Pre-match: Semi-final: Portugal vs Spain - June 27 [R]

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by JaredSS07, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well THAT I can understand :D But it can't and won't happen!

2. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    I'm actually very worried that tonight Portugal may end Spain's run.

Worried because if Germany can beat Italy on Thursday it would feel like they deserved a chance to go up against Spain. Of course if it should come down to a Portugal vs. Germany final, that would still easily amount to Germany's toughest test of the tournament.

3. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Tough match for Portugal. Hope to see a lot of hunger from Ronaldo and Nani, we need them to be on their best to win this.

Andrew Darrel repped this.
  4. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ahhh really didn't know that. Ok then it is exciting.

5. ThePhantom

ThePhantom New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    If Portugal plays at their best, Spain has no chance. :) Incredible how the champions of the world can be such a boring team.. wonderful way of defending their title o_O
    Anyway, if Portugal doesn't win tonight, everyone in our country is proud of you, well done boys!

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It's also the way they won their titles. Boring doesn't mean ineffective. Not that I agree that Spain are boring.

7. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a reason one of the biggest rules when gambling on sports is too never bet on friendlies. Hell, we even lost to England with our "best 11"....

8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Good luck to both teams. Here is hoping for an exciting game.

jerrito repped this.
  9. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    Spain might be smart to look at starting Navas to keep the left side of Portugal more honest. I'd love to see he and Llorente get a chance at some point together. I think it could make Spain more dynamic....add a plan B. Of course they wont. Del Bosque will go with the 460 possession machine and hope to grind out a result as he has in all the tougher matches. Probably bring in Torres to fluff a chance or two and make good runs behind the centerbacks.

Portugal has to play a perfect match and they must be more clinical with the finish. They may only get one good chance, but that is all they may need.

I'm glad I'm a neutral for this one.

10. Riley Sutherland

Riley Sutherland New Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I love that it's Portugal v Spain...gotta cheer for the country doing the worst economically, tho, right? So, go Spain? Help wheres you can?!

Posted something from this fella a bit back. Can't figure if he's taking the pi** or not. Funny if he is: http://thebarnstormer.com/the-end-of-football/

11. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States