Seleção 2013 - General discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Good post if I may say so.

2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I disagree. The State Cups are still of importance to the teams, the public and the torcidas. If people feel that way, then they are not watching the State Cups. Vasco X Fluminense was one of the most entertaining and exciting matches of the year. Meu querido Mengao that lost to Botafogo was another highly anticipated and exciting match. The Taca Rio final this coming Sunday will pack the Engenhao and you can be sure there will be celebrations all over Rio by the winner. Then there is the Paulistao, Gauchao all highly regarded, not to mention another 20 or 30 state cups.
    The State Cups are here to stay, forever. It is a tradition and a way of life.
    And of course you can analyze players from State Cup. Hell I can tell you that Dede is out after this last Taca Rio.

3. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rafael saved a goal right off the line which would have sunk Man U much earlier, so if that is out of position, then so be it. And Sir what's his name adores Rafael, and you can be sure that Rafael will continue to be the undisputed RB at Man U. Not saying that Rafael is Selecao material, but he is doing quite welll at Man U.
    And BTY, Man U was robbed by the Turkish Ref giving Nany the red card. You can say that this Turkish Ref changed the result of this game after that red card.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Noone cares about it prior to the Semi-finals and the finals. iirc Rio have one of the worse attendance ratings in all of the big State Cups.

Noone in Rio cares if Flamengo beats Bangu or Americano.

5. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ridiculous.
    You go ahead and tell that to torcida Raca that "Noone cares if Flamengo beats Bangu".
    And you which I assume is Corinthiano, you don't care if Coringao looses to Oeste? Come on.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I really don't.. if you're in a Torcida ofcourse you care.. but when you see more seats than people, then lets be realistic.

But again Flamengo isn't in the Copa Libertadores and nor are they Brasileirao contenders, so I can see why they would care about the Baby Cup 2013.

7. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    First of all nobody really gives a shit what you care or not.

You stated "nobody cares" and now you state "well if you're in a torcida of course you care". So get your facts straight and think before you speak. It has nothing to do with arecadacao.
    And living in Honduras or New Orleans or where ever, I could understand why you would call it "Baby Cup". You have absolutely no clue what is going on in Rio and the sentiments of the people as it relates to the Campeonatos Estaduais.

Santista1962 repped this.
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well ... I think that came from a corner and it hit his hand. I am saying he was in the midfield a few times ... and I mean in the middle not hugging the side line. Not sure you noticed but he gave a ball away in ManU's box in the first half that was worse than the Olympics. Could have easily turned into a goal. He needs more experience.

9. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nothing could possibly be worse than that ball he gave away in the Olympics, OMG that cost us the Olympic Championship Gold!

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well ... you know what I mean ... :p

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Noone cares... other than these idiot fanbases, in which their job is too care. Lmao.. I see more blue seats than people in every game prior to the Semi-Finals and derbies.

This isn't the 80s.. Rio-Sao Paulo cups are pointless... NOONE CARES. Check the statistics, they speak for themselves. lmao @ thinking anyone cares to watch Corinthians vs. Mirassol or Flamengo vs. Boavista

12. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    I respect your choice of fandom on the state cups. The state cups will remain because its part of Brazilian football culture. I rarely follow it and it is nothing compared to what it was in the past with packed stadiums. I just watched the Santos x Corinthians game and aside from it being lifeless the stadium looked like a bowl of chex mix after an AA meeting. It was the standard pride & honor in the past but now its just television rights and sponsors which are keeping it alive.
    It would be more appealing if the state cups would be part of a bigger national competition. It lessens the value of players and creates more injury time which can interfere with bigger competitions. The clubs should evolve from favela type cups.

13. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    Presumably your thinking of younger options, who do you feel are better choices?

14. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    One thing I enjoy about them is you typically get to see the younger players and prospects, which is their main chance to try to win playing time with the main squad.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As stated in the game thread, Felipão wants an experienced option with so much youth up front.

Younger options would be Willian, Bernard, etc.

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  16. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    As should be. There is a ton of inexperienced youth on this team. An older player like kaká provides a lot in training and for advice and all the other "team" shit that few fans regard as valuable. In reality it's invaluable to have guys like kaká around these inexperienced players.

17. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He didn't pass Ronaldo on, he followed him which appeared to be instructions given to him.

I wont argue any other poi t because apparently im biased and don't care about the NT.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If that were his instructions I guess it's fine. I just find it weird for a fullback to follow a player towards the middle. Man marking like that is typically done by midfielders.

19. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Its Ronaldo after all. And he was quiet until the red card.

20. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Surprised R10 not called, but in Felipao's mind it is either Kaka, or R10 and not both.
    I am pleased with Kaka's call up as he is getting back to form, if only Maurinho would play him. Yesterday, Kaka did well almost scoring and showing himself. I guess Felipao testing the two to see who goes on.
    Surprised on Hulk's call and especially Diego Costa, but Felipao does tend to like the big, strong monster players up front. Surprised Luis Fabuloso not called.
    We are really hurting in the laterais positions - only Dany Alves, Marcelo and Felipe Luiz?? Goes to show that Felipao will definatelly go in on a 3-5-2.
    Glad to see Hernanes back in there and Luiz Gustavo - a true volante in all sense of the word.

21. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Still no William damn and thought bernard was going to be called. Love the diego costa call up not so much the kaka one. And why so many defensive midfielders.

[]__[]

22. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Agree a lot with Your comments IVO
    Surprised to see Diego Costa,
    though he has been in great form this season,
    didn´t think they´d considered him NT material....
    There are many similarities with Hulk,
    just like him, not really a center forward or striker,
    though he occationally can score those kinds of goals,
    but more of a winger/attacking midfielder I would say.
    Luis Fabiano and Fred may be decadent
    but they still can score goals and be experienced central forwards.

I still consider Fernandinho as an interesting option,
    despite the poor performances in last two CL games,
    instead of Ramires, he brings the same things to the table,
    working ethics, along with offensive runs but is more allrounded
    with some passing as well.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry, Denilson70. These NT games threads always go off topic way too easily and turn into player discussion. I'm just going to merge this thread with the NT thread.

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Thoughts on Alex of PSG? The old Chelsea and PSV Centreback.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Should be considered along with Marquinhos from Roma. CB is one of our deepest positions IMO.

puertorricane repped this.