Should We Stay Or Should We Go? - The Chelsea News Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    They seat 70k iinm which means 30 more, but mor importanlty, who says we can fill a 60 seater game in and out.

Its one thing that bugs me, how we sometimes dont fill up the Bridge atm, and as i stated before, that will only happen after we win a CL.

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I still do not think the United comparison is apt and imo filling the Bridge is related more to the below factors than winning the CL

- the season tickets are Chelsea are more expensive

- the cost of a day out to Chelsea is significantly more expense than to Utd

- Chelsea face much, much more competition in the immediate area than Utd

if we are looking for a comparison it should be to Arsenal, not United

3. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
  4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought they were apart and did not want to be a part of the central group for the reasons cited in the article?

Agree with you on the leadership aspect but can understand they want to be viewed as a collective rather than have the spotlight shone on any one individual. But having a conduit who can represent their views in some of the closer discussions would benefit both sides.

5. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    It's so tiresome, either you are part of the process or you aren't, they are well on the way to being a footnote.

6. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    not as long as they continue to prevent a successful vote

9. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like that article and have to agree with it. Our line has been spread eagled on us multiple times. The idea that we have to push so high up the entire match doesn't help us in any way possible (understanding it may draw out the opposition) we are not covering each others spaces well enough to make up for open space counters. The idea of pressuring the to win the ball back is great but if we can not win it within a certain amount of time, the d-line needs to drop back until the ball is in their possession. Not sure if AVB will be adjusting any of his tactics but he seems smart enough to realize when changes need to be made. Hopefully as he matures and learns more techniques he'll adjust accordingly to each match individually.

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    AVB charged with misconduct by the FA regarding his accurate comments related to that moron Chris Foy

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    He got his first stripes. Good job!

12. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The club has today (Tuesday) released the following statement.
    With regards to the FA charge against Andre Villas-Boas for remarks he made after the QPR game, the manager is denying the charge against him and has submitted his response to the Football Association.

13. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    AVB has got balls & I think his missus won't disagree :D

As for other bit of news, a 12 yr old kid has snubbed Chelsea for now:
    http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/9365198.Town_starlet_snubs_Chelsea/?ref=rss

14. LuckyDay

LuckyDay New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  15. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Well, in that case, as Juni has already pointed out, it's their club Swindon who are making all the noises to put some hype about their academy setup. Whether it is good or bad is debatable.

Chelsea have worked ethically & kept things under wraps as far as the story is concerned.

16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agreed.

IMO there's no WAY you can tell if a kid is going to be top flight at that age. ALL you can say is he looks great ATM but that's never really been a guide. if I think back too all the wunderkid's I've seen and the vast bulk of them have amounted to nothing at all.

17. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    indeed

had plenty of World Beaters at the age of 16 as well who amounted to nothing

also

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...joins-chelsea-pitch-owners-board-6263545.html

Dennis joins the CPO board

and

numerous stories that Hiddink may becoming an "adviser or consultant" to the club after leavig Turkey

18. RamboTambo

RamboTambo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If AVB is anything like Jose, he would not approve of this.

19. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    even if he is not like Jose I hope it is something where Guus will keep some distance for a little while

it will only take a poor run of form before some fans will start clamouring for the return of Guus

20. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Tbh, im happy with how AVB has done so far with the team. I won't be calling for his head anytime soon, even if we don't win a single cup this season.

Edit:

Of course, the opinion depends on the person, and that is my opinion. Im sure that there are quite a few CFC fans who will call for AVB's head if we don't win anything.

21. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    just praying for a top 4 right now for me. everything else is bonus. we need the draw of the CL to really build and let AVB get who he wants. i honestly think it comes down to that. if we slip out, we really put ourselves in jeopardy to fall behind. especially in the new financial days ahead.

22. SwissBlue

SwissBlue Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Fribourg
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm just sitting here having watched Spurs win 2-0 against Villa. Adebayor 2 gls. And watching Modric play gave me for the first time a real appreciation of why AVB wanted him. A Modric-Mata axis in our team would be deadly. We'd easily double our goal tally IMO and I could see both of them having a good understanding for each other's style of play.

I said elsewhere why I think AVB is the right manager for us. He's the modern man of football coaching. I can see how he wants us to play. Lets face it, one-touch Barça-style football is the future insofar as to how football is going to be played by the elite teams. AVB knows this and is therefore embarking on a transition which could end in tears for some players, even the icons, but I believe will transform the fortunes of CFC and move us to the next level, ie in the same league as Real and Barça, the world's two best teams. Hoping so anyway......:cool:

23. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    I agree with most of what SwissBlue wrote, but I think that at this point we need more than just Modric to change the whole thing around. I think that we need at least 3 new players to boost the team as a whole.