PBP: Semi-final: Germany vs Italy - June 28 [R]

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by JaredSS07, Jun 27, 2012.

1. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just wanted to say good game to the German NT fans on this thread. It was a good match, as is always the case when our two countries face one another. You have an amazing squad filled with incredible young talent. I think most would agree that Germany is probably best positioned for success in the future. Good luck to you

Cris 09 and Obsidian repped this.
  2. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One question: what is your problem with Boateng? Absolutely not a bad game from him last night or any game in the EURO. I can´t see where Bender would´ve been any better. Maybe he was involved in the first goal, but Hummels was the one that attacked Cassano and let him dribble around him, not Boateng. Also, I´d though Boateng hit some seriously good flanks up to the box and made no real mistakes. Then again, that´s just my opionion and everyone seems to see it differently.

3. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What an amazing performance by Italy, I couldn't believe how well they played. The Germans were great too, fighting till the end as always. This was one of the most exciting matches of EURO 2012.

4. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    5-6 to zero? I must have missed something last night. "Lady Lucks" was def. a little with you in the first minutes, can´t see where Italy would´ve scored 4 goals after the 2-0.

5. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I recall Marchisio and Di Natale both having clear breakaways one-on-one with the keeper.

6. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True, but that would have been 4 goals total in worst case and surely not 5 or 6. Sounds like many think Italy could have destroyed Germany last night.

7. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ganzetto is right. look at the cold numbers. the reason italy won is because of their smarter play and the early lead, which really fell in their favor. that's how games at this level are decided. it's pretty simple though.

8. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where are the good posts who the ******** is cleaning up here?

9. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And by the way don't ever EVER call Gomez a good player again. That son of a bitch is lucky against Portugal and is good for ONCE in his life against Netherlands and everyone likes him. People even said we want someone like Gomez.
    Only crazy blind people can say sth. like that. He was and will never be good. He doesn't move he has no quality.
    When a ball reaches his dick or head he MIGHT score. That's about it.
    He doesn't fit in the attacking german team.

And in the upcoming Bundesliga he will score and score and score....and he will be there in 2014 and 2016 and I want him gone NOW!
    Klose will be gone soon. We need new good strikers and not Kießling and that shit. Reus as a striker maybe. We have to do a lot for the World Cup. But even a lot won't be enough ^^

10. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wondering where that poster is who was bitching and moaning about Klose in the Greece game. If he had started last night, maybe Germany wouldn't have been pinging cross after useless cross into the area. Gomez did practically nothing for the team. Great poacher, not good for much else.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Chelsea, who were incredibly lucky as well.

12. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    I'm not Italian but nice try.

13. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well...wasn't expecting that.

I'm Italian and I actually sympathize with the Germans. What an utter ********ing letdown. At 2-nil I was thinking "this game is over, lets leave before we hit the traffic." If you're a German fan you have to be livid with that performance. I'm so glad I didn't put money on that game because I would have picked Germany.

Ironically the pay-out on Germany winning wasn't that appealing.

14. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They had luck. But if the other team don't score they don't win!

15. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You can´t blame Gomez that much IMO. You said it yourself - he doesn´t fit in that current system of Germany. But he is indeed a World-Class Striker (only in the box though). Im curious what Löw has in mind after the EC with our Striker-Situation. Im hoping for Reus as false-9, or maybe an german talent shining high (Petersen, Yesil...).

16. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I certainly did not think that much. But, 4 goals scored was not out of the question. To that, I would also point out that some of these breakaways came when Germany were throwing everyone forward in hopes for a goal. Also, I would say Buffon came up big for us in the opening of the first half. 2-1 on the night was fair, I would say.

17. ganzetto

ganzetto New Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Last night I watched calmly, and cold, the game. Germany played, also good. I wonder if in the first 10 minutes they had scored, as it was going to end. I still think that the fault is all of their coach. 1) not insert at the start Klose; 2) not allow Ozily to move further forward, for me it was a horror tactics.

18. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Do not worry my friend, we spaniards are used to defying history and creating our own. We will avenge your loss with our 3pete championship win.

For most of my adult life i've known italy as the video above, but since spain has been dominating, they have become a villain. I do not care anything about what anyone says about spain, just about sundays result..which is spain being victorious. These chaps talk a big game, but have no bets.

19. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well thank you but all in all I wanted to see Germany win against Spain ^^
    Now it has to be Italy who is victorious. 3 titles are too much!

20. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If you think about it, we spaniards have suffered eternally, having great teams equal to other countries, but without having the confidence to win much like germany of the past 3 tournaments. Why would you root against us? we are the ultimate underdog story, if you asked any spaniard 4 years ago, and tell them what's happened until this sunday 2012, they would rather believe in pokemon and spaghetti monsters.

We have come from nothing to something in the past 4 years, while france knocked italy out before they ever won a world cup, and had admirable victories before they became world champions, spain didn't. We are the ultimate underdog, to say tournies have become boring and spain wins everything just shows your age, we are still the underdogs if you have history in mind.

Dhajj repped this.
  21. ganzetto

ganzetto New Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    is always the same story! Italians are pizza, spaghetti, simulators, while you Spaniards, French, German or English, you are holy and honest. I'm old enough to remember that You Spaniards are remembered as the real masters in the art of simulation. is still in mind, the penalty given to Barca: Pique clings to Nesta, who ruins of Puyol. great cunning

22. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    italy vs spain 94. what do you remember of that game?

23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's surely been a factor, but not the only one! The main factor was the defence. Italy's "back 4" didn't play perfectly (but still very solid), whereas Germany's "back 4" were simply awful this time. And Löw's tactical incompetence in semi-finals & finals is another factor (besides the fact that he fielded an unfit Schweinsteiger & out-of shape Podolski).

14 : 0 corner-kicks + more ball possession + more shots for Germany ... nevertheless, it's been a deserved win for Italy. Tanti auguri! It was more than obvious that the German players were shitting their pants once they conceded the 0:1 against their boogey team (despite dominating the first 15 mins and having more scoring opportunities). If you go down with 2 goals against a clever team like Italy, it's almost certain that you won't come back.

I knew why I didn't consider Germany favs ahead of the game. Löw's guys simply don't know how to cope with Spain's and Italy's style.

24. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Before making a fool of yourself, just get to watch the game again when you're finally sober. :p It's not like Germany didn't create any chances.

Una bella giornata.

Obsidian and jerrito repped this.
  25. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You sound emotionally unstable, please get help.