Should Queretaro be allowed to participate in la liguilla?

Discussion in 'Mexico: Clubs' started by Regi0, May 5, 2013.

1. Regi0

Regi0 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    I understand that they are being relegated. However that is for next year, they qualified in 8th place and should be allowed to participate. Don't get me wrong, the current situation is to my benefit since Rayados finished in 9th, but I still feel its a bit unfair to queretaro.

What are your opinions?

2. MX92

MX92 Member+

Feb 27, 2013
    They should be playing la liguilla, thats a dumbass rule

3. GiLDRiSTA

GiLDRiSTA Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nope. A relegated team winning the Liga MX does not make ANY sense to me. I do understand the "unfair" part of it, but no. You are relegated...therefore, you're participation in the Liga MX is over...there is no need to prove you're stance as a 1st division team to me any longer, adios Queretaro.

Razzle Dazzle repped this.
  4. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes they should, if a team acquires the necessary points to qualify then they are in, since they are still in the FD not the SD. It's that simple.

5. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Yeah, the rule is foolish. Mt is 90 minutes away from being the first #9 team to eliminate a #1 team since.. ever? I know it was possible in other instances of #9 making the quarterfinals like in 2001 or in the days of the play-in round. I wonder if it's happened before.