Seleccion Colombia sub 20

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
  2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can someone please translate shortly of what he said, for those who aren't well Spanish speakers?? :eek:

3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm less worry about the group stage. I believe that we will finish first, probably with 7 or 9 points BUT, as we all know, the Colombian disease starts when we are playing the knckout stage, we had a wonderful example on July 16th.

4. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
  5. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
  6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Manga said "he asked for two days off because it was Cabezas idea" and then some of the players went against him and said that he was trying to turn the team against Lara. They wanted 2 days off after 14 days of training to go see their family. Cabezzas said if they didn't get the time off the whole team would walk. He blames Michael Ortega for saying that Cardona and Manga are the masterminds of the mutiny. Lara said if the players took the two days off then he would quit the team. He also says the team is very divided. He says Michael Ortega is a douche and people don't like him and the team is divided.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Estaba en vacaciones, noi estaba concentrado ni con la seleccion.....El vera que hace en su tiempo libre.

Y ps la verdad, por que creer en manga y no en ortega? los dos quierenn salvar su pellejo y quieren quedar como los correctos. No estoy del lado de ninguno, pero la verdad no me convence ni me conmueve el discurso de victima de manga, "no quiero meter fisuras en el equipo" "pero nadie la habla a michael" al fin que?......Franco ya llevaba siendo capitan desde toulon y todavia tratando a cabezas del capitan...raro....

8. paisaboii

paisaboii Member

Nov 12, 2004
    nyc
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    los 2 por mi parte hubieran comido callado ps en si como dijo pepin uno en si no sabe en quien creer. alo menos que hable lara cosa que no debe hacer tampoco. si no los convocaron que se puede hacer nada, lo que paso paso y ya.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Posible Titular:

---------------------Bonila-------------------------
    ---Arias-------Franco------Murillo---------Quiñonez---

-----------Cabezas---------------Moreno----------

-----Valencia--------James---------Ortega-------

---------------Muriel-----------------

Me parece que seria mejor ortgea por el medio y james por la izquierda......Sacaria a castillo o zapata por valencia.

10. SoccFan35

SoccFan35 Member

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
  11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Como lo vas a culpar a Ortega si a el no lo convocaron. El que tuvo que ver?

Coincido. Aca el que sale luciendo mal sigue siendo Manga (lastimosamente porque me encanta como jugador y lo quiero ver en la seleccion) - este comentario se debe reservar a lo privado o por lo menos hasta despues de la Copa. Muy mal lo de Escobar.

12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It doesn't matter. It looks like sour grapes and a sore loser:

A) If these quotes are to be believed HE DID conspire to form a mutiny against the coach of the NT on the eve of a major tournament that Colombia is hosting! It doesn't matter if Cabezas was also involved or not - Manga is saying he would have quit the team anyway if he didn't get two days off. It doesn't freaking matter if someone "told on him" before he got a chance to threaten a mutiny: he was planning one with Cabezas either way, Manga's only complaint seems to be that he got caught.

B) He doesn't even know for a fact that Ortega was the one that outed him. He is saying here that 'he was told' Ortega was involved - he could be creating an entire scandal in this team on the verge of a huge competition and be coming after the wrong guy.

C) If he gave a damn at all about the team he'd of kept his mouth shut until after the tournament. Why would he want to further damage the NT set up now - those guys are his friends on that team, right? Why put them in that situation?

He makes himself look like a fool in these quotes. So disappointed.

13. SoccFan35

SoccFan35 Member

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
    I'm assuming barring he has an amazing club career in the future that he's ruined any future chances with the national team. I agree, you don't put your team in this situation before a tournament and create distractions for the team.

14. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    True, but I think the chick interviewing really pried the dirt out of him.

I found his main point to be that the bid for a vacation was much bigger than he and Cardona and that Cabezas, mastermind or not, wasn't punished at all. Then the interviewer kept bringing up Ortega, who he himself did not specify at first, and his relationship with him and his emotions simply started to get the better of him--bad journalism if you ask me.

As for Ortega, his words were a little harsh but I give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, Cabezas and Lara singled out Ortega for causing disunity during the Sudamericano and it was Ortega that was banished from the squad until recently. Something's missing. Who knows...

To me, the only person who really irks me after this interview is Cabezas. He comes off looking like a rat or a suck-up in both instances. How he continues to start despite playing like utter schite is already shady enough. But that may just be Lara being Lara, who, unsurprisingly, proves to be even less capable of a DT than everybody already knows.

What's done is done. I just hope the aforementioned division between the players doesn't affect them on the field.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree 100 with the journalism....

16. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Porq a Ortega ya lo había sacado lara por problemas y porque Manda tiene como demostrar que esta diciendo la verdad. Por sus declaraciónes todo comenzó por una propuesta de Cabezas.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pero ya estan a mano...ahora al que sacaron por problemas fue a manga..Van igual de antecedentes en ese caso..........Ahora ps lo de creer por feeling que jugador puede decir la verdad, ya es de lo subjetivo de cada quien....Segurmanete ortega, esta implicado pero tampoco creo que manga sea tal la victima inocente que trata de mostrase..

18. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    como asi??? si ortega fue el que salio a hablar porquerias a la radio de primero y luego se puso hizo la victima como en el caso de su companero, lo tiro al agua y se hizo la victima... disque... que sean hombres! que sea hombre el! viendo que manga hasta saco la cara por el cuando lo de "yo ya me vendi"

19. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree with Hadexxx here. But we are fotgetting one thing: This is not a good reason to suspened these players, surely not before a huge project like we have and one that the country spent so much money for. Even if it's true and I'm very doubtful regarding Ortega's comments, Lara should've handle this after the tournament OR punish all three of them in the first game, that's it! This stupid ass can ruin everything for us in a major tournament that we host.

20. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ortega no es un santo (y tampoco debio hablar a la prensa) pero no veo porque lo culpas por salir a tomar con su familia cuando esta de vacaciones (por eso no fue que subiste ese vinculo?)

Ahora, EMOH, lo de Manga es grave. Tratar de organizar que el equipo renuncie antes de un Mundial donde somos anfitrones?

Ahora tampoco se entiende que hace Cabezas en la sele en todo esto.

Pibe - Manga is publicly admitting that he, Cardona and Cabezas conspired to organize a mutiny where the entire team would QUIT on the eve of a World Cup that Colombia is hosting. IMOH, that is grounds for suspension and missing the tournament.

By his own logic, Manga wouldn't of played the tournament even if Lara hadn't kicked him out: Lara didn't given them the days off, so according to Manga's threat he would have quit the team under those circumstances.

You can't blackmail your coach, its completely unacceptable, unprofessional and immature. I hadn't wanted to believe any of this as paper talk, but seeing Manga admit that he did this, and then act like HE is the victim, is disappointing and infuriating. I don't want to see Cabezas on the field either - all of this speaks terribly about the professionalism and patriotism that these kids have for the NT.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No se hizo la victima el no tenia necesidad esta en el EQUIPO, dijo que los manes no estaban diciendo las cosas como fueron ...Igual son palbras de manga.....por que manga es el que dice la verdad y ortega no? los dos estan igual de jodidos...

22. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City

Primero el de la idea de las vacaciones fue Cabezas el primer responsable es Cabezas el organizador de la orquesta es Cabezas, y muchos lo apoyaron la diferencia es que el único que salio perjudicado es Manga, ¿por qué? no sé. Según el porque Ortega le fue a decir quien sabe que a Lara.

El segundo problema radica en porque (si es verdad que Ortega fue a hablarle...) Lara le presto tanta atención y lo saco por un rumor que no empezó con Manga sino con cabezas ¿Sera por qué Manga posiblemente ya este vendido a un equipo Europeo?

Tercero Manga pueda que no sea un santo, pero jamás tuvo problemas de disciplina o displicencia dentro del equipo cosa muy diferente a Ortega o a ustedes se les olvido la actitud del tipo en el sudamericano

23. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    A mi se me hace extraño que siendo Cabezas el organizador de todo esto, el único responsable sea Manga. Aunque no sea tan raro siendo que Lara puso a Cabezas de capitán cuando el tipo no tiene actitud para eso. ¿rosca?

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Personalmente ortega para mi fue el que mejor jugo en ese sudamericano...si nos remitimos a eso.......Lo que digo, ya cualquier posicion que se tenga respecto a la version de cada jugador viene de lo subjetivo....en este momento Ortega= 1 echada de la seleccion
    Manga= 1 echada de la seleccion.......No se diferecnian mucho

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El capitan desde toulon es FRANCO....y lo extraño es que manga lo seguia tratando de capitan a cabezas