Season Tickets = Membership

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by troutseth, Feb 11, 2014.

1. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    #1 troutseth, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    The Front Office appears to making a push to make the season ticket holders more like a club membership and less like a one time purchase. Frankly, pertaining to a vast majority of the fanbase, this is likely a good idea to get them more engaged throughout the year. This may actually help with no-shows (corporate seats aside). But even if it doesn't, there are some nice perks. Here is the list of what your membership gets you now:

* 17 Regular Season Home games (same as previous)
    * Charities Cup (Same)
    * Some amount of credit to use on tickets as you see fit (I like this one a lot)
    * Custom awards (I have used these programs in the corporate word before - if the merch is good this is GREAT. You can get one or more season ticket holder gifts instead of just having something shipped to u)
    *MLS Free (great except for those who already paid - no knowledge of refund yet)
    * Some sign with name - same
    * 15% discount at store (same)
    * more . . .

http://www.houstondynamo.com/members

So essentially the addition of the custom rewards, MLS Live, and the credit toward seats instead of getting two seats to the US Open Cups you may not attend.

2. crocken

crocken Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MD
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    1) is there a cool card-instead-of-tickets involved?
    2) does this card-instead-of-tickets also mean you get points on games you go to and such?
    3) is it only available to full-season ticket holders?

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    yawn.

you know whats a perk. the bag checkers being all cool when they catch you sneaking-in a brewski... :thumbsup:

....or how about the section attendants that dont feel the need to ask a season ticket holder each time you go get concesseions. my point is the above is all nice and everything but doesn't mean anything if some FO personal and BBVA Compass staff hasn't mastered basic customer service skills.

JC507 repped this.
  4. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team store discount is a good deal. I had 3 friends from the Valley that came to games last summer, I bought them jerseys that they paid me for, the total savings was substantial.

5. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Tough crowd!

You must sit in the wrong section! The attendant in my section is named Susan and she is a lovely person who knows me and never bothers us about pulling the tickets out of our pockets or anything. Maybe you just have the kind of face that people want to hassle you!!:cautious:

6. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I was going to respond as well, with the same story. I set in a different section each of the last two seasons and I have nothing but positive remarks on the attendants.

7. Marquez

Marquez Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Houston
    Keep us updated if you hear back. Or don't hear back. I just renewed my subscription last week.

DNez2001 repped this.
  8. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I emailed MLS Live support last night and was refunded this morning.

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I emailed them this morning and they gave me a refund as well.

10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The refund thing is cool. And surprising. But then again, I guess it would make sense, because they shouldn't be paid twice for the same account. I was lucky, like others I had changed credit cards and had been sent 2 notices already that they weren't able to renew. I was procrastinating and it paid off. This time.

11. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

dude you must look like a hoodlum. My attendant is the best-you probably know who she is. I noticed its the newbies that harass. The regular lady kicks ass. One time she raced down to my row and yelled at a bunch of guys who moved up my row midway through the first half-"hey, you guys don't belong down here-you guys are in the upper deck. The person who sits in those seats is in line for a hot dog".

I was super impressed. She was better security than some work sites I've been to.

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a much better program than getting a Brad Davis MLS 36 DVD or a laminated team photo. I must have like 5-6 Dynamo team photos or ManU photos or whatever in the house. Choose what you want to get or do.

Lets hope they don't run out of all the good items up front.

13. crocken

crocken Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MD
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    i'm just realizing if they can tie the MLSlive accounts to specific season ticket holders the analytics they'll be able to put together would be pretty awesome/usable #webmarketingprofessional

14. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I get MLS live for free with my season ticket membership? How do I sign up this way?

15. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    There's the rub. We renewed our tickets early, probably within 10 days of the official call for renewals. As our renewal item we asked for the "Every Giveaway from the Budweiser Party Deck." And were told that option was already oversubscribed. There's not much point in offering things if you don't have enough available in case one item is hugely popular. (As I suspect will be the case with the Boniek Bobblehead.

16. NicaMexicano

NicaMexicano Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Houston
    I suppose I need to look into this. I renewed last year and heard about this membership thing a bit ago, but thought nothing of it.

I certainly didn't notice MLSLive, or Charity Cup. Last year Charity Cup wasn't part of the STH package... The year before... Yes.

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone here make the conference call forum with the FO today on this? I always find these entertaining in many ways

*rey* repped this.
  18. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So yeah, how do we get this MLS live? I have yet to hear how I claim these benefits. This is also going to be interesting for those of us who have tickets in a group.

19. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    My guess is that when we receive our season tickets, the package will contain an activation code for MLS Live.

20. RTBO84

RTBO84 Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I caught the 10-30 minute range and here's what I took out of it:
    • Benefits are per account not per season ticket holder. So, for instance, I am in a group of 9 and we will receive 25 points not 25x9=225 points.
    • "Experience" based benefits may be able to be used for the whole group. I'll assume these are things that it won't cost FO any more to allow 1 or 9 people to enjoy (i.e. on field/meet player stuff).
    • An email will be sent out with your MLS Live log in information in the near future.
    • Extra points will be awarded to accounts with "good behavior". Basically participating in the things the FO wants you to like showing up for games (Canetti specifically stated), surveys, etc.
    • FO working with Supporter Groups to get more involvement from non-supporter group fans. "Mark" in Section 104 volunteered to lead cheers in his section. Canetti said something along the lines of "we'd love for organic fan participation to happen."
    • Canetti basically said the FO agrees that the card system (entry, concessions, etc) would be great and that it will happen in the future. If I was guessing based on his comment, this means next year. I might be optimistic though.
    • Fan asked what the details were for his name being engraved on his seat. Canetti informed him that was not happening.
    • If you wanted to change the name on your plaque, too late.
    • Canetti thinks you can resell tickets below face value but did not answer confidently.
    • You can donate tickets to Dynamo Charities, had to get off before hearing the details.
    Nothing too exciting but some good clarification was given.

I generally think the system is heading in the right direction but here's hoping they figure out a better way to manage large groups in the future. In this case, it would not be difficult to simply give 25 points per season ticket instead of per account. The points are not that big of a deal to me but I will want to take adavantage of setting up the season ticket holder charge card option in the future. It seems like this will be a nightmare with 9 friends sharing an account. Anyone know how this is handled at other venues?

JC507 repped this.
  21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What is this engraving thing on the seats?

22. RTBO84

RTBO84 Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy was asking about the email that went out a few weeks ago regarding the season ticket holder plaque/wall. He was confused and thought we were getting our names on our seats. It's nothing.

23. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

I engraved my name into my seat

redinthemorning, Art Vandaley and Heft repped this.
  24. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if this is known, but season ticket holders will get a free subscription to MLS live this season. I missed out on the discount that the MLS site had, so I emailed my STRep and he said an email will go out next week with the promo code. This is a nice touch for all of the ST Holder, but is especially nice for the people like me who can't get the local broadcasts.

25. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've brought this up in other threads. Thanks for clarifying the email part, though.

NIGEL FOR MOD!!!

Levy2k6 and JC507 repped this.