Seleção 2012 - General discussion and news [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by leonidas, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You guys are forgetting about Damiao. He seems like the best choice we have right now.

2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He said besides Leandro, which is Leandro Damiao.

3. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I am really high on Damiao. Love that guy as the Seleccao's center foward. He has the gritiness and desire that the position needs. This IMO, is why Pato even if healthy, was never going to work.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ooops ... completely missed that :p

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Hulks going to be a definate pick especially since Mano has chosen to ignore robinho, douglas costa, and Michel bastos. Whenever I see Hulk play he seems to be more of a wing then a Cf, I'd like to see Hulk play there though. I've been on the Hulk bandwagon for awhile, i think Mano liked what he saw from him against Bosnia. Has anyone heard Mano speak on Luis Fabiano or Vagner Love? Right now it'd be hard for me to take Vagner Love over Fabiano, i agree but if Loves form keeps up in the brasileirao it'd be hard not to select him.....

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol @ Michel Bastos

I think its safe to say, Pato's career is over... He would need to reconstruct his entire body in order for him not to get injured a 16th time...

7. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    what's wrong with bastos? the only times he has been used at the NT level has been at LB which is not his natural position. i would love to see him get some minutes as an attacking player instead of a defender...

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol.. he was raised as a Left Wingback and later converted... I'm pretty sure thats how the story goes.

9. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Drogba is getting all the credit, but everything about that goal was due to Ramires.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CH04yEieX0"](FULL HD) Didier Drogba goal - Chelsea - Barcelona 1:0 - 18.04.2012 - YouTube[/ame]

10. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ramires has been playing very well as of late. I think he burned his bridge with Mano on how bad he played in the Copa America and the Germany friendly. Same with Andre Santos.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    well, Brasil doesn't need Andre Santos anymore. Now that Marcelo is back.

and I would love to see a pairing of Lucas Leiva and Ramires again. Now that they seem to be fairing better even though the former is still hurt iirc.

12. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What do you think of this team?

[LINEUP-4-3-3]Neymar, L.Damiao, L.Moura, Lucas Leiva, Ganso, Ramires, Marcelo, T.Silva, Dede, D.Alves, Julio Cesar[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

13. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Looks good Daniel. Though at this point in time, I believe it's Hulk's position on the right wing. Lucas is an immense talent but is only 19 and still very raw. And personally I would stick Kaka' or Hernanes in the middle instead of Ganso, but thats just IMO.

14. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agree with you about Hulk and Kaka. Hernanes is having a tough 2nd season at Lazio though, and a lot of the fans are calling for him to be sold. The problem is that they're playing him out of position as an out and out attacking player, whereas we know his natural position is a deeper midfield role. Hope he turns things around because we can definitely use a midfielder who can both attack and defend.

15. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Diego is one player who is playing very well at the moment.He is slowly and surely returning to his best!! I know that he is not very popular here because of his displays under Dunga. Probably Dunga's tactics never suited his style of play. I definitely rate him above Ganso 'cause Ganso has not proved anything yet.

16. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I totally agree that Diego is having a good season with Atl. Madrid. I really believe he should be in the mix for the MF's. However, neither Diego nor Ganso proven anything. Do you recall that Diego was on the Olympic team in the 08 debacle? Do you recall that Diego was on the Olympic qualifying team back in 03 and they didn’t qualify? With all his talents he has still not been to a WC. So overall neither player have proven anything. Ganso at the moment is the guy but there is nothing wrong with having good competition for the #10.

17. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Diego has experience in different leagues.He did extremely well in Bundesliga.The reason he didn't perform in Juventus was because the whole team was performing poorly.Still I don't think he was that poor with Juventus.
    Completely agree that he was not that good in his NT appearances . If Mano calls up V.Love in the coming friendlies then he should consider Diego too.V.Love was another player who never did anything great in the past outings.
    Deigo atleast showed some flashes of brilliance with the NT ...

18. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    The Ganso I've been watching lately should be the starter in that role. Its like he's a totally different player. Amazing work rate. Good decision making, and always trying to get involved.

19. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Diego has a very good vision of the game. Very good technically but for whatever reason he seems to fall out of favor with coaches. Looking at the last friendly we played against Bosnia, Mano called up these MF's (R10, Elias, Ganso, Hernanes, Lucas, Fernandinho, Sandro). To me there are 3 guys on this call-up that should never see the field. Diego is competing against them.

20. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    personally i never liked Diego in the yellow shirt. him and Elano were the complete opposite players in the dunga era.

Diego - great at the club level. looked confused on the pitch with the yellow shirt on.

Elano - lost in the shuffle at the club level. world beater in the yellow shirt. Brazil's X-factor in the Dunga regime

with that said - i guess it doesn't hurt to have as a squad player on the team. even though diego is 27 - he has a few good years left in him.

who knows - maybe like Luis Fabiano, he can have a resurgence at the NT level....

21. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ganso vs Kaka - I think I would choose Ganso because he is alot younger and hes been playing very good lately, while Kaka is nothing like he was a few years ago and I dont know if he would be any good for 2014 WC, but people have been saying Kaka is coming back.

Lucas vs Hulk
    - Tough decision, Lucas is a very good talent but Hulk is obviously more experienced since hes older
    Lucas is faster, better at dribbling and can change direction very quick. I think Lucas will defiantly be the better option in 2014.
    But I would still choose Lucas.

22. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzaMxfwT7Co"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzaMxfwT7Co[/ame]

23. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would go with Robinho.

24. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why aren't Kaka and Marcelo playing God Damit!?
    This is not good preparation for their upcoming NT friendlies.

And Kaka does not have a prayer returning to the NT with Maurinho benching him.

25. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Kaka isnt playing because he is not better than Oezil.

Marcelo didnt start becuase he's proven to be a liability vs. Barca.

They will still get game time though, no biggie.