Sergio Aguero begs for Liverpool switch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by bjb7223, Mar 30, 2006.

1. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    Independiente's Argentine teenage sensation Sergio Aguero says he would prefer to join his boyhood club and Champions League holders Liverpool rather than German champions Bayern Munich.

Last week Bayern confirmed their interest in the 17-year-old Aguero, who can operate as an attacking midfielder or a striker, but the Argentine talent is holding out for a move to English side Liverpool.

"If I had to choose a league then it would be the Premier League," Aguero is quoted as saying in the Munich TZ newspaper.

"I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there.

"I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente."

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has confirmed that new signings will be made in the summer and a striker is expected with the club's shot-shy forwards firing blanks this season.

With German international captain Michael Ballack seemingly on his way to Chelsea, Bayern are also on the lookout for a new creative player and chairman Karl-Heinz Rummennigge said a bid was imminent.

"Aguero has great ability and we need to make a move before the Spanish and Italian clubs join the race, otherwise he will be expensive," Rummenigge told Bild daily.

"He certainly would not be a snip but for a young player of his quality you sometimes have to be prepared to take a risk."

Aguero, contracted at Independiente until 2007, has not been capped by the Argentine national side but is still expected to cost around 15 million euros (18 million dollars).

2. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe

where did he beg in your article, as far as i got he is just wishing not beging.:confused:
    Anyways the kid which is being followed by Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Internazionale don't need to beg to join Liverpool.:D

He might be a good signing for Liverpool as you guys are struggling to get a good striker.

3. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Read the article again, this time without the fogged goggles. Funny that a kid "who is being followed by Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Internazionale" would mention Liverpool at all, eh?

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    You'd have a hard time buying him given the work permit rules.

5. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No that I believe this-- I'm sure his agent is playing the bidding war, and it really ought to come under the rumours etc. thread-- but an Italian grandparent can always be unearthed for Argentines, seemingly.

6. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You beat me to the answer to (not so) Nicephoras.

7. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well,he can be braught in as a promising youngster,since hes only 17,and argentinas Fifa ranking would realy help.Im not saying it would be easy,but it is possible.Ive seen this kid live,and hes going to be a real special player.He has the ability to take on 1,2,3 players at a time.He wont come very cheap,but the investment will be worth it.The reasonable thing to do is buy him in the summer and loan him back to Independiente,cuase at 17 hes still very raw.

If we do manage to sign aguero,just imagine the strike force coming up in a couple of years with aguero,anderson and hammill!

8. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'm sorry, who are you?

9. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    That was my question!

Apparently someone who loves fotball but not any particular team that he's proud of.

10. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does one play fotball?

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    True, but that's getting harder as the generations go on. I never said it was impossible, of course. He seems like he's going to be a very good player.

Awwwww.

12. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe the legitimate ones, but I've always thought you could buy yourself one for a tenner.

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Well, Veron did that - ended up almost being thrown out of Italy for it.

14. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    i am ilovefotball you stupid;)

15. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    and what i didn't liked about this thread is it's topic: ''Aguero begs for Liverpool switch'' he is not begging for Liverpool switch but would choose Liverpool if he can..
    I was annoyed to read that topic that's it and onething i would like to clear here that i don't have any hard feelings for you guys or your club.

someone has written that i am not proud of any team, you fool i am proud of Barca to mention one. and i wish Aguero signs Barca rather than Liverpool.

16. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If this kid is as good as they say he is we should try to sign him. We might as well get him now while he is only 17. By the time he is 20 we would be priced out of a deal by the likes of Chelsea, Madrid, etc. This is one way for Liverpool to aquire truly world class players without spending ridiculous amounts of money.

17. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd me much happier if Bayern gets him seeing as how they need him more but I doubt very much it will happen.

And if Bayern can't get him, heck, why not Liverpool :p

18. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    eh, semantics...

...the Argentine talent is holding out for a move to English side Liverpool.

"If I had to choose a league then it would be the Premier League," Aguero is quoted as saying in the Munich TZ newspaper.

"I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there.

19. AlexL89

AlexL89 New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Europe
    the Munich TZ newspaper is a very unreliable tabloid newspaper, like bild.
    i dont think you should trust this article too much

20. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Okay, whatthe********ever...he doesn't have any interest in coming to Liverpool. We are a bottom tier club and he would much rather play in a dominant league like they have over in Germany.

Sorry, this has been a crummy day.

21. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'm not stupid face. you are stupid face. :)
    I'm proud of my club Liverpool so I anounce it under my name. You're not proud enough of one of your teams to do that.
    Too bad that Aguero won't beg to play for barca I hear Real want him.

22. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOFL Its almost a free verse poem -- sort of ee cummings meet the dada movement.

23. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Fox showed some of Aguero's moves last night, I was immpressed. I wouldn't dump half my team to buy him but he does look good.

24. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He looks very good but, as you said, the fee they're all talking about is on the high side. Too much of a gamble, in my veiw. I still think that "Liverpool" was thrown in to hasten a deal, raise the fee even further or ignite interest by other suitors (Chelsea, anyone?).

25. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    How can you say i am not proud of my team????

first of all i don't know how reliable this newspaper TZ is and second of all last time i heard this kid said was he prefer to play in LA LIGA. And my team is leading La Liga, the league this kid dreams of playing in.