Sebastian Lletget at West Ham

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by JohnR, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I read on the Internet that they can't put things on the Internet that aren't true.

2. jhw1

jhw1 Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Did this turn into a court of law all of a sudden? And besides, is it that much worse to be credulous than to make a purely circumstantial argument ("Lletget is in the position . . . ")? In any case, the proof will be in the cards. They're bringing midfielders in during the transfer window; if they still don't send Seb out on loan, we'll have good reason to believe they're looking to blood him as circumstances permit.

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  3. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm also a French model, by the way.

MHaifa1913 and Sandon Mibut repped this.
  4. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's funny you discount the post of somebody who at least claimed to have spoken with someone in the know - although I agree that skepticism of anything on the internet is wise - and then offer up an opinion that seems to be based solely on your perceptions on the situation but doesn't express any reservations about the possibility of you being wrong (and other posters being right).

So is there ANY reason we should think you have an opinion better informed than anybody else here?

5. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just relaying a conversation I had and I can certainly understand if people are skeptical. The person I was talking to suggested that the reason he was not on loan already is because they do like him and he could be needed.

Also, the other Yank kid from GA who was at the West Ham academy is no longer there. I guess the interview his mom gave to the local paper didn't go over so well with the club. I didn't get into it too much though.

I also forgot to ask about Zusi and Agudelo. I will try to remember to ask him if I see him next week.

6. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bonjour! ;)

7. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right after I coined that phrase, they started putting lies on it to discredit me. Then Taylor Swift and I broke up and she started writing all these songs that made me sound like a complete jerk.

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Of course those are my perceptions. I never claimed them to be anything else. The other poster could be right. How the hell should anybody know?

I simply ALWAYS approach these things with an amount of skepticism. I don't think of anything on this board as "evidence"..................................it's simply someboy's opinion.

I wasn't intending to be overly critical of Jacques. I just don't know him or the person giving him this opinion from Adam. I could post something on the Joseph Gyau forum saying that I've talked to "an insider" at Hoffenheim, and they told me that Gyau is going to be sold at the end of the season. Would eveybody believe it? [Let's not be naive, that happens all the time on these boards.]

In fact...........................I had a buddy who used to do this all the time on these boards, just to see the over-reaction take place. There were three kids on the US youth boards that were simply a fabrication of this buddy of mine. He simply posted flowing tributes to the players that he knew absolutely nothing about. He just picked their names off of a youth roster here in Texas. Then he waited with amusement as people started listing them as potential players on USYNT rosters. He even had one make it onto somebody's USMNT World Cup roster projection!!!

9. dwsmith1972

dwsmith1972 BigSoccer Supporter

May 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the spirit of legalistic wankery, I would add that any information passed along by a BS poster (whether in the form of direct observations, conversations with those in positions to have knowledge or observe things, rumors heard from sources) is most assuredly "evidence." The question (and I think this is what Clint E is actually getting at) is how much weight to ascribe such evidence. Such decisions are subjective and up to each poster based on track records or the nature of the observations etc, the credibility of the poster.

Example(s):
    Poster X watches USMNT team game and observes that player 1 was horrible, and nothing else.
    Poster Y watches same game and makes specific observations as to player 1s passing, positioning, etc.

Poster Z claims to know people in front office of team A and based on that claims team A will sign DP so and so. Team A never signs DP so and so.
    Poster W operates online blog and has long track record of directly interacting with players in certain area. Poster W claims team B will sign

Obviously, each of these examples, all evidence, likely have different weight in the minds of different BS folks.

I offer up no view on the specifics offered here but generally think most folks here post in good faith.

Apologies...bored at work. Realize this is all academic and lame. Also really hoping Lletget gets some clock soon.:)

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And as compensation, you got to nail Taylor Swift.

Which, if you're into bony girls, sounds like a good deal.

11. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries, I was just struck by the authoritative tone of your post, and found it a little ironic. Wasn't trying to be too critical.

12. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Personally, I am always skeptical of a youth yank at any club being proclaimed as the next great thing or future national team player until he gets a run of games with the first team.

I thank Vincenzo Bernardo and/or his agent for making me realize this.

13. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Uh, bon jerr...

MHaifa1913 and Jacques Strappe repped this.
  14. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Please tell us those names or at least the one who was put on a world cup roster!

15. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um... so did anyone else notice Lletget's tweet about having a life coach? Yikes.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to follow a few athletes on twitter, then I realized how incredibly uninteresting 90% of them are.

17. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    The only frustrating part of this is that they trust Danny Potts an 18 year LB.. I can only guess that Potts doesn't have nearly the competition and probably to his credit is a much more clear option.

Hopefully in a couple weeks they be more secure in standings and have a chance to work him in.

18. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Yeah, it's mostly "goin' 2 training" or "working out" or "just smoked my boy @RandomPlayerX in FIFA" or "eating sushi."

Ex-jocks tend to be more entertaining. Waldo and Lalas are great on twitter.

19. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Just got new kicks." "What's up with Stupid TV Show?! Crazy!! smh."

By and large, the only thing interesting on athletes' Twitter feeds are the ill-advised tweets that they delete a half hour after posting. But I can read those on soccer sites anyway.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Part of it is age, those guys are older, more experienced. Part of it is just that Lalas is just a crazy spazz naturally.

21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is "@RandomPlayerX" taken on twitter?

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  22. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Mainly the old guys are enjoyably bitter, like a well-hopped beer.

Real Corona and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  23. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    On the bench again today for their cup match at Old Trafford.

24. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    it's not soccer, but Jose Canseco is the best and only reason one should have twitter.

Feast your eyes on this trainwreck: http://favstar.fm/users/JoseCanseco
    Here's one of my favorites:

sXeWesley and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  25. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clint's evidence is apparently that he and "his friend who made stuff up" aren't trustworthy, so we should trust him.

It's deep shit, man.

Scotty repped this.