Seleção 2013 - General discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Can anyone honestly say there is a goleiro that sticks out above the others? To me it seems there's more than a handful of possible names, but no one that is head and shoulders above the rest.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Cavalieri >>>>> JC

Sometimes I wonder where the sense in it all has gone.. smh

3. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    This paper tiger changes monthly for those on here. Someone starts hyping up a goleiro, then everybody talks about the travesty of why he's not getting called up, and overexxagerating with their >>>>. Then the name changes in another month or so.

I have no idea who the best goalie is at the moment, what I do know is that no one is sticking out that far above the rest.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    So you're telling me Cavalieri didn't have a stellar Championship campaign with Flu??

cmon man. Cavalieri has been the best Brazilian goalie this past year. This guy's inclusion as the starting #1 has been long overdue since his time at Palmeiras. JC is past it. notice QPR's position in the tables.

And if you wanna talk about Goalies who thrive and looked good under teams with a poor defense.. lets point out Diego's game against Argentina in the second leg of Copa Rocca..

5. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    What does QPRs position in the table have to do with anything? Your saying if cavaleiri was the goleiro there they wouldn't suck balls and still be at the bottom of the table?

6. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Diego Cavalieri is unreliable to be in the starting lineup.

We have many goalkeepers OK, but no indisputable for the lead role.

My favorite is Diego Alves.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm saying a team who gets shot at constantly, JC is bound to look good. If you're on a bad team and your a has been good GK.. your ratio of making a big save with all the shots that are coming your way as in the case of QPR.. is always going to look good.

8. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Fair point, I'll give ya that. But the opposite can be said for a goalie on a team with with a terrific defense, a la flu.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  9. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    That is a fair point. If we are leaving the past (JC) behind then Diego Alves has not done a lot wrong so perhaps deserves to keep the shirt.

10. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I goalkeeper in a poor team could be in action lot - and concede 10! He pulled 2 brilliant saves today (yesterday here)

11. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Again fair, but we are here to talk about the candidates and that is what we are doing. I agree there is bit of 'hometown' here i.e. he plays for my club so play him, but let us share views.

12. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    ........and it easy to trumpet players who play for the champions: Fred has looked ordinary in a Brazil shirt whereas someone like Wellington Nem has been unlucky not to play more/go to the Olympics on what little I have seen of him. Fred looks a little lacking in pace/mobility and has probably regressed since he left Lyons.

13. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    I think Ronaldinho returns to Brazil NT

I've always been opposed to his back, but Dinho deserves another chance: it was the best midfielder Brasileirão 2012.

Felipao Also likes him and likes to have a good player on FKs and experienced to lead the group.

Fred is another who must return to the group. Scolari likes a player area, maker of goals and he was the top scorer in the Brasileirão.

I am eager to know if Scolari convene players like Fernandinho, Willian, Luiz Gustavo, Filipe Luis and others speculated playing in Europe and not so famous. Some say that Scolari makes no idea who they are haha ;)

14. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    No Dinho. He is past his prime. Yeah I have watched the Mineiro games but when Mano first put him he slowed down the midfield. He looked old and slow. Fred was horrible in the Copa America two years ago. Scolari's style has always been defensive. that is why I think he will bring back the 3-5-2 again.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  15. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right now i would rank them

1. Rafael Cabral
    2. Cassio
    3. Victor
    4. Cavallieri

[]__[]

16. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    On another note, I'm pretty pleased with the new Brazil jersey that leaked. Definitely the best Nike jersey that they've produced for us since the 2006 WC one.

Now, hopefully they can build on this year's and make one at least as good for the World Cup.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Helton committed yet another gaffe yesterday vs Benfica.

18. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    The jersey is beautiful. The best of recent years.
    However, 98 is insuperable!

Helton is a great goalkeeper, but his time for Brazil NT has passed...

19. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Tá chegando a hora dos jogos verdadeiros, ou vai ou racha. Se eles puderem aprender a jogar juntos, ainda tá indeterminado. Vai ser interesante.

20. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Who steps in for T Silva to pair with David Luiz? I can't wait until Scolari's first call-up to see how much he shakes things up.

21. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    ........ah, but who says David Luiz will be called. No guarantees........