Seongnam's Mota wishes to become a Korean...

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Elliad, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Yeah, great point. That is reality, either way. But just as there are millions of Koreans living abroad, there are quite a few foreigners living in Korea, as permanent residents. Racial integration is only a matter of time. Is Mota for KNT too early? I'd say so but I'd also like to think that we, as a society, can be more accepting. There are many, many, many, foreigners that I have met personally, that probably could ID themselves as Korean than many, many, many of the gyopos (US and Japanese) that I have met.

And that hojuk argument was weak-sauce. Anyone can start their own lineage. If Mota really changes his name to Mo Ta-shin, he will be the first of the Seongnam Mo clan. Besides, I'd say that at least 60% of the hojuk's in Korea today are probably immitations or fabrications rooting to the late Josun era. The fact that everyone has a surname is proof.

2. TechFootball85

TechFootball85 New Member

May 1, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I haven't seen any further news and information on Motta's naturalization issue.

Prolly 낚였다 -_-;;;;;

3. Naru_Naru

Naru_Naru New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    I guess it was a promotion operation for the new paper 442. Good job i'd say. But the issue will probably come back in a year or so.

4. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thats true. Every time I'm Seoul I'm amaze how more foreigns speak Korean. LOL its like talkig dog.

I guess nobody queston your want be Korean if you got Korean blood. We don't got history immigrants so Korea ID always meant Korea blood. Its differ now so I agree we gotta change our concept what its mean to be Korea. Theirs no choice, theirs Korea move out and foreign move in.

I don't got problem call foreign live Korea and take citzenship Korean, becuse I dont think most foreign got any motive to say their Korea except their want to become Korea.

But foreign athletes, maybe their want to be Korea, maybe they just want to play in WC.

yea lotta non-yangban snuk in late Choson, but that still mean those guys had ancestor live in Korea 100 year ago. And who but Korea would sneak in? So I think if your in hojok its damn good proof your ancestor is Korea.

5. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    I'll probably piss a lot of people off for saying this but...

fact that Mota plays for K-league gives him more of a right to wear the red shirt than those guys that play abroad. The fact remains Mota is developing Korean soccer. If Mota goes to World Cup and KNT kicks ass, that will pay dividends for K-league, so I say give the man a red shirt.

World's greatest civilizations are almost always multi-ethnic due it's sheer size. We can't think so provincially about "Korean blood" but it's time to think more in terms of "Korean spirit".

Also we have to learn from the Italians who currently has the best team in the world why their NT is so good. They always support their domestic league.

6. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Only thing we gotta learn from those Italys is how to cheat, flop, dive, cry like bich to ref and act like pu$$y and thats it.

7. TechFootball85

TechFootball85 New Member

May 1, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There are always positives and negatives

8. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Amen.

9. daeh0

daeh0 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    there's no way to draw a line anywhere. could it be that motta is trying not to be on the korean national team because he can't quite make the brazilian one? who knows. i dont' know about you but most the gyopos i know love korea more than america. that, to me, is more korean than any foreigner could try to be, especially because they already are by blood.

10. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
  11. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
  13. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Resident racial expert Narc83 should be coming along soon.

14. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    To tell everyone how racist we all are. LOL.
    Meanwhile, I forgot how Chivas only allows Mexican players or is it Mexican born?

Might be naturalized, ahh what the hell...

15. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anyways, I'm sure there's no chance now for Mota to be selected for the 2010 WC, isn't the final squad list due in a couple of weeks or so?

Still against for 2014 WC though.

:)

16. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    I'm not against only so long as he doesn't receive special treatment but we've gone through this before...Don't want to attract flies.

17. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Would love to see him play for the NT.

But he's right. He needs to prove himself for the NT. And that's AFTER he becomes a Korean citizen.

Even if he can't make it to the NT(if he does, the earliest for that would probably be Asian Cup 2011), he'd still open up one more foreigner slot for Pohang.

18. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    he will be 33 or 34 not young at all, retirement age but who knows he might still be game

19. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    mota seemed korean after the gangwon match he bowed to older players and slapped the younger ones on the head lol and when he got the motm trophy he received it with two hands but spoke portuguese in the interview

20. thewoo

thewoo Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nothing wrong with him becoming Korean if he wants to, but I don't think he'd be good enough for the national team. Maybe if he was 4 years younger...PCY and Mota up forward....

21. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    There's no issue if Mota isn't doing to play for KNT. Whether he wants to be Korean or not is his own personal prerogative.

22. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I was thinking the same, LOL.
    Some guys really need to get a life, seriously.

23. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I really wished that he was avaliable to play for South Korea because i think it would have been very interesting to have a foreign player in our squad. Had he been a South Korean player and had he played in the world cup, would he have been first ever South Korean National Team player who wasn't born in Korea?

24. footballz

footballz New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Cha Duri was born in Germany and played for the national team.
    Mota if he did become naturalised would be the first naturalised korean in the KNT.

25. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'd rather we don't whore ourselves out.