Should he stay or should he go, That is the Question! - The Jorge Jesus Thread [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Benfica4Life, Apr 30, 2011.

1. 1906

1906 Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Also, I didn't say JJ was any good or that he was going to win anything, I just said you guys were gonna beat Gil Vicente.

Do you not think Benfica will beat Gil Vicente, and after that, all the ursos will forget about all this nonsense?

2. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Beating Gil Vicente and still being 3 points behind a bunch of teams means nothing, and wont fix anything. Beating Sporting in week 3 will however.

3. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    [​IMG]

MetroChile and nbstriker8 repped this.
  4. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    According to the "Football Coach World Ranking" JJ is ranked as the 7th best coach in the world. :thumbsdown:

portugal#1 repped this.
  5. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    It is way to early in the season to be counting points....its desperate. However if we lose to Gil Vicente with the Sporting game ahead of us...will be interesting.

6. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jorge Jesus: "I don't think anyone knows more about football than I do. I'm the best coach in the world. I'll prove it when I win the CL."

7. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    Wow, I'm speechless.

8. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I never question his knowledge of soccer, its this kind of stuff the drives me nuts. Show some class. This year you did well, credit to you, last years you were a disgrace. Now all of a sudden you are the best coach in the world ? I dont even think you are the best coach in Portugal.

9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Then people say Im not fair to JJ. Im a JJ hater.

10. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #460 Sumol, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    Come on, guys. Does this surprise you? It's an epic hallmark of a Portuguese coach and i love it.

JJ4PREZ.

11. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no problem with him thinking he's the best coach. When he says it he just comes off as delusional. He's won 2 ligas in 5 years with the biggest or second biggest payroll and budget. Whoop-te-doo. Get a European trophy then you can talk the talk, in my opinion.

eurodad repped this.
  12. nuno10slb4live

Jan 23, 2013
    New Beige, Mass.
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I can't stand JJ, but he is a good coach hes just not the coach for benfica. When it comes to big games he has shown over and over he belongs in a team outside the big 3 and there's nothing wrong with that not everyone can be Mourinho.

13. andre_almeida_GOAT

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    LOL@ you attempting to diminish his accomplishments. 2 titles in 5 years is good..especially when you consider how good the team has performed consistently. Let me show you a little something

http://imgur.com/euqKWMN

14. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see a lot of Porto.

15. nuno10slb4live

Jan 23, 2013
    New Beige, Mass.
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You are the exact problema with benfica fans... If he was half decente he could have won 4 or even All 5 titles since joining benfica.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  16. andre_almeida_GOAT

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    #466 andre_almeida_GOAT, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    look how many titles porto got in the past 20 years. You guys sure have short memories of what an embarrassment we were in the years before jorge jesus. Ever since he took over we have never finished lower then second and got two league titles.

you guys are too spoiled lol if you offered a sporting fan 2 titles in the next 5 years.....

17. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So look at all those titles Porto has. Then look at all the players JJ has had since he's been here. JJ should have had at least one European trophy by now too. You can be okay with being not as good as Porto, I'm not.

18. nuno10slb4live

Jan 23, 2013
    New Beige, Mass.
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You can't be a benfica supporter, your really a closet Porto fan right? How can you be happy with those results? And your right benfica was shit before LFV took over and stabilized the club. JJ had the perfect scenario and players to win most competitions benfica was in but his stupid tactics cost us over and over.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  19. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jorge Jesus? More like Jorge Judas.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Holy smokes.... from a Sporting fan, WOW

21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    #471 BatatasFritas, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    WTF is going on? I thought the rumours that Porto wanted him was funny but this Sporting move sounds like a prank. I'm glad JJ is staying in Portugal for the entertainment factor but Sporting? Damn. Viera must of pooped in his sock drawer.

How do benfica fans see this move? Judas? Time to move on?

22. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a business. I understand the move on his part, winning back to back with Benfica then trying to win with Sporting would be quite the accomplishment.

I've been ready to move on from him for a few seasons. His incompetence in the Europa and Champions Leagues from his first 3 seaons still bother me. But he won back to back Ligas for the first time in my lifetime (Portos dominance was insane).

nuno10slb4live repped this.
  23. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #473 Sumol, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    By all means, Sporting. Indulge! Time for a fresh start, what Rui Vitoria did was outstanding and he's going to show us what he can do with even better players. I guess JJ didn't want to leave Portugal for Turkey. His incompetence in European competition is what's holding him back from the bigger clubs, going to Sporting surely won't help him in that area.

24. nuno10slb4live

Jan 23, 2013
    New Beige, Mass.
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Good riddance been waiting for this since Kelvins goal.

25. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    True and we should give him credit for that BUT, I also can say, with the talent pool that he had, maybe he should have won more.

Sumol repped this.