Seattle Reign FC

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by GOALSeattle, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Not likely

2. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Her chances of being on the national team in 2015 are down as well. She's really trending downward in playing time on the national team, ever since the end of the 2011 WWC.

Alex Morgan has really stood out and in the process has stolen her rubber. I mean her "thunder".

3. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Alex didn't steal anything. AROD just put too many shots into the seats and the hiatus will give other the chance to give something to compare to.

It's pretty much the same for any player, especially forwards.

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I dont see it as long shot that A-Rod is with Seattle next season. After all, she has another mouth the feed. Im not so sure she'll still be an allocated player tho.

5. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would really be surprised if any player on one of the top Euro teams (i.e. likely to make the elimination rounds) moves over this season given the Euro tournament this year.

6. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Yep. Morgan is just better. A-Rod is A-Rod. Really solid talent when her stock is high. Not very productive at all when her stock is low. Her stock value in production is just all over the place. One of the most inconsistent forwards in the history of the national team.

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    U know what Seattle should do to replace A-Rod? They should sign Alex Morgan. She's nifty looking, can play forward and knows the city of Seattle. How could they do this? Well it's pretty obvious that being allocated doesnt mean squat. If an allocated Heath can sign with PSG then why couldnt an allocated Morgan latch on with Seattle. Best part is they dont even have to pay her.

8. badmamajama

badmamajama New Member

Mar 11, 2012
    What other alternatives did the team consider for a home stadium? UW? Interbay is down the street from Predmore's house.

9. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interbay holds 900.

10. lolGOL

lolGOL Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd wondered if Memorial Stadium was up for consideration? It's astroturf with football lines, which sucks. But it's almost worth it for the central location, and it holds 12,000. They could probably bump up attendance just with day/cruiseship tourists during the summer.

I hate to make the drive down to Tukwila but am hoping to organize a regular bike caravan from South Park down the Interurban trail to Starfire. PM me if you're in Seattle and interested.

11. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming they stay at Starfire, when it gets closer to a home game, ask this question again and I'll pass it on to a couple I know who probably would love to ride with a group.

12. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Seattle's FB Page (during the Superbowl):
    Sounds like today is the day we will get some news.

13. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @liviubird:
    ETA:

14. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad to see Kate Deines end up in Seattle, if not in Portland. She's a great player, maybe long term the best of the Seattle free agents and college draft choices. On the other hand, to be honest I'm not that high on LT.

15. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Lindsay Taylor was the national player of the year in 2011 on some of the awards and lists.
    What other forwards out there could they get?

16. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another interesting fb post:
    Any trade theories?

17. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Aside from Rapinoe for Morgan? X-D

No clue.

18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If they had something WNY wanted then Veronica Perez would be attractive for Seattle. Can play forward, played for the Sounders, went to school there.

19. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portland is never going to let go of Morgan - they wouldn't trade her for any female footballer in the world.

If they do trade, I could possibly see Seattle trade Noyola and perhaps Rapinoe since the team is fairly midfield-rich and they are missing a bulk of the season. It may be a stretch but perhaps WNY would agree to trade Perez for Noyola? WNY did draft Noyola in the 2012 draft.

I wish we knew the trading rules/guidelines.

20. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If they wanted Perez, they'd have to give up Ruiz or Noyola. Not sure about Ruiz, but I highly doubt WNY would want Noyola since they're already technically short from the Allocation.
    =edit=
    I forgot about the '12 draft. Still, though.

21. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    What about Perez and McCarthy for Noyola and Kyle. WNY would have to wait for Noyola but they need midfielders

22. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure where I saw it, but I recall seeing a rule that applied to the national team players and said that the trade must be "like" for "like," meaning a USWNT player for a USWNT player, etc. After that, I don't recall seeing any trade limits. If I'm right, Perez could be traded only for a MNT player.

23. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    If I'm Seattle, I offer to propose a "three-team-trade" (which would be exciting for the league)

TRADE PROPOSAL
    Seattle receives: Veronica Perez, Lindsi Cutshall
    WNY receives: Nayeli Rangel, Mallory Schaffer
    Sky Blue receives: Teresa Noyola, 1st round pick (2014) from Seattle, 3rd round pick from WNY

The three teams swap Mexican internationals.
    Perez is happy going back to Seattle. Noyola doesn't seem too loyal to want to be in Seattle, and is more willing to travel the world, or domestically to another team. With Fishlock and Rapinoe in Seattle's midfield, Noyola becomes more expendable for Seattle to trade (if need be).

Mallory Schaffer goes back to the East (she's from Pennsylvania), so she'd be happy.
    Cutshall goes out west, where she'd be happier. Plus she'd be the best defender for Seattle, where she might only be the 3rd best defender or so for Sky Blue. It helps Cutshall get noticed more in this league (in terms of building her national team resume, playing in front of Hope Solo).

Seattle loses: Noyola, Schaffer, and 1st round pick in 2014
    Seattle gains: V. Perez, Cutshall (this immediately helps them in 2013)

WNY loses: V Perez, and 3rd round pick in 2014
    WNY gains: Rangel, Schaffer (this gives WNY more weapons in 2013)
    *keep in mind, Rangel is every bit as good of a national team player for Mexico as V. Perez is

Sky Blue loses: Cutshall, Rangel
    Sky Blue gains: Noyola, 1st round pick (2014) from Seattle, 3rd round pick (2014) from WNY
    *Sky Blue goes for draft picks to build for their future

Sky Blue gets arguably the best overall player (by midseason) in this deal, by obtaining Noyola.
    That's an upgrade over Rangel. Sky Blue loses Cutshall, but the 1st round pick in the 2014 draft should turn into someone at least as good if not better. Sky Blue also gets a 3rd round pick in the 2014 draft (which is a LOADED draft).

The key here is what each teams goes for....
    Seattle needs help now (in 2013), especially on defense.
    WNY gets two weapons, they lose one, and they only have to pay for that with a 3rd round pick.
    Sky Blue loses two good players, they gain a GREAT player, & two draft picks, including #1 pick.
    They build for a good today, but a brighter tomorrow. I think Gabarra will be there for a few years, and he would be willing to build for that 2014 draft (which is INCREDIBLE).

24. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Great trade for Seattle...awful for the other two teams.

25. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I saw Seattle is going to Japan for three games in March. They play INAC and two other clubs.