Seattle Supersonics.2

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by EPJr, Jan 29, 2013.

1. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maloofs Agree to Sell NBA's Kings to Seattle Group
    The Maloof family has agreed to sell the Kings to a Seattle group led by investor Chris Hansen, the league confirmed in a statement Monday morning. The deal is still pending a vote by the NBA Board of Governors.

A person familiar with the decision said that Hansen's group will buy 65 percent of the franchise, which is valued at $525 million, and move the team to Seattle and restore the SuperSonics name. The deal will cost the Hansen group a little more than $340 million. The Maloofs will have no stake in the team.
    http://www.usnews.com/news/sports/articles/2013/01/22/ap-sources-maloofs-agree-to-sell-kings
    [​IMG]
    An image provided by 360 Architecture Inc. shows the preliminary preferred design for a new arena being planned in Seattle to house an NBA basketball team, which could be the Sacramento Kings.

Playboy Red Devil repped this.
  2. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NBA relocation committee call reveals 'deal points'
    of Kings' proposed sale to Seattle group

[​IMG]
    The NBA held a conference call with members of the league's relocation committee to outline deal points on the proposed sale of majority ownership of the Sacramento Kings to a Seattle-based ownership group, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The city of Seattle and King County has a deal with Hansen to construct a new arena once the investment group secures an NBA team. Plans to build a $500 million arena were approved by the local officials in October. The group also will change the team's name back to the Sonics. Seattle lost the Sonics when Bennett moved them to Oklahoma City in 2008.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--n...proposed-sale-to-seattle-group-183116508.html

3. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    When new owner Clay Bennett decided to move the Seattle SuperSonics to Oklahoma City after purchasing the team more than four years ago, he left behind the name and the logo for the city to use in case it was ever able to acquire another franchise. Given how well the community supported the organization, it was widely assumed that goodwill gesture would come in handy, but I’m not sure anyone realized how quickly it would come in handy.

http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/Micr...Sacramento-Kings-Move-Team-Seattle-51647.html

4. M.O.T

M.O.T Member

May 9, 2008
    I'm cautiously ecstatic. I guess, that means, I'm happy?

5. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just read the article. Good point about how Seattle are uncomfortable with a team moving up to their city.

Chris Hansen - I thought about this guy

[​IMG]

Just like the article said, the people are cautious about until the ALL papers are signed and it is official official. I reckon the move really rocked the fans and community.

6. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I believe the Kings are staying in Sactown.

7. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    why not the Clippers move to Seattle, Griffin amd Paul can remind the NBA fans of Seattle's Legendary duo Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton

or atleast change OKC team name from Oklahoma city Thunder to Oklahoma super Sonics

8. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't like LA's fan base that much, Seattle is much more interesting. Too bad it can't happen.

MVP#3 repped this.