Seongnam's Mota wishes to become a Korean...

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Elliad, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Mota would be a fantastic addition to the national team. I mean given that he obtains citizenship, his position as AMF as a KNT starter is unquestionable.

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    What? We're whoring because this guy wants to become Korean?

3. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No we'd be whoring because we'd be relying on Mercs.

Maybe your definition of Korean differs from mine, but mine has always meant said individual having one or two Korean parents.

If Mota had been skilled enough to play for the Brasil NT we would not be having this conversation, hes a Merc through and through a la' Marcos Senna.

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001

You need to re-evaluate your criteria. Nationality has nothing to do with genetics. To discriminate based on genetic traits is simply racism.

5. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Whether Mota is good enough to play for Brazil or not is clearly irrelevant. What is relevant, however, is that he has the freedom of choice as another other naturally born or naturalized citizen of the ROK.

6. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have to agree. Not to put you on the spot Mudang, but its simply exclusive and unfair to put restrictions like that. Since I was also brought up in that kind of environment, I also tend to think "we are one and only." Everytime I do, I think about what the J.aps are doing to Koreans in Japan.
    Sure, Mota may turn out to be some opportunistic bastard. But for the fairness of the system itself, we have to take those risks. Just like the American legal system --> innocent until proven guilty. I'd rather let those who are sincere be given equal opportunity.

7. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Uh no, Japanese are discriminating against Koreans because they're assholes. Korea doesn't owe Mota anything, we don't have to bend over to get this Merc to play for us. Different situation to Zainichis, who were born in Japan and deserve the rights of Japanese citizens.

If Mota was born in Korea I wouldn't have a problem with it. He's not though.

8. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought your criterion was that they have to have one or two korean parents. Just by this definition, it does parallel the situation in Japan.
    Even for those not born in Korea, think about the disadvantages of a non-Korean citizen who wants to live in Korea. My parents just became American citizens and if the US had denied them citizenship just on the grounds that they were not born here (with all the political disadvantages applied, most importantly that they are paying A LOT of taxes but still don't get to choose how those tax payers money is used), I would've been pissed.
    And again, I would rather let a sincere foreigner (whether he plays football or not) become a citizen. Basically, if one of your important arguments against naturalization is that you don't want mercs in the KNT, you are not letting thousands who have nothing to do with football become citizens just to keep one or two out of the KNT.

9. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So you know him personally?

10. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Just wondering - where were you born?

11. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Why are we assuming opportunistic behavior from naturalized athletes? To be truly a "merc" or an "opportunist", Mota would have to have the ability to denounce Korean citizenship to play for another nation. Clearly, this isn't going to happen. But let us assume that Mota wants to naturalize for the sole intent to play in the World Cup. How will we ever detect such intent and even we did detect it, how will we prevent it? Based on Mudang's sentiment?

12. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would personally have Dženan Radončić rather than Mota but who the feck am I to choose who to play for National Team or not!

13. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Dude, honestly, Radoncic is about the same level as JJJ.

14. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lolololololololololololololol

15. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This is exactly what I've said a few pages ago, but of course, I never got an answer.

16. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :rolleyes: You seem to compare most players with triple J

17. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Actually, I think this is the first instance that I drew the JJJ card for comparison. The player is obviously shite and I'd rather refrain from mentioning him as it reminds me of his pathetic existence. But if I'm disproven about making many references to JJJ, I will be shocked as that would mean that he's subconsciouly stuck in my mind. That would be frightening.

18. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ah shit my mistake! I have mistaken you with Sky! he was using the comparison of JJJ with Suk. This is my second full day in this site so i don't all your names that well... :eek: sorry

Anyway, I said in my personal view that Redoncic would be better option than Mota. But i can't emphasise enough that it is MY personal view.
    I cannot understand though, how you can get Redoncic comparison with JJJ just because they are tall, "shite" and a striker. You can always prove me wrong at the moment i cannot understand this comparison.

19. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    There's nothing for you to understand. JJJ is shite and so is Randocic. Mota is god status in the K-League. Now close your eyes and take a deep breath.

20. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Clearly, you need Reading Comprehension 101. I never compared JJJ to Seok. What I said is that Seok's goals in the reserves league is as significant as the headers won by JJJ at the WC06.

Then again, I'll let you assume that it was an actual comparison. How is that comparing most players to JJJ?

We're not trying to refute your "personal view," lol. We just find it amusing that there's someone who actually thinks Radoncic is good enough for the national team.

21. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ok fair enough i need 'Reading Comprehension 101" as you say because i misread you about the Suk comparison with JJJ.
    And you have misread what I said because I was saying to AmoebaCulture that he was making the JJJ compariosn all the time when he wasn't and i made a mistake AND i realise that i have made that mistake. Therefore no one is making JJJ comparison with most players.

"We just find it amusing that there's someone who actually thinks Radoncic is good enough for the national team."
    I never said anyone was trying to 'refute' with my personal view. I just said with all have different views.
    By the way have a think about that bit of the post.

22. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    피곤하지?

[​IMG]

23. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :rolleyes: wow.....and no i just woke up if you really wanted to know....

24. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Busan . . .

Not that that even matters, we've gone through the Gyopo Abroad argument in that other thread that got closed down because of Narc83.

25. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

I'm not against him becoming a citizen
    , I'm agaisnt him representing us on the international stage.