Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by HectorF18, Aug 2, 2013.

1. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    The team sent out an email today announcing starting next week you can reserve season tickets for a refundable $25 deposit. Anyone thinking of getting season tickets? I was planning on just buying individual game tickets but the email stated a "never wasted ticket" program so I might go ahead and get season tickets and share them with my brothers.

2. quakesfan209

quakesfan209 Member

Nov 17, 2004
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, I got the same email. Nice perks I think. I was planning on becoming a season ticket holder in the supporter section. Just wish they had pricing down. When they first talked about season tickets they said they will start around $200 now in the new email it says starting at under $300. I know it's kinda saying the same thing but the fact they throw out a bigger number has me wondering.

3. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I noticed that pricing difference too. For comparisons sake, I checked Orlando City website to get an idea for their season tickets. Currently, they offer a 7 game half season pass - $196 premier midfield, $161 midfield, $126 sideline and $91 supporters. Therefore, to keep tickets prices in line with other teams in the league the best tickets should costs no more than $400 and the supporters no more than $200. Hope they keep it at this range or it will be expensive compared to other teams in the league.

quakesfan209 repped this.
  4. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll buy single game tickets for the first few seasons. I'm a STH for the 'Quakes and I want to have at least one season (well, half season as it turns out) in the new stadium before even considering a switch.

My son will be a soph. at USF and we've had season tickets since the 'Quakes returned. By the time he graduates, I'll probably become a Republic STH.

5. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, interesting about the price difference. The thing is, no way in heck they sell out Hughes (20k), so the need to "reserve" season ticket seems strange. Must be about perks, I guess.

That said, anyone who wants this team to succeed should know that attendance numbers will be a huge factor. Season tickets means that's a seat counted every game, regardless of if you are able to attend. We need numbers to show USL Pro and MLS we're serious. I plan on buying season tickets, and when I can't go will give them to friends/ family.

As has been said already, the FO has done their part, now it's time for the fans to step up!

6. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    100% agree!! I'm buying two season tickets.

We need to send a strong message. I believe I read recently of another D2/D3 start up who already has 5000 season ticket deposits for their upcoming season. (??) Sactown has the ability to blow it up with fan support. Look at the resurgence of the Kings this year.

7. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    The email says there will be a "Never Wasted Program" so most likely if you can't make the game you can turn in your unused tickets and get tickets for another game. That works out well for me.

8. quakesfan209

quakesfan209 Member

Nov 17, 2004
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $350 for the supporters section

9. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012

That's more than I expected. Hopefully they announce pricing next week, I'd like to get sideline tickets.

10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, $350 for the supporters section? Is that accurate? That's pricey. In fact, that's more expensive than season tickets for the supporters sections in San Jose ($280), and that's an actual MLS team. To top that off, USL Pro plays fewer games (24), so you're essentially getting 12 home games, plus playoffs for that price.
    350/12 = $29.16 a game
    280/16 = $17.50 a game

I really hope that number is wrong.

11. quakesfan209

quakesfan209 Member

Nov 17, 2004
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they said the only cheaper section will be the family section on the corners on the other side of the stadium from the supporter section

12. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you know how much? And what the price range is like the the remaining seats?

13. bloodhoundmuse

May 18, 2008
    Sactown & ND
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those reported prices seem a little high, particularly for D3 US soccer on a plastic pitch with football lines and a running track in an 85 year old stadium. Renovated or not, Hughes is still a dump.

QuietType repped this.
  14. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Here is the info I received from the Tower Bridge Battalion supporter group regarding ticket prices:

"Right now, the full season ticket package for The Battalion section will be $352, which includes 14 USL Pro home games, three playoff games, one MLS friendly, one European friendly, and one Mexican friendly. Only the family section in the corners on the other side of the stadium will be cheaper."

So it looks like a minimum of 17 games (friendlies included) + playoffs.
    At 17 games, that's about $20 per ticket; if we make the playoffs, tickets drop to $17.50 each.

15. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you sure that doesn't factor in the fact that it's through the Tower Bridge Battalion? As in, they're adding in membership fees, travel fees, etc. as part of the package for their section?

The prices seem too high, if they will be as or more expensive than that. We certainly can't be charging more than an MLS team. I don't care about the price personally, I can afford it. But what I care about is filling up the stadium in the first 2-3 years.

Seems to me if a huge factor in moving to MLS (as Warren Smith has said is the goal) is to have large attendance numbers, they should be making the prices cheap and accessible so that we get big numbers. It might be something the ownership has to bite the bullet for if they want people in seats. Surely they must realize this. They'll be doing themselves a disservice. If the ST prices come out and they are indeed that high, I'm going to complain to club.

16. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Something tells me midfield tickets will be in the $500 range. Sac Republic will have the highest ticket prices in the league. Guess the FO needs to recoop the costs of Preki and the videos.

Since the stadium seats 20k, and more than likely won't be even half full through the middle of the season I'm sure they will be offering half off offers through websites like Groupon.

QuietType repped this.
  17. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, exactly, Hector. This seems to be short sighted. I don't understand why they would set the prices so high for the inaugural season. Everything they have done up to this point has been smart and calculated, and with this they'd be hurting their own efforts to get attendance. I understand needed to make some money, but these guys have to know you new to spend money first if you want to make it in the long run. The #1 priority in years 1-3 is large attendance. You don't want to discourage people from coming or price them out all together.

And seriously, we're talking about Hughes stadium. Bleacher seats, a track around the field, artificial turf with American football lines painted on. If this were a nice SSS that would be one thing, but to charge this much, I dunno.. It's just really dissappointing.

30King repped this.
  18. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I sure hope Republic management doesn't torpedo this whole thing right out of the gate with the ticket prices. they should be almost giving them away in an inaugural season. Let sustained attendance and team success on the field dictate prices.

QuietType repped this.
  19. quakesfan209

quakesfan209 Member

Nov 17, 2004
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, that pricing is straight from the team. Battalion dues are separate and they are actively working with the FO to get the ticket pricing down.

QuietType repped this.
  20. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's disappointing. I'm glad to hear the Battalion is trying to lower the pricing. Sounds like they share the sentiment expressed here.. They really need to get the pricing right to get the attendance they want/need. It could very well be one of those situations where having lower prices makes up the difference because you sell more of them anyway.

Bosnian Diamond and quakesfan209 repped this.
  21. quakesfan209

quakesfan209 Member

Nov 17, 2004
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am just throwing this out there but it struck me as kinda odd. I asked about pricing for a season parking pass and I was told they are still "finalizing the stadium location" maybe they meant situation/deal and not location but that was the wording used. I don't know where else they might be looking to play but maybe that has something to do with the pricing?

22. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm I can't see them playing anywhere other than Sac State, unless they are planning some king of erector set temporary stadium. I honestly think Hughes is perfect for a temporary home with the light rail right at its doorstep. Something strange is afoot..

23. quakesfan209

quakesfan209 Member

Nov 17, 2004
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, from the way I am reading the emails they are just as surprised as everybody else about the pricing and they are working very hard with the FO to give the supporters options to get the pricing down. At least the $25 deposit for ST is refundable if in the end it is just unacceptable for people.

24. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Seems to me if you've got MLS ambitions, then you spend the first few seasons just scraping by or taking a loss in order to build up a large and dedicated fan base. Then you move to MLS and stick your devoted fans with the bill at that time. Save the sticker shock for the big league.

quakesfan209 and QuietType repped this.
  25. sugit

sugit Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    I'm putting my deposit down as soon as we can.

What ever the ultimate price is, I hope this is a good balance between good prices for us and also having ticket prices at a level that shows MLS Sacramento is willing to pay to support our team.

I imagine having full stands is the most important we can do, but I have to imagine showing MLS good ticket prices is up there as well (along with things like sponsors and stadium).

I don't mind paying a couple bucks more if our tickets prices play a factor in our ability to land an MLS team by 2020.

quakesfan209 repped this.