SEC Football 2012 - 6 going on 7

Discussion in 'Football' started by Catracho_Azul, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Can't wait to see what this Lattimore dude does in the NFL. He's looking good right now at the college level against Vanderbilt.

2. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully Spurrier won't kill him first. He's been getting way more carries than he should over his career.

3. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's what worries me about every college kid with a shot. I stay upset with the NFL and NCAA for this "Three years in school ball before you can do it for real" rule. I don't know what kind of career Tyrone Prothro might have had, but my guess is he'd have been a pretty damn good kick and punt returner. Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker were probably ready for business when they left high school. I'd never advise a QB or OL to go pro without a year or two of development, but really big guys or shifty and fast guys at RB are good to try, IMO.

4. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alabama about to rout Michigan. :)

*ot but Texas is going to suck again.:cautious:

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dennard Robinson's paper tiger team is going to get him killed before he can play a down on Sunday.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Big10 has to be a joke if Michigan is their top ranked team in the conference.

League of lulz and League of Laughter (lol)

the gulf in class between SEC and everyone else, especially the Big10 is hilarious. Michigan isn't ready to step up to the big dogs yet, might aswell not even made the trip to Jerry World. Stayed in LOL country up there.

7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They've been a joke for some time now. Ohio State in 2006 and 2007 is the prime example. Hell, they stole one in 2002 against The U.

8. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I thought the Michigan return teams played quite well...

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They got beat like Emmitt Till. Can we send the L1G to FCS and replace them with the Mountain West?

10. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robinson is extremely over hyped. On top of that he appears quite incapable of learning from his mistakes. He did the same thing over and over, throwing into double coverage and against 28 that ate him for lunch. Let me call him for what he is gifted athletically, inaccurate throwing and apparently lacking intelligence. He will not play on Sundays. 11-28 200 yards 1 TD 2 picks. Easy to play well against some of the poorer teams in the Big whatever it is these days.

11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I didn't say he'd be a QB.

I absolutely think he'll play on Sunday. But he'll need his speed and elusiveness even more at whatever position he does play.

12. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, he could be a running back or kick returner. Maybe run the wildcat. I also question his time in the 40 yard dash. They list him at 6'-0", but many say he is just below 6'. Speed at QB, Robert Griffith III. If Robinson runs as fast at the combine I'll eat my words, but I doubt it. RGIII was a fantastic high hurdler. If he kept at it he could be an Olympian. He qualified for a semi-final for the 2008 Olympic Trials in the 400m hurdles.

13. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michigan is improving, but Bama is just a fantastic team. They lost lots of players yet there appears to be no falling off in performance.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Difference between SEC and the rest of the country... Speed.

Denard is overhyped because his speed is good enough to get it done in any other conference.. except SEC. Different ball game when you got defensive ends that clock in better/equal 40 yard dashes than Denard.

Theres NCAA FBS D-1 Speed.. then theres SEC speed. Catch up

15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What about his character?

16. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well that is an odd question when speaking about performance? Why do you ask? I have never heard anything negative about him, have you?

17. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Oh come on-- that had nothing to do with the speed of Alabama's defensive ends or Robinson's lack of talent. The Alablama defensive ends were free to crash not contain a lot because Alabama was willing to commit their corners or their safeties to to run support because they were confident they'd be able to cover well enough without them or recover well enough to handle the Michigan receivers. They got burned bad a couple of times when double moves or slips left them exposed; but on the whole they were right. The anticipation of the Alabama secondary on the edge was spectacular... the short outside game earned Michigan more bruises than routine yards. On the whole the number of times a Michigan runner or receiver's forward motion was turned entirely backward was remarkable.

Barring injury, Robinson will make an NFL roster as a quarterback. He has spectacular speed, plenty of arm, is elusive, and he makes a lot of good reads. Whether he is accurate enough and whether he makes enough good reads to start are the questions. But he is, for example, a more talented player than Seneca Wallace, and Wallace has done all right. Think Tyriod Taylor, Dominique Davis, even Russell Wilson...

18. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Haven't heard a thing, but your posts about athletes tend to go there early and often. I just thought I'd ask before any more time went by to see what, if any, dirt you have on him right now.

19. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you really do have some kind of hard on for me don't you. Oh well.

Here's the facts on Robinson we can agree to disagree.

1. Robinson played in the spread until Hoke's arrival last season. Michigan now mainly employs a pro-set.

2. Robinson was quite successful in the spread because that system does not require the quarterback to make a lot of reads and he physically has the right tools for that offense. Robinson's numbers showed his success and efficiency in the spread system. He completed over 62 percent of his passes and threw for over 2,500 yards. He also threw 20 tds and only 11 picks. Under the pro set his numbers are significantly down. He is at 55 percent, 400 less yards, 18 tds, but 15 picks. These numbers tell me he had issues adjusting to the pro set. He is not an accurate passer. He has issues making reads. He kept making the same mistakes last night against Bama. Granted Bama has been the best defensive team n the country for the past two years, but they confused him and made him look tentative. Bama played contain well too and kept Robinson from scrambling for big plays.

3. Pro's yep he does have a good arm. Not Michael Vick's arm, but a very good arm.

4. He has great quickness and speed, but I would take that supposed time in the 40 with a grain of salt. Colleges tend to lie about height, weight and 40 yard dash times. RGIII time is the present one to beat. I also think had he concentrated on track and field he would be an Olympian. You don't run 13.5 in high school in the 110m high hurdles or go sub 50 seconds consistently in the 400m hurdles without being a great track talent.

20. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got back from Dallas a couple of hours ago. I really can't overstate how amazing Cowboys Stadium is. It's the 9th or 10th NFL stadium I've been to and it is the nicest by a mile. Simply incredible.

21. Boundzy

Boundzy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 1, 2003
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Picks:
    Auburn at Mississippi State
    Florida at Texas A&M
    Georgia at Missouri
    Western Kentucky at Alabama
    Louisiana-Monroe at Arkansas (Little Rock)
    Kent State at Kentucky
    Washington at LSU
    UTEP at Ole Miss
    East Carolina at South Carolina
    Georgia State at Tennessee
    Vanderbilt at Northwestern

22. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bama d. WKU
    LSU d. UW

23. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Careful... you start placin' bets like that in Vegas and you'll lose your rent money.

:D

Auriaprottu repped this.
  24. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never much been into pick 'em stuff, but I'd say Auburn vs. Miss St is a toss up. I want Miss St to win, but Mullen has still NEVER beaten an SECW team not called Ole Miss. Kentucky is terrible s I'm not so sure I'd write off Kent State, nor would I write off UTEP against Ole Miss. I still don't think Vanderbilt is worth a crap either. I think TAMU gets Florida, but not so sure about UGA losing to Missouri though I think UGA's overhyped (as usual.)

25. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Texas A&M "padding" their résumé like a flat-chested 13 year old girl:

[​IMG]