PBP: Semi-final: Germany vs Italy - June 28 [R]

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by JaredSS07, Jun 27, 2012.

1. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    No Germany lost because:
    • We did not put away our early chances.
    • Loew started Poldi, Kross and Boateng instead of Reus, Mueller and Bender.
    • We did not have the maturity to put the first goal behind us and keep playing our game.
    • Stupid defensive errors killed us and we had no game plan to come back from that.
    Let's not take away from what Italy did. The beat us and we looked clueless.

Don't sink to the level of some (certainly not all) of the Italian and Spanish fans posting. Admit when you lose and congratulate the winner. That's sportsmanship. FFS it is just a game.

2. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who is kidding and why? Are we talking about the ********ing England game here or what?

3. ThePhantom

ThePhantom New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    What a shame the two best teams of this tournament lost in the semi finals :(

4. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We know our football, and don't buy into media hype. People think portugal gave us a tough match, no they didn't. They parked the bus like in 2010, but we didn't score. Italy actually challenged us, and attacked.

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Yes, a true shame. We'll have a moment of silence for them in the final. :rolleyes:

DaveyGorgeous and jerrito repped this.
  6. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop discussing the Italy - England match in this thread. England has nothing to do with this match.

7. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Best of luck to Germany in the future. I typically root for them when Italy goes out. Your team and fans showed a lot of class, but I expected that. Tough loss. I know how you feel.

8. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I don't understand why Mueller didn't play more, especially in these knockout rounds. I always thought he was one of Germany's best players. Was he in poor form going into this tournament?

9. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Like Schweinsteiger he certainly was. They got ********ed hard starting in January 2012. Players have to be in top form during the tournament. Not years earlier :rolleyes:

10. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was talking about the second half and chances like di natale 1 vs 1 against neuer. di natale usually misses very few of them.
    but of course that's my biased POV, imho that was a crucial moment (approx. half of the second half) that could have saved me a bit of sweating later. and it would have changed an excellent game to a perfect game. you need an excellent game to beat germany and a perfect one to do it without suffering. and of course germany not playing their best match.

11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Here, yes.

Boateng was shiite. He was out of position and the reason for the first goal...though Bayern fans will want to blame Hummels, it was Boateng out of position that allowed the Italians to come inside and score. He blew, pure and simple.

Bender marks, plays position and can flank. None of that was done by Boateng consistently today.

He was the wrong choice. My *guess* -- given that Kroos was playing in the middle most of the first half -- is that Loew was using him as a holding MF and allowing Oezil to play on the right and swing inside when he wanted. I appeared Loew got cute and it backfired on him.

12. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah well in the second half you are right. And from an Italian view these are the crucial moments in the last 30-40 minutes.
    But from another perspective everything could've been different in the first place. And in the end when you play with only 3 defenders like Holland did against Portugal in the group stage you are mostly ********ed brutally when the opponent starts to counter attack. Luck is important then.
    But holy shit Germany and also Italy were not very efficient. Italy for example against England. No goal but 1000 chances. That's what I call ********ing unefficient.
    But instead of practising and trying different player combinations they relax and watch a movie (Germany watched "The Amazing Spiderman" :D) or they enjoy the view from a boat or go cycling....But whatever. Maybe that's what they need ^^

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    No...which is what many German fans were wondering too.

Loew has a hard on for Poldi which many fans hope is over. Poldi was shiite.

Other than that Mueller, while not at his best this tourney, was a better option than Mueller or Poldi any day.

14. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bender might have made it differently or not. You don't know and you can't compare his actions during the ********ing ********ing Bundesliga with the national team.
    In the next few months everything can be tested. Bender and more Götze and Reus combinations and all that shit that never works when it has to work. Training is the key word here. They have to ********ing practise a lot during the next months and years.

15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    First, performance in the BL (or whetever club you play for) is the BASIS for making the national team. So, yeah, we can compare that. Rarely are guys played so totally out of position for the NT that it negates their league play.

Second, and perhaps more important, Bender has played RB before and been damn good at it.

Third, he freakn owned his side when he played in this tournament. So he can play the game. Remember Mueller in 2010? How many people were saying to bench him until he played more and showed what he can do?

Lastly, for anyone who knows coaching, Boateng was simply a walking liability today. Why do you think Loew pulled him? Certainly not out of desperation. He sucked and was not doing what he was supposed to.

I suspect you are going to see more of the Benders, Reus, Mueller and others and very much less of Poldi, Meatsacker and Boateng.

16. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    You don't like Reus' boy-band look?

17. ThreeStars

ThreeStars Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Berlin, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reus was interviewed about his haircut by a japanese journalist who thought it was better than Gomez´haircut. Reus said he always tried to do the best he can, but Mario is also very much engaged.

To win, you need people like Puyol with his Leni Rieffenstahl-/Bon Scott-memorial haircut, or Pirlo with his "I don´t give a sh*t"-look. Lutscher aka Frings was that kind of guy in the german team. Unfortunately he got messed up in a fist fight with Argentinians when it counted.

Di Natale has the best haircut in the tournament

18. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So did Barcelona and Bayern against Chelsea.

19. KaNgArOoS

KaNgArOoS Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Goodison Park
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You got to be kidding me... Portugal was the only team attacking and Spain was wasting time!!! I swear, Spanish fans think passing 1,000,000 times equals attacking. Every time Portugal got the ball they pressed forward, Spain sat back playing monkey in the middle. Spain parked the bus for the past 3 matches and yet accuse other teams for parking the bus. Give me a break. What's next, 7-3-0 formation is a super attack? You are only deluding yourself. When a coach puts a 4-6-0 formation this screams anti-football and coming to park the bus. :ROFLMAO:

There is a reason people wanted Portugal to go through, they were the better side and came to play football.

Anyway, this was a proper football match. Enjoyed every minute of it and if only this was the final instead of the snooze fest Sunday. Sad to see Germany's run end but glad to see Italy playing great football. Well done to both teams.

20. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    was this so called bus parked vs italy? NO, they were not afraid or intimated, neither did they clog the midfield and kill the game. It's not spains fault teams fear for us, i'm just glad the final is against a team that respects us, not fears us. We'll actually see some football played sunday.

gumbacicc repped this.
  21. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    Nonsense, you could have been knocked out in that game. They were effective in containing your threats but were not clinical in front of goal. I didn't think Spain would struggle this much against Portugal, but they did.

22. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    Italy was the better team today no doubt.

23. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    and you could of been knocked out vs england.

24. ganzetto

ganzetto New Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We did it! At the end! I feared the failure of our physical condition, and it did not happened. Instead, what I hoped strongly, was a "sin of presumption" of Lowe. Sure enough it happened. The presumption is that he did play Gomez from the beginning, very evanescent! The presumption of deemed strong enough to think that the only field to face Italy, playing all as a tsunami. But doing so, you are not exploited Ozil, Germany's only player to have the genius that could undermine the Italian defense. At times I thought I saw Dortmund 2006, but Lowe was that night! Why Lowe? Why Gomez and not Klose from the beginning? better for us Italian. What great play schema! cross for Gomez to free a player in area. This is England not Germany! Better for us! I like Hummels and Keidira.... but others? It's true, Lady Luck has protected us a bit, but if we count the occasions clear that Italy had, the score could be much heavier. This is good though, because I do not humiliate Germany would have liked. Strongly emphasize the sportiness of the Germans. In this we have much to learn