Seattle Reign FC

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by GOALSeattle, Dec 19, 2012.

1. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    The league (U.S. soccer) will want to keep her happy and in this league for a very long time.
    She will get first dibs, and she will get to select who she wants to play for.
    If Seattle is her first choice (which she has hinted on twitter and online more than once), then she'll be in Seattle.

2. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Right, I didn't mean in 2013.
    I meant in 2014 and beyond.
    If the league looks real solid after the first year or two, then it could happen.
    And I didn't just mean the biggest international players.
    Even young and lesser heralded ones from England and Europe in general, but ones with potential to develop a lot.

3. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ordered the entire USWNT pool in order of desirability from the team perspective - this included not just ability but celebrity status and youth (Abby may be well-known, but how much longer is she going to last?). Alex Morgan was clearly #1. That being said, she's not very senior and as such is less likely to get her preference than some of the more established players. Too, I don't think Seattle or Portland need name players to draw fans, while some other teams might. She might be better for the league in Kansas City.

4. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The latest buzz in regards to the Reign and sharing the same town with the Sounders Women...

Both apparently want to play at Starfire (4,500). The Sounders Women are longtime tennants and will have scheduling priority over the Reign, says one source.

Hope Solo is considering "sitting out" the NWSL season.
    Alex Morgan may be ready / willing to go elsewhere. She likes Seattle, but her relationship with Sounder Servando Carrasco is apparently cooling off. Perhaps no longer a reason to stay in the city.

The Sounders Women will soon announce a partnership with Washington Youth Soccer.

5. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shlj posted this over in the Rivalry forum's FAWSL thread, but Arsenal Ladies Coach Laura Harvey is set to leave for Seattle Reign.

Wow to the Seattle staff - grabbed a very well-accomplished coach.

6. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like Seattle would benefit from having a young club and sprinkle only a few vets in here and there, they might start off average but under a coach like that . . . watch out. A well developed Morgan, a good core of college draft picks, free agents in their early 20's could be what Seattle is looking for if this hire is any indication.

7. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Seattle may go with the youngest team in the league.
    Morgan is young. Veronica Perez is young. Look out for Ali Riley and Becky Edwards.
    Some chatter going online about how they want to play together on the same team.
    Both would be considered as free agents (and of course Riley is not considered an international).
    If Seattle can gobble up both of them (I think Riley will want to play out west, and Edwards will follow where Ali goes), then this team could be a championship contender with Morgan, Perez, Edwards, and Riley, regardless of whether Hope Solo is in this league or not.

There is no way Alex Morgan will not be in this league.
    She will want to please U.S. soccer by playing in this league.
    Look where she played in 2012 when there wasn't a true pro league here.
    Seattle Sounders.

That tells you everything you need to know.

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No it doesn't tell you everything you need to know. Her boyfriend whom she has dated since college playes for the Seattle Sounders me. So wouldn't it be convenient to play for the Sounders women if she was living with her boyfriend in Seattle while staying in shape for the Olympics? With no other league available? With Solo, Rapinoe, Cox, Leroux?
    That was a one time deal.

But I do think she would be a fool not to play in a domestic league, IMO.
    Salaray aside, her exposure to the home crowds, media, marketing would be IMO, nowhere near if she was playing overseas.

9. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex Morgan may be ready / willing to go elsewhere. She likes Seattle, but her relationship with Sounder Servando Carrasco is apparently cooling off. Perhaps no longer a reason to stay in the city.

10. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Grab yourself a Seattle Reign T-Shirt. Available soon.

[​IMG]

11. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  13. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if the Sounders Women organization had won the right to enter the new top league, the team couldn't be called the "Sounders". MLS' exclusive contract with Adidas doesn't allow MLS team logos on Nike uniforms, which NWSL players will be wearing. I don't think the author understood this. The implication was that the Sounders Women would just move up a level.

------RM

16. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    What do you want to bet the Reign doesn't put that on a billboard to attract local fans?

19. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Washington head coach Lesle Gallimore (about Teresa):

"I'm a fan."

20. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this article. Teresa Noyola is still under contract with Ado Den Haag (Netherlands) and will not join Seattle right away.

21. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    OK, what is it with midfielders and the Pacific Northwest? Are any of them planning on attending their league openers?

22. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Blank Allocation will have just as many caps at the beginning of the year as these midfielders you just alluded to. Should they play a man down early in the year, and try to win 10 vs. 11 ?

23. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Thorns will apparently be playing 9 v 11.

24. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    But pretending that Tobin Heath and Amber Brooks are gonna be out there, is a moral victory in
    itself. They look terrific in "italicized" font on the electronic roster.

When they announce the starting lineup, the stadium announcer should enthusiastically say, "and now, give a great round of applause for your defensive midfielder who is here in "spirit" tonight, #22, Ammmmmmber Bock, I mean #22 Ammmmmmber Brooooooks"

25. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    OK, I know I keep making jokes about this but this is getting serious. Amy Rodriguez is pregnant now so Seattle is down three allocated players and it isnt even free agent day!!!!!