Should We Stay Or Should We Go? - The Chelsea News Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No!

It's like I said originally. His case is that he said he was saying he HADN'T called him a black asterisk.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/09/john-terry-case-racist-language

Susan Whitewood, a lip reader, told the court she examined footage and thought Ferdinand said "Oi, you," then his head was obscured by the referee, followed by "shagging your mate's missus", and then another word she could not make out.

She said she believed she could see Terry saying: "Yeah, I [missing word and face obstructed] you fecking black asterisk [pause] fecking knobhead", she said.

Challenged by the defence over whether "you" could be "a", she agreed it was possible, but she was of the opinion it was the word "you".

The [missing word and face obstructed] being 'DIDN'T call/say you/a'.

It's not even a 'he said/he said' because Ferdinand admits he never heard it himself anyway. Quite honestly, on the available evidence so far, how the hell this has even come to court is a total bloody mystery. :mad:

Well, apart from the fact that Ferdinand and his agent are clearly a couple of total and complete asterisks of the first order!!! :D

Wrath repped this.
  2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    That's what the story I read this morning said, I've never claimed to be devising Terry's strategy.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'll be honest mate, it's bloody hard to keep track of all the bullshit versions of what's been said over here so how anyone who doesn't live here copes I don't know.

4. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    Sam Wallace@SamWallaceIndy
    Chief magistrate adjourns Terry trial until 2pm. Will consider defence submission that case should not go forward\

Oh how I wish this could be over and done with today.

5. Balls of Fire

Balls of Fire Member

Oct 16, 2007
    The court says there is a case and has not thrown it out.

From the updates I've been reading, it sounds like a whole load of nothing. What a waste of time.

addicted2chelsea repped this.
  6. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Seems like a political stunt, someones taking advantage of this no doubt. Just hope JT doesnt get hurt to much as a result.

Love that racist bastard.

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  8. Balls of Fire

Balls of Fire Member

Oct 16, 2007
  9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ash appears as a witness for the defence...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18791781

Chelsea defender Ashley Cole has told a court his teammate John Terry should not have been put on trial over alleged racial abuse.

Mr Terry, 31, is accused of racially insulting QPR's Anton Ferdinand.

When asked by the prosecution about the case, Mr Cole replied: "We shouldn't be sitting here.

Well, quite!

I thought a one point there might have been someone who heard remarks made at the time so wasn't sure but it's becoming increasingly obvious there isn't a SHRED of evidence, the case having been brought by an off duty policeman who was watching Match Of The Day on the BBC later that night who doesn't know any more than anyone ELSE who saw it.

I think this is another case of British justice not just being seen to be done... sometimes it has to be seen to be believed :(

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To me the case is simply ludicrous. A lot of things are being said during the heat of the moment in games. If this trend continues, we could see various court litigation popping up everywhere.

fernb8 repped this.
  11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If that did happen let's hope they have a little... er... what's that technical term those lawyer johnnies use to describe stuff... oh yeah, that's it.... EVIDENCE!

What annoys me is that everyone KNOWS this has only come to court because of who it is. JT might be a racist, (although I tend to think someone might have noticed before now as he's been playing in teams with many black players for the past 20+ years), but, in the absence of some proof, so what! Hey, maybe he was on the grassy knoll when Kennedy was shot?! What a fecking joke! :mad:

Edit: This has wound me up a bit as you might have noticed guys ;) :D

Wrath and fernb8 repped this.
  12. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ferdinand brothers are a bunch of bitches that made this bigger then it was. Also i hope Terry does a counter suit for defamation of character.

fernb8 repped this.
  13. couris

couris Red Card

Aug 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is nothing compared to what players say in a hockey game...:speechless:

14. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We've all lost track of what this is likely all about. Namely, Rio Ferdinand once had a show called World Cup Wind Ups where he would play practical jokes on players.

We'll doubtless get to the end of the trial (involving his brother and biggest positional rival) and the foreman of the jury will read the following verdict: "We the jury find that the defendant is Guilty........of being Merk'd!!" at which point he will pull off his rubber mask, Tom Cruise MI2 style, to reveal Rio himself mugging for the camera.

Because honestly, this is less ridiculous than the alternative that this is real and actually happening based on 'after the fact flimsy non-evidence'.

15. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    Terry verdict in a few minutes, probably. I am certain he will be found guilty.

16. Balls of Fire

Balls of Fire Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Seems that way. From the "judge":

Dan Levene@BluesChronicle
    "I'm satisfied there is little or no reason for (AF) to lie."

17. Balls of Fire

Balls of Fire Member

Oct 16, 2007
  18. Balls of Fire

Balls of Fire Member

Oct 16, 2007
    addicted2chelsea repped this.
  19. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    Come on, there's no need to put judge in inverted commas. He is a professional and shouldn't take into account the conspiracy theories many of us are cooking up. Anton does have no reason to lie.

mshankb repped this.
  20. Balls of Fire

Balls of Fire Member

Oct 16, 2007
    I only put it in quotes because i wasn't aware of the proper English term. Now I know it's "magistrate."

21. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    I apologize. Misunderstood you and jumped to conclusions.

23. Balls of Fire

Balls of Fire Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Kind of like Anton Ferdinand.

24. Qindarka

Qindarka Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Malaysia
    This affair will still have hurt his public image. People are already talking about how the judgment was wrong and bringing in the OJ Simpson case as an example of how the legal system sucks. But at least the haters lose any claim to the moral high ground, no matter how much they pretend to stand atop it.

25. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    To think he went on trial because of a single complaint made by a journo. The CPS dont get their high profile "speech crime" victim they wanted . Thank god for that .