Sermanni doesn't have the Balls to ever cut Wambach loose

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by WPS_Movement, Mar 7, 2014.

1. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mewis gets cut to make the 23rd spot available for her. They are strong enough to carry 22 into WC. the only thing the Vacation Cup showed is, Sermanni wasted all those minutes and penalty kicks on Wambach's stat sheet instead of his other forwards who will control the destiny of the team. the mid-field has no clue how to read the forwards in BIG GAMES (i'm not talking the tomato can friendlies at home.), and for the most part they are still geared for crosses. That's not Press and Sydney's game nor Morgan.

As far as a conditioning coach and fitness, what kind of BS is Wambach trying to pull? Even Courtnall couldn't get her up to the Speed Force :cool: on UCLA's track. Like an aging boxer, she's going downhill and won't recover. USA soccer fans welcome to Prinz Part II.

BTW, what do you think FCKC's coach would do with this squad and a possession game. He and Lines would be at the top of my list when Sermanni is given his walking papers.

BTW 2, Hagen > Wambach right now.

2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Got one stat that shows that?

3. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :rolleyes:

Wambach even has better stats than Morgan. Stop being a Yahoo. Wambach's days are numbered.

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

You said right now.

I'm talking about stats this year. Algarve, even. Any stats at all?

5. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The only fair stats you can really compare between the two are their college goal scoring #'s.

96 - Wambach
    93 - Hagen

And even then, it's difficult to use stats to compare because of the way the game has evolved since Wambach was in school, the degree of difficulty in playing in their respective conferences, etc.

Asking for "stats" to compare the two is unfair considering Hagen has not even really had a chance to prove herself completely.

6. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

No, NewSouth used the word "Now"

What evidence is there that Hagen is better than Wambach NOW.

the closest thing we have to NOW is the Algarve Cup. Was Hagen better than Wambach there?

NewSouth has a pattern of picking the latest young thing and proposing they are better than Wambach. Press, Leroux, Hagen... He'll I think you could find Natasha Kai on his list..

It's just the ABW club. Anybody but Wambach. What did she ever do to NewSouth.

Oh, wait... There is tha Brasil quarterfinal thing..

7. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NewSouth is mad Wambach doesn't swing in his direction. He has secretly had a crush on her since her days in college and had posters of her all over his wall in his bedroom. He was the one that rushed on the field after her and had to be stopped by fat security during one of the friendlies. He worshiped her every move until he learned of the truth and his little heart was broken.
    Rather than moving on like a normal person, he decided to morph into an anti-wambach troll that goes on various forums and spreads the hater-aid to all those who can tolerate it.

As a troll would, he prefers to have people react to his carefully laid out flames because he knows people don't like it. He has no reason to feel bad for it since nobody knows who he is anyway. He is the example you can send to aliens as to the explanation of how we made planet Earth blow up 1000 years down the road.

sitruc and BlueCrimson repped this.
  8. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Well, regardless of how good or bad Wambach is 14 months from now, the decision is already in.
    She will be on that final roster, provided that she is healthy.
    I don't think any coach (let alone Sermanni) would have the guts to cut her.
    Maybe Greg Ryan?

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I can't imagine us waiting 1000 years to blow the Earth up.

10. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Ok, we'll never know if Sermanni ever would have had the balls to make any major decisions.
    In fact, that may be the reason why he's no longer here.
    He just wasn't a "BOLD" coach.

11. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I guess Wambach had the balls to get Sermanni fired (if the theory is correct)

12. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i'd say it's more of a locker room meeting by the veterans. solo had a power trip back in 2007, so why can't the icons do the same now? no, the team is too perfect for that because it's women's soccer.