Seattle Reign FC

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by GOALSeattle, Dec 19, 2012.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Seattle opening day against the Thorns 9 v. 8

2. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    If I'm Kerri Hanks right now, I'm thinking about what a golden opportunity this is to revive my soccer career in a Tier-1 quality American pro league. She's looking mighty tasty for Seattle right about now.

And it got me thinking. If no A-Rod, then this is Christen Press's chance to shine on the national team in 2013. I could see Sermanni going with Press to replace Rodriguez spot in 2013.

3. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Just make it 2 vs 2 at this point:
    Morgan and Sinclair vs. Zurrer and Solo.

That's gonna be the entire movie when these two teams play against each other (based on the rosters as of now).

Sky Blue vs. KC in the Final?
    Who would have imagined that 3 weeks ago, lol.

4. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a large update on the Seattle Reign's Facebook:

Katreus repped this.
  5. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Well that's good news. There's no update on A-Rod's situation in that release.
    Maybe it's a false alarm. Or a hoax perhaps. It still could be true though.

6. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I think the sign that it's true is Sermanni added Bywaters to the USWNT camp yesterday out of the blue. She is a very similar type player to A-Rod and that seems like a big coincidence.

7. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also (maybe) worth noting, the Reign facebook curiously asked someone in the comments who their favorite Australian player was.

8. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Good point. This is Bywaters chance. And Christen Press too, who could prove that she deserves be on that 21-player roster for the 2015 WWC.

9. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Well, if they just got Lisa De Vanna, then that helps them out dramatically.
    And Seattle fans will love her.

10. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I must say, Seattle is doing a great job communicating with the fans. Here's another fb announcement:

Katreus repped this.
  11. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Allocated players are dropping like flies for most or all of 2013 (including A-Rod all of a sudden).
    Even Mexican allocated players (Noyola, Garciamendez) are questionable for some or most (or all) of 2013 at this point. At least the Canadian players seem to be solid to this league in 2013 (for now).

Allocated players that won't be here (at least for the first half of season, or even all of 2013):
    Tobin Heath (overseas)
    Megan Rapinoe (overseas)
    Amy LePeilbet (injured, surgery, out for the entire year)
    Amy Rodriguez (pregnant)
    Ashlyn Harris
    24th U.S. player (whoever that was, Klingenberg or whoever, that fell through)
    Teresa Noyola
    Alina Garciamendez

So we're down to 17 or 18 allocated U.S. players in this league, for at least the first half of 2013?

12. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I do like the way Seattle is running their franchise, and communicating with the fans.
    They need some serious talent on that roster, and fast.

It's really good news to get an Australian international in to this league (if true).
    That means the "seal is broken". If one Aussie announces, then more Aussies will follow.
    New Zealand would be cool too, to get a couple from there to come over.

Would love to see Caitlin Foord, Tameka Butt, Emily Van Egmond, Kyah Simon, Lisa De Vanna, and Samantha Kerr in this league. That's three strikers, two midfielders, and one defender from the Matildas.

Ali Riley (2014), Rebecca Smith, Sarah Gregorius, and Ria Percival from New Zealand.
    And of course Rosie White and Hannah Wilkinson (when their collegiate eligibility is done with UCLA and Tennessee) to be in the league eventually as well.

Add a couple of English internationals, a couple more from other Europeans nations, and a couple from Brazil, and Miyama from Japan (at some point, maybe soon), and there you have it.

13. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    The biggest winner in all of this is Mallory Schaffer (Seattle's 2nd round pick).
    She's more of a midfielder (who can play up top), but she will definitely be a forward now for Seattle. And she is guaranteed to make the roster now, and a very good chance (as of now) she'll be a starter up top for Seattle. She just inherited a golden opportunity with this news.

[​IMG]

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well someone who played in Australia has signed for Seattle so that's a fair comment.

15. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jess Fishlock?

16. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I think Megan Rapinoe played a game or two for Sidney last year so it may be a trick question. :)

17. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She went to school in Oregon?

18. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Portland is in Oregon, yes.

19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    New team motto...
    When it reigns it pours.

20. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    More rumors out there about Lisa De Vanna and Tina Ellertson being two of their free agents.
    Somehow I have a feeling it'll turn out to be Sarah Walsh instead of De Vanna. It always seems to work out that way. Not that there's anything wrong with Walsh.

21. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're probably messing with me down in Rivalry, but when they dropped hints that a major player was leaving England's FAWSL to come to the US, I said I hoped it was Jill Scott who was coming. While someone said she re-signed with Everton, Jenson said this earlier today -

22. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Jill Scott to Seattle?
    That would be great.

And if she sticks around for 2014, their team is starting to come together (if De Vanna and Ellertson are there).

2014 - Seattle Reign
    F - Amy Rodriguez (just off the binky, time to get jiggy, in 2014)
    F - Lisa De Vanna (international)
    F - Mallory Schaffer
    MF - Megan Rapinoe
    MF - Christine Nairn
    MF - Teresa Noyola
    MF - Jill Scott (international) (gives them great size)
    MF - Kaylyn Kyle
    MF - Kristen Meier
    DM - Julie Johnston (2014 1st round draft choice)
    D - Tina Ellertson
    D - Emily Zurrer
    D - Jenny Ruiz
    GK - Hope Solo
    GK - Haley Kopmeyer

They obviously need to sign more defenders.

23. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure the international is Jess Fishlock as she is Rapinoe's hair "twin" and she played in Australia (both were hinted). Plus I checked her twitter and she is following Harvey and the Reign.

24. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Fyp

25. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    You don't think Rodriguez can make it back for the 2014 season?