Seleção 2014 - Preparation till the Cup [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who is Brazil's biggest threat in the WC?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2014.
  1. Argentina

11.8%
  2. Germany

50.0%
  3. Spain

8.8%
  4. Italy

5.9%
  5. Netherlands

5.9%
  6. Other (please state)

17.6%
  1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Luisão didn't play in South Africa, and at 33, this would surely be his last chance at World Cup glory. It's a good thing that we yet again have a crop of decent zagueiros.

2. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Will Miranda and Felipe Luis get callup now?They have faced Messi,Neymar,Inneasta,Ronaldo,Benzema and company multiple times this season and came out on top.

3. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Scolari was in Hoffenheim today. :firmino:

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Both spots they are competing for are very competitive.

5. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    #780 arun10, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    There is one CB position still up for grabs and Scolari has not decided on the LB position yet.As for Miranda, he arguably had a better season than the CBs already in the team or the others who are being considered.
    I agree that this is one position which Scolari is least worried about.But as a player what else can he do to get into the team?Meanwhile players like Robinho who was riding the bench most of the season is still in with a chance.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Pretty sure the LB spot is taken by Marcelo and Maxwell. LB is locked up, its Marcelo + a bench warmer, most likely Maxwell.

Wouldn't mind seeing Miranda as the 4th CB, but it seems it might be Marquinhos since he's been called-up a bit more frequently than the other choices. Watch out cuz Spain might be persuaded to make Miranda wait for Spanish citizenship.

7. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Miranda has already played a World Cup qualifier - wouldn't put it past Spain to circle like a vulture for a player they can't have.

8. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Really hope he's called up. We could use his versatility and goalscoring ability. I could definitely see him as a surprise inclusion. We have 2 spots in midfield that are free - Fernandinho/Paulinho and an attacking mid.

9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Vadao rumored to coach the Women's team haha.

10. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I dont know why they wouldnt let a former Womens player like Sissi or Maravilha coach??

11. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    they might be finally taking it seriously.. good news.

12. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Never liked Maxwell, I'd take Filipe Luis over him any day, especially considering the PSG man's current form.

Miranda or Marquinhos? Tough one. I prefer Miranda for his experience.

After Hernanes was dropped, we don't have a backup for Oscar as a #10-esque CAM. Firmino would be a good choice, perhaps even Diego Ribas.

13. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    The next set of friendlies are in June, so pretty much warm-up games for the world cup. I can't see Scolari adding completely new players that he hasn't tested. His 23 is set IMO. I think what he doing traveling Europe looking at players to add players to the reserve 7.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  14. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Need to take a very close look at Felipe Coutinho boys and girls.
    Not for scoring the winning goal today in Liverpool's biggest match of the decade, not for scoring 5 EPL goals, but for his amazing ball handling, undeniable brilliant play making, spectacular marking, incredible work ethic - just all around maturing into a top world wide midfielder. An excellent choice as a sub for Oscar, or perhaps subbing in for Luiz Gustavo to add offensive fire power.
    Today, Coutinho was absolutely magical and brilliant!

celito repped this.
  15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would have taken him to the WC.

16. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I thought the WC squad back in 2010 would have Neymar, Coutinho and Ganso for sure. But honestly Coutinho right now has lost too much space.

On the defensive side, I would still take Dede as one of the Defenders, biggest aerial threat Brazil would have also.

17. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #792 Ombak, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Well... May 13 is the call-up. Now that all we have is club football even my stubborn self is wondering if we'll get a surprise name or two in there.

As Kaka10725 points out, the next friendlies are merely glorified training sessions since the final cut happens June 2 (friendlies are June 3 and 6).

Felipão has 4 weeks to pick a few names to compete for the last spots if he sees that as viable and then 3 weeks to test them at Granja Comary and see if one of the final 7 or 8 names moves ahead of someone for the cut.

I still find a Luisão or Coutinho unlikely, but not impossible.
    While Hernanes didn't go to South Africa, neither did a second left-back or fourth central defender. That was a squad of 19 only, so 3 positions (plus third keeper) were not called. He's not out of the picture by any means.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Unless there are injuries (and probably more than one in a position) nobody who hasn't been called by Felipao will be on the final list.

19. Jiripoca

Jiripoca Member

Jul 16, 2013
    London - Sao Paulo - Peruibe
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I just think these Liverpool / Coutinho lovers are a waste of space. The fact is Coutinho and his crummy team do not play internationally at any level, so how can you rate him as an NT player?
    Absolutely ridiculous, his team currently does not play in the Champions League, not even the Europa league. They play week in week out in a poor league where only 2 or 3 teams can beat them, the rest are cannon fodder who may as well not turn up and send the 3 points by post. It is easy to look good against garbage.
    And on the basis of his team doing well for the first time in 25 years you are drooling over him and clamouring for an NT call up? Are you realy Brasil fans or just Liverpool fans? Maybe you are trying to do Germany or Spain a favour, like enemy agents?

20. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    As Jiripoca pointed out, no champions league and since EPL is a poor league, so Scolari shouldn't even consider players that don't fit that criteria. So, that leaves out JC, Oscar, Paulinho, Luis Gustavo, Ramires, Fernandinho, Hernanes, David Luiz, Ramires, Willian, Fred. Doesn't matter that a lot of those players have done well for us. Scolari should follow that criteria.

21. Jiripoca

Jiripoca Member

Jul 16, 2013
    London - Sao Paulo - Peruibe
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is that supposed to be sarcasm? It doesnt work idiota. Oscar, Paulinho, Gustavo, Ramires, Fernandinho, Hernanes, certainly Luiz Ramires and Willian have all played in Europe this season. And every single one of those you mentioned played for Brasil in the Confed Cup! You kind of make yourself and your stupid Coutinho devotion look even more stupid with your post! See what I mean about enemy agents. Get your tongue out of Coutinho`s buttocks and start thinking about our NT.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Got tickets to R16 BH and QF Fortaleza !!! We better make it !! Now for accommodations .... :D

Only regret was using wrong card for first trial and losing awesome Cat 1 tickets for R16 game. Had to settle for Cat 2.

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  23. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I was dumb and bought Rio 2nd round and thus blocking my eligibility for the BH game. I may not even go to this game and might try to trade for the BH games lol.

But, I have a pretty insane of tickets as it is so I'm not complaining.

This ticket phase alone, besides the Rio 2nd round, was able to get Brasilia 2nd Round, Spain x Netherlands in Salvador....and 2 Cat 1 tickets the semis in BH!!!

I also have the QF in Fortaleza from the last ticket phase -- and if my agreement with another BS user goes through, I should have Brazil x Cameroon too.

celito repped this.
  24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Looks like you're going to be doing some major traveling ! How are you moving around ?

25. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I'm gonna fly into Salvador - take a bus up to Natal. Then fly down to Rio. I'll also do Rio to Brasilia and Rio to BH by bus at least once - both should be about 20 hours but eff it - will save me hundreds of dollars. Will definitely have to fly round trip to Fortaleza though.