Seleção 2013 - General discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    CASSIO - Our new NT team goalie.

puertorricane repped this.
  2. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Maybe, but what is that got to do with finding out who our opponents are?!

3. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You've done this before. Nobody gives a shit where an opinion is posted, except you.
    I told you man, you got to try to get that mod job, seriously.
    Or why don't you start another one of your threads about upcoming players or something.

4. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Wow - such aggression! Just seemed an odd place to put it. That said, if he plays x England in February you can say your crystal ball worked.

I personally think a moderator should probably be a Brasileiro. I am not one/do not have the ability/do not have the time.

5. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I doubt CASSIO will be called up during the first few matches Felipao coaches, although I do believe CASSIO is our man for the goal.

6. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    A brilliant save he made x Chlesea but I have not seen him enough to form an opinion.

7. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It wasn't just one save against Chelsea, it was the entire game, and also against the Egyptian team all of which his performance earned CASSIO the golden ball for the player of the tournament.
    In the Libertadores he was absolutely amazing letting I think only 4 goqls the entire tourny (which includes the CWC). CASSIO seems to shine on the international stage, not to mention his performances at Corinthians in the Brasileirao.

8. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
  9. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  10. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Relax - lets win the trophies not rankings! We are at a disadvantage because winning friendlies carry less points than those from competitive games. It really does not matter though.

11. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    The sad thing is these rankings actually matter for seedings in tournaments. If we stay like this until the draw for the World Cup we could end up in a group of death....again. It could be a positive thing though. It would put us in an underdog status. The pressure would be lower from the team since they are playing at home. Plus Scolari's tough attitude for being underdog will help the team mentality, The more people underestimate us the better.

12. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    They won't - previous winners get the seeds usually.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't really think anyone honestly believes Switzerland or Ecuador is better regardless of ranking.

14. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rankings don't mean much... Brazil is in the top 8 according to the last world cup.

Keep in mind Ivory Coast did not lose a single match this year in regular time in 2012 while you lost 4. All that affects ones ranking.

In the end, you need to start winning against good competition and stop hammering Iraq and throwing parties afterward!

15. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    that;s right ... and let's hope Felipao would bring that rythm back home

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

I will let you guys figure it out on your own ....

SupaMario repped this.
  17. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Rankings are of minor interest because it gives people something to talk about. It matters ******** all to me!

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I meant is ... I will let you guys figure out on your own the mistakes in your statements ... it's pretty obvious ...

19. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Enlighten us, Wise One.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Seriously ? First problem with the statement is that Brazil are the host, therefore guaranteed head of a group. It doesn't matter what the ranking says or how we've done in the past WCs. Now, if we weren't the host, having won the WC in the past does not guarantee us a high seed and therefore the head of a group (which is the best way to avoid other strong teams). If I remember right FIFA uses the results in the last 2 or 3 WCs (I thin it's 3) as part of their formula (in conjunction with the rankings). So it won't matter if you've won the WC let's say ... 4 editions ago.

21. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Well, we won it 3 editions ago, are at home and have the best shirts/kit in world football!

22. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good luck with Brazil getting an underdog status and any kind of low pressure in World Cup that takes place in Brazil. :whistling:

23. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    This is great! I love it. Next year we have England twice,France,Italy and the Confed Group of Death! Hopefully we can get Portugal twice as well. I am sick opf playing against weak opposition. The young boys need a trial of fire to get experience for the WC. I think it is good we are in 18th place since it might give the boys motivation to win and also make them learn that just because you wear the yellow shirt you ar enot entitled to win trophies. That is not how past teams won. They worked hard and face tough matches and I trust Scolari will instill this mindset on the Selecao. At the moment people thinks Brasil is weak. They say out time has passed,other said we are declining, lots of people are underestimating us. So the boys need to work hard and get the ultimate prize.