Sebastian Lletget at West Ham

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by JohnR, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. TheBoleynInheritance

Feb 24, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Well he isn't a winger as some have touted him but the best position I have seen him play is just behind the attack so an attacking midfield role. He gets the odd goal as well but he has a great work ethic and fantastic attitude and that's important at West Ham.

Supporters love him (not heard a bad work said about him) and his attitude has earned him a contract and they don't give those out if you are lacking in anyway.

Winoman repped this.
  3. TheBoleynInheritance

Feb 24, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Also the reason why Seb isn't playing for the US is because of our stubborn coach. He is set in his ways and doesn't like to change things even though we are going through a bit of a bad patch right now.

Personally I think he is the sort of player we need in the squad right now. To save his US career he wither needs to make the bench for us or go out on loan.

4. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

maybe with a new contract he will get a chance..but more than likely they are waiting until they are absolutely safe from relegation, (albeit an extremely lame decision) and in the meantime they are content to let him play once a week with the U-21's and practice with the first team.

5. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Are you saying he should be on the US National Team despite not playing first team football and should go on loan to a lower English league? That does not mentally compute.

superdave and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  6. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

For the love of God ..Doyle could have had 6 goals..yet they lose

GiallorossiYank repped this.
  7. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Sounds like he saying that big Sam is c8ck blocking him from PT which is why he is not getting a look from the US plus JK is also not giving him a chance even though he is not getting first team minutes.

8. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Ahhhh. Our coach as in Sam and not our coach as in Jurgen. Got it. He was using alot of pronouns confusing me which I thought was USMNT when they were West Ham. Thx.

9. TheBoleynInheritance

Feb 24, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Sorry yes I meant all things WHU. But like I said I understand why he isn't playing in the US and it's a shame really. We lost again last night and it makes me sick that he played 3 relics (O'Neil, O'Brien and Taylor all players you have probably never heard of and I wouldn't blame you) when fresh players like Seb could of been utilized!

10. Sergei_Shtaniuk

Sergei_Shtaniuk Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Tbf, its not Big Sam's fault you lost last night, and very few managers would have thrown an untried kid in for his professional debut last night. Plus, if Lletget is a winger/attacking mid, then O'Neil and O'Brien arent keeping him out of the side

11. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think Taylor has lost it? I've seen him sporadically provide on the field this year, but overall he's a player who has really declined from my view. I really feel that Lletget should be subbing in for Taylor consistently.

12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless Seb has the ability to play behind the striker and unlock the defense or bed the spear of the attack then as an 8 he is basically at the deepest part of the depth chart.

13. Sergei_Shtaniuk

Sergei_Shtaniuk Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    He was never that good when he was at Portsmouth. Championship level player, just with a penchant for scoring outrageous long range strikes

I think Sam likes to have him on the bench because he can provide backup at full back too

14. TheBoleynInheritance

Feb 24, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    But that's the problem he is nothing more then back up and yet he keeps getting played! If he is going to play then stick him at LB but not in Midfield! He had a one on one with the keeper last night and lost his bottle. A decent player would of rounded the keeper...

15. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Testudo and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  16. TheBoleynInheritance

Feb 24, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Finally a bit of positivity. I'm still getting over Bales screamer last night!

17. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Lletget makes good on promise
    http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130228/lletget-makes-good-on-promise_2236884_3091432

18. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  19. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    West Ham is approaching "safety," being 9 points clear of the relegation zone now............tied with Fulham and Stoke at 33 points.

If they can hold that gap for the next couple of weeks..............the stretch run of the season would seem like a perfect time to geive some kids like Lletget an opportunity.

They're not going to get relegated, and they're not going to get a Euro place.

Fingers crossed.....................

20. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this guy breakin into the fold would be a welcome pleasant surprise thats for sure, we are due a few of them

21. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

Amen..and by all accounts he is ready..it is also nice that they have been working with him in a more attacking role recently

22. jhw1

jhw1 Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Agree! And speaking of: Please don't use the word "breaking" in a post about an American prospect in England.

23. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know why they offered him a new contract, West Ham don't seem to be interested in giving him a chance.

24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roster filler?

25. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lletget's only 20 but he's had 0 chances. Made the bench FA Cup a few times due to injuries. Usually that means a player isn't in the picture for the long term. If he isn't regularly making the matchday squad next season, then it's time to move on.