Sergio Koke!

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Autogolazo, Apr 13, 2011.

1. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    That could be, although as you point out it is hard to tell if it rust or if he is better on left. At any rate . . we have options.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Koke from his time at Aris, def. in MLS is best used as a supporting striker, like Schelotto.

He doesnt play much defense, he likes to play away from defenders for counter attacks, and has a very 'laxed' style of play when it comes to defending.

I think he'll be paired with Ching up top.

3. Pull My Finger

Apr 24, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This should greatly improve our attack up the middle which, IMO, has been seriously lacking. And, if so, then we suddenly became much harder to defend all around as we already have a decent attack down the wings.

Really looking forward to the match. We need to bank some points as its a very tough May league schedule.

4. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This, though, it will be interesting to see how it works out. Koke is much more athletic than Schelotto and Blanco, but probably doesn't have their vision.

I know Henry wanted to play the "creator" role earlier this season, but seems to have realized New York needs him to score goals. Hopefully Koke can produce like Blanco and Schelotto, as scoring goals in the run of play as well as setting up teammates.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That remains to be seen. Their impacts for their respected teams were big, I think he will produce similar. He does have great vision though. On their level? We'll see...

6. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    by the way ,i think Watson is the key to alot of what is going to happen for us.

if he is a solid CAM type then Im excited.If hes a Dmid then I begin to ask where the strenth up the middle is in the midfield.If watson is put as a Dmid then we are really back to dealing with one of our problems all over again.

Yes Koke up top should bring and upgrade to the forward line but we would still be relying on Davis and Cameron to create in the middle and I just dont like that set up.

Davis and Cameron are both very good MLS players and Brad is super dangerous at times but to me he is best used on this team in this formation out wide as much as possible.I hate when he has to pinch into the middle and try to create with basically one leg.I want him whipping in crosses and slotting home some great passes to the forwards and also getting off the occasional laser shot.I DO NOT like it when hes in the middle going in circles looking to position himself to use his left.

Cameron so far has not played offensively enough to show us all what his real strengths are.If we look back to his best two goals for the Dyamo they were both as he came forward behind the front line and cleaned up rebounds with toe poke type shots.

He is gangly and strong and able to keep possession when he wants to and has a great motor but to me is best suited to play CB.But if Dom put him out on the right wing I could go for that as well.Offensively I think right mid is his best position for us.

I desperately want us to have a two footed Center Mid with visison and creativity that Geoff just doesnt have in his game.Our wide play is not as effective when we have no threat up the middle.

When we were at our best DeRo created in the middle and would kick the ball out to Brad and he would whip it in with accuracy and pace.Our big guys had alot of headers and such.Brad didnt come into the middle as much.Now by neccessity he is having to do so and I hope that changes.

Koke ,once he gets some minutes will show what hes got and Dom will make the needed adjustments I hope.

anyway its exciting to have all these options and combinations to ponder.Now only a few more hours til we find out some things.

Im as jacked up for this game as any in the past couple of years minus playoffs.

comeonyoudynamotoniteisthebeginningofourrun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    while he's missed his chances, I've liked the way Bruin has created. any thoughts on pushing him back to a CAM and giving koke the nod at ST?

8. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Koke's skill may also earn a lot more free kick opportunities, the Dynamo bread and butter.

9. cimm3rian

cimm3rian New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    so how did he play against Toronto? did he play for the hole 90 min?

10. bmantx

bmantx Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes Koke played the full 90. I thought he played very well for his first start. He had several promising chances. Once he starts converting those chances into goals he will be a valuable player in this league.

11. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played and did well considering the poor service from Cameron and the non-existent Weaver.

I hope he doesn't become like Freddie Ljungberg and get too frustrated with some of his worse team mates.

12. cimm3rian

cimm3rian New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    truth is, he needs some smart(in football) and technically capable teammates in front in order to cooperate nice and fast.