Send-Off Game vs Canada, June 30 on NBC

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by El Duderino, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    90+1' (of 4') 2-1 USA plays four-corners, perfect ping passing eats clock. Long diagonal pass pinpoints #11 Leroux's feet at 12m inside box left. She survives 1 challenge-sprawl, regathers, shoots right foot toward the upper right, and McLeod palms it over.

90+2' (of 4') 2-1 USA right corner, headed clear. Canada hoof it deep, USA gather.

90+3' (of 4') 2-1 USA back to box top left, feed #11 Leroux. She gets into box top arc, holds too long and loses it in a swarm. USA win it back just past midfield ...

2. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It was Wambach from what I saw but a Candaian was between A-Rod and the goal what looked to me

3. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    This is also what I saw.

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Exactly. There need to be two defenders to stay on.

5. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    90+4' (of 4') 2-1 USA are killing this endgame with soporific passing. Canada is gassed, too, and can't press. USA right throw-in, #14(c) Wambach does a perfect shield-and spin to get free. Lifts a high cross toward the left corner, bounces too fast and way over. Funny: it's #9 O'Reilly chasing it into the left corner.

FT. Rapinoe excelled today. She nails one cross, and now she thinks she can do it :D

6. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw two. ARod's slightly behind Chapman too (who was standing left of the sprawled out McLeod) and the other CAN defender in front.

7. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt that Rapinoe was the player of the match.

8. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the Rodriguez goal, I liked the midfield play of Cheney, then a nice one-touch at perfect weight from Lloyd to release Rapinoe on the wing. Great cross, then it's up to Abby & Amy to clean up the mess.

9. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

I think AROD was in front of Chapman, but that's why I want to see the replay again.

10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    And from what I saw the goalkeeper was the other one. Maybe I have to see the replay.

11. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    I backed up my DVR, GK was in front of CAN defender BUT level with A-Rod when ball started coming A-Rod's way.

12. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I am glad Pia decided to put Cheney instead of Lloyd in the starting line-up.

I think she's been reading my posts here. :)

13. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

The keper was in back of the entire play. She doesn't figure in.

14. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    i have really horrible IPad freeze frames if you want me to try and post them.

15. Ads13

Ads13 Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Could you post something about starting Sauerbrunn too, then?

16. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And playing people like Whitney Engen...

17. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given that she's sprawled out and that ARod's near her head / arms, does that mean her legs would also count as a defender?

18. Ads13

Ads13 Member

Aug 10, 2008
    And not LP. Was it just my admitted bias, or did the Canadian players seem to gun for LP in the first half? Do teams realize she's a weak spot?

19. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Ok, I'm not arguing, it's just I didn't see it quite that way, and the description other folks saw didn't support on sides either. I hope you are right. If you aren't, I'm sure someone will post replays.

20. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, most definitely. Defensively she isn't that bad . Offensively she is horrific. The first half was terrific for the US from a passing standpoint and everyone looked great, except LePeilbet. She messed up nearly every time she tried to make a pass.

21. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Anyway, an ok effort, but there should have been more scoring considering the chances.

And the only really important thing from today is how Alex is for the Olympics.

22. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    OK, on first one you can't see the ball but A-Rod is onside with possibly even a third CAN defender in the mix. Then the next one I'll post you can see the ball coming to A-Rod and the GK is still sprawled out behind and even to her with one other CAN defender behind them all. photo1.JPG

23. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    photo2.JPG

Apologize fo the poor quality.

Namdynamo, CoachJon and jackiesdad repped this.
  24. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    And I do hope GREATLY that Alex will be OK. My daughter once suffered a hyperextended knee. Took a little while for her to get back fully to speed but we were happy it was nothing more serious.

25. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Excellent job. This is what I thought I saw, with the keeper and a defender even with Arod and another defender behind her. Clearly onside.