Season Tickets = Membership

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by troutseth, Feb 11, 2014.

1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yes.

2. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently we are getting a credit for extra tickets to other games to compensate. I needed 2 tickets to opening night, she asked if I wanted to use my credit for them or save it for later. I think it was $60 something, I guess the cost of 1 game for each of my 3 seats. I used it and have a $20-something balance.

3. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    That's exactly right. We still get 20 game tickets but two of them are unassigned credits. We can use them as we choose. I don't have it in front of me but I'm pretty sure that is explained on the insert that came with the tickets.

Here is something similar from the website.

4. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok cool. I heard them mention using them for extra games including a playoff game. I wonder how that works. If you use it for the playoff game and it doesnt happen then what?

5. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone got the details on the Custom Rewards? It says 5 or 10 points, but doesnt say what is what. For the 'Experiences' i wonder how many people for these? 1 for each seat?

6. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    You can't use it for playoff games until those are scheduled. Presumably you would hang on to it until late in the season when it becomes apparent that we will have a home playoff game. If it doesn't look like we will have one then you would probably need to use it on the last home regular season game. I don't see anywhere that says what happens if you don't use it. You would probably lose it.

7. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am hearing there were emails going out about the rewards. Has anyone got one yet?

8. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    Received one this afternoon

9. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got mine a little while ago. Awaiting confirmation on my Boniek bobblehead.

(I may or may not have gotten that item just for the alliteration; it's more fun to say out loud than "member scarf.")

10. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First thing I ordered was a bobblehead

11. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good deal. Looks like I am out of the loop again. I am glad they picked up another team, because they do so well with one.

12. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I guess my info was emailed to somebody else. Good thing they didn’t decide to claim my rewards. In a way I wish they didn’t have the rewards. I would rather have nothing than something poorly executed. To further my rant about things being based on per account rather than seats (or seats/2 or seats/3), many of the 10 point rewards are for 2 people only.

It just makes zero sense to buy in groups now. The funny thing is, by people buying in groups, they are taking a management step OUT OF the FO’s hands. I facilitate/filter then pass comments/requests on the FO. It is plenty of work on my side. It is not worth it anymore ; next year we are breaking up our tickets so the FO is going to have 3x more to deal with! Just think if everyone starts breaking up their tickets.

13. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, I'm breaking mine up as well. I still haven't gotten the email yet to claim my stuff. Awesome.

ei1marti repped this.
  14. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It was weird. I didn't see the email in my inbox but this morning I was searching old emails for something else and the Forever Orange club email popped up. Not sure what happened but it was there.

15. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

I could find any old emails-but I had to call my rep up for some Dash tickets so she resent it.

16. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think they are headed in the right direction, and I like the concept but this annoyed me as well. I have 3 tickets, almost all the 10 point items are for 2 people. Do the math. How hard would it be to have a certain number of points per ticket and then have each of the event items be a certain number of points per person? That seems pretty logical to me.

17. espij7

espij7 New Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would call your account representative if I were you. I have three tickets as well, and my representative went ahead and gave me three spots when I called him about one of the experiences they offer.

18. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    OK, good advice. Thanks.

19. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too.
    My question is should we spend all the points right away or should we save them for later when there might be something better? Also will we be getting more points later somehow?

20. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

Depends on what you want. If you want an Oscar bobblehead then I would order it now as a lot of the items, said there were limited quantities. Of course I don't think they will run out of yearbooks, scarves or Ching DVDs.

As for experiences-keep in mind some fill up (ie club access) for certain dates. So if there is something you really want to do, then I would jump on it now.

we are supposed to get more points as a reward for things such as attendance, surveys filled out, and imagine renewing early in August.

JC507 repped this.
  21. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rockets do something similar i think like our membership..

except you get more upgrade vouchers.

I got to play on the court with T-Mac, Hakeem, Horry, and Mario Ellie yesterday... and i got to check out the Rockets locker room.. Grade A amazing.

makes the dynamo locker room look like high school garbage.

CeltTexan repped this.
  22. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn that sounds bad ass.

23. shoeless

shoeless Member