SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2012/2013

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by IvanIV, May 27, 2012.

1. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hope it is l**ds.

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    a respectable draw (though wednesday were apparently rather shite in the first half) v ipswich has the owls within touching distance of safety. with two games left and brizzle city down, they must simply finish above 2 of the 3 teams currently 4 points behind. a single win from the last two will do it ... a single draw should do it ... and frankly, the 55 points wednesday already have might well be enough.

that said, the way this season's gone at the bottom of this division, i'll not rest easy until it's mathmatically certain. if they don't get the job done v peterborough next saturday, and either of barnsley or wolves win, it'll be a long week following.

IvanIV repped this.
  3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    uh-oh. there's a rumor going around. ivan, you may want to start the music before reading on ...

[youtube]

... stuart holden wasn't in the team today for a reason. he has apprently been recalled by bolton wanderers for their last two games, and the potential promotion playoffs. his time at sheffield wednesday appears to be over.

IvanIV repped this.
  4. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he he. i knew that already. i follow him on twitter. he's a good lad he is. did you se the tweet from him to me? #manlove

i hope christian fittipaldi doesn't get jealous.

5. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i trust you understand the utter absurdity of this query. :D

IvanIV repped this.
  6. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We stay up and the pigs stay down! SWEET!

also:

442 top 50 league players... and not one of ours named?

Oh, Gardner was in the "Best of the Rest" bit... what a shame. I'd have thought at least one of our lads would be top 50, no?

Buxton would be my vote.

I have seen #2 Saha/Crystal Palace play and am agreed on his spot. Might have seen #1 Ince/Blackpool seems I saw one or two of their games online or on the telly. So I'm not arguing that, or any other spot other than surely we could o better than honorable mention, no?

8. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    obviously, we're so limited in what we see of the championship that it's impossible for us to say. but when you think about it, there seems to be a consensus amongst the wednesday faithful that the three most consistently strong players this year were buxton, gardner, and kirkland ... and these just aren't the types of players that turn heads, are they? you'd almost think that jayj would be more likely to make a list like this - not because he's more deserving, but because his strengths are far more likely to get notice amongst neutrals than the likes of solid, but not particularly spectacular, defending.

i can't say that i'm shocked, if i'm honest. and if i base it on the wednesday performances that i did see this season ... well ... i'd've been shocked had any of them made a top 200 list. :(

IvanIV repped this.
  9. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good point.

10. mayincanon

mayincanon New Member