Sermanni Names 23 Player Algarve Cup Roster

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by ForeverLOST108, Feb 21, 2013.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    To be honest Id rather have her score against a Sweden or a Germany than a meaningless goal against China.

babranski repped this.
  2. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha Ha, I'll admit its kind of early to call it a slump if shes putting up the kind of assist numbers like she is. I'm hoping Thai is right and a big game against Sweden is just what the doctor ordered.

3. goaleemama

goaleemama Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Good Lord! Barny deserves some kind of award for that game! I think we'll be following Kansas City...

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I dont really have much of an evaluation on Harris because she didnt get any tough chances except the first ball. I will say I didnt think much of the way she kicked the ball. In the first half I figured it was the wind but she didnt kick well with the wind either.

5. goaleemama

goaleemama Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Are you talking about Barny or Harris? Barny's goal kicks were not stellar, but they were adequate, I think. Her saves were great today, and watching her positioning, she seemed on top of things. I think that today's game will go a ways to boost her from back-up GK to somebody who can step up for a big game.

It will be interesting to see how things play out in KC. Henninger is the best goal kicker I've ever seen, but she doesn't have Barny's height.

Anyway, glad we paid for today's game. Totally worth it.

6. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    kernel_thai said:
    I dont really have much of an evaluation on Harris because she didnt get any tough chances except the first ball. I will say I didnt think much of the way she kicked the ball. In the first half I figured it was the wind but she didnt kick well with the wind either.​

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Barny doesnt kick as well as Solo but her kicks today were consistently around the midfield stripe.

8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Who's the new GK? Franch? Smith? Kranich? Cant believe he'll go to Europe with just two.

9. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget Henninger. Could be Naeher as well. Of the keeper's mentioned, Franch was the last one called up (May 2012).

10. goaleemama

goaleemama Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Man, I wish it would be Henninger. But I don't think it would be since she and Barny are both playing for KC.

11. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Naeher would be an interesting choice as she is already playing in Europe. I dont see Henninger as she hasnt been playing. If there was a reason Franch wasnt on the U23 it prolly still applies. Kranich and Smith both played well at La Manga but neither was the keeper of choice for the U20s. Campbell is too young to have her life messed with to be an alternate.

Yeah, it would be kinda cold to take both GKs.