (sp?) but he's not going to come in a change our season. though, hazard would. this season could really define the next few for us i think. again, top 4 is crucial i think.

3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    talked about this a while back but the investigation into the media hacking scandal seems to be expanding past the NOTW with several celebrities listing other media outlets as being involved with similar antics

interesting to see that Jose was allegedly a target by one of the investigators

hopefully this will help leash in some of these jackals

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  5. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    well it does say that Kohn Pedersen Fox is the firm chosen for this project and besides the New York sports and convention center they're really only known for skyscrapers.

Battersea is substantially larger than earls court and if romans gonna build something hes gonna build it not big but HUMONGOUS.

I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a few office/res building that will accompany the stadium.

EDIT: i would imagine that it would involve some sort of interesting attractions or anything that would engage the London population in a way where they can eventually become Chelsea supporters. Kids, their parents, the youth who knows.

6. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AVB denies Terry booking was pre-planned

But Villas-Boas insists Terry, who scored the opening goal against Wolves, didn't plan to get booked to wipe the slate clean ahead of a hectic December programme which includes vital games against Premier League leaders Manchester City and Tottenham.

"It wasn't a deliberate yellow card as they're not allowed by UEFA," Villas-Boas told The Sun. "Frank Lampard was also on four yellow cards and we didn't force it.

"Terry got a yellow card from a throw-in. Ashley Cole was looking for the best options and couldn't find any so Terry's out on Tuesday."

7. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    re Battersea Power Station links, here's from CFCTruth:

http://cfctruth.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html

8. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Sam Hutchinson rewarded with a 1.5 year contract. Good on the lad , deserves it for what he has been through. Future RB perhaps?

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    great news for him

not sure he has the legs, or knees to be exact, to play every week in the Prem

perhaps he could be our version of Ledley King :)

10. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Interesting stat on the amount of shots parried back into danger. That's been a very telling problem with Cech this season. Very inconsistent in where he and how he parries the ball. Many of the shots have been hit right at him, do to his great reading and ability to close down, but he can't seem to react in a way that gets the ball away from danger. A few of the Arsenal goals and even the Liverpool goal could have been saved. Most of the goals Chelsea conceded have been inside the 18 yard box.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rene Adler may be available on a free!

12. SwissBlue

SwissBlue Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Fribourg
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Great piece of news amongst all the negativity.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15993883.stm

Lety hope Sam continues his rehab successfully. Future RB ? Now that would be a story.......

13. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    It would make an amazing story, but I wouldn't bet on it to happen.

14. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think we're mostly likely helping him prepare for a career further down the leagues.

15. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Pompey home in the Cup

16. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    Apparently AVB has said that even if Barca come knocking for Romeu, the deal will need the club's approval.

Good news if true but if thats the case, then why bother adding the buyback clause at all? How would Barca trying to get back Romeu be diferent from an ordinary transfer then?

Source: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2544256,00.html

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  18. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    [​IMG]

21. RamboTambo

RamboTambo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, he's also a Barca fan. They did the same thing at Camp Nou with him in Barca gear showing off his skillz.

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    yet another reason to hate Barca :D

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And Beibler. Not to mention...he doesn't know what "German" means... :rolleyes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp7YFndtcfA"]Justin Bieber doesn't know what German is. - YouTube[/ame]