Season tickets for 2015

Discussion in 'New York City FC' started by napolisoccer, Apr 23, 2014.

1. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Ah, that´s why there´s advertisements today.. The marketing have started

3. CornellBigRed

CornellBigRed Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Rye Brook, Westchester
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea that would be very impressive. They certainly can do it. There are more than enough people in and around NYC with the means to buy a season ticket in the $400-1500 range, so it is not outrageous, but I would be impressed with 15k.

5. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got my confirmation email from the club!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your first installment towards New York City FC full season tickets and congratulations on becoming one of the first 3,000 account holders! As a Founding Member, you will help grow and shape our Club from the beginning as we move towards our inaugural season in 2015 at Yankee Stadium.

A seating map with full season ticket prices is expected to be released this summer and prices will be in line with other teams around MLS. Please note, your initial installment amount is not related to the overall season ticket or per game price.

Seat selection for the 2015 season is also expected to begin this summer and will be based on the order in which initial installments are made. If you have any friends, family or contacts in the soccer or corporate community that would be interested in season tickets, please have them sign up as soon as possible so they have a better chance of getting seats next to you. They can place their initial installment by calling 855.77.NYCFC or visiting www.nycfc.com.

After you have selected your seats, you will have the option of paying off your remaining balance in full or setting up a payment plan that spreads out payments over several months.

Please see below for a few of the exclusive benefits you will receive:

·The opportunity to have your name etched in stone and on display as a Founding Member at New York City FC’s future stadium

·A limited edition scarf featuring the name of each full season account owner

·A New York City FC Founding Member drawstring bag

For a list of additional benefits, as well as some ticketing FAQs, please visit www.nycfc.com/tickets.

Over the next few months we look forward to getting to know you and what you’re looking for in your New York City FC season tickets. In the meantime, we can be reached at or twitter.com/NYCFCHelp if you have any questions.

This is an incredibly exciting time for all of us who are passionate about soccer in and around New York City and we can’t wait to get started with you onboard!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I bolded an important part so it's clear that the installment price has nothing to do with actual prices.

6. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    If they are sending out confirmations the first 3k deposits might be done..?

Anyway, saw on the club forum that a guy had spoken to a ticket rep and he got the impression that the pledges (not deposits) was closing in on 10k.
    And the rep did mention that the single area most active in making sure they got tickets so far was Westchester County.
    Which of course makes sense given that the area got A) loads of money B) The Bronx is just a jump, skip and hop from Westchester while LI and NJ is places far far away.

Not that I would ever trust a ticket rep but it does seem legit

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read on twitter that they hit 1000 yesterday, but I couldn't determine the source so its not valid.

8. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GET YOUR TICKETS: The club yesterday also announced it will start accepting down payments on season-ticket plans. While the plan prices will not be released until summer, the team sold 1,100 deposits in the last 24 hours. There are three different tiers: standing-room supporter group ($30 deposit); general admission ($50); and premium seats ($200).
    http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2014/04/22/Facilities/NYC-FC.aspx

SoccerPrime repped this.
  9. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    They no longer advertise about the first 3k perks, guess we have gone beyond that now..

10. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the average in MLS with season ticket sales? I have no idea what would be counted as good or bad with this league.

11. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While very few teams(especially on the lower end) release any details, the gap is quite huge. Some teams are believed to have in the 3-6k range while Seattle has over 30k.

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the latest "guess":
    CONFIRMED:
    Seattle Sounders FC ---------- 34,000 (2014)
    Toronto FC ------------------- 17,000 (2014)
    Portland Timbers FC ---------- 15,300 (2014)
    Sporting Kansas City ----------14,000 (2014)
    Vancouver Whitecaps FC ----- 13,000 (2014)
    Houston Dynamo ------------- 12,000 (2014)
    Philadelphia Union ---------- 11,000+ (2014)
    Real Salt Lake --------------- ~11,000 (2014)
    Montreal Impact --------------- 8,300 (2013)
    Los Angeles Galaxy ------------- 7,500 (2014)
    Columbus Crew ---------------- 7,500 (2013)
    Red Bull New York ----------- ~7,000 (2012)
    Chicago Fire -------------------- 6,300 (2013)
    Colorado Rapids ---------------- 5,000 (2014)
    San Jose Earthquakes --------- 5,000 (2014)
    New England Revolution ---- ~4,500 (2013)
    Chivas USA -------------------- 2,500 (2013)

UNCONFIRMED:
    DC United --------------------- 5,500 (2013)

MISSING:
    FC Dallas

Great BS thread on this here (and I encourage NYCFC fans to post their numbers):
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...ed-season-ticket-holder-count.1944405/page-14

13. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade...

but i got the confirmation email on 5/14..

I bought tickets on May 7th.

Granted - it's first 3k account holders... figure most everyone has at least 2 tickets, so that's at LEAST 6k if they maxed out... i would figure there's around 10k total tickets when they max out. They probably won't max out until they actually tell us what the ticket costs are...

which is a huge pet peeve for me right now.

14. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the seating map and[​IMG] prices came out today. Very reasonably priced!

15. Egbert Sousé

Egbert Sousé Member

NYCFC
    May 25, 2013
    nyc
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    David Villa will sure help put backsides into those seats.

Lucho305 repped this.
  16. AustinLWetherby

Dec 11, 2013
    well keep the numbers coming in when you find them, would be more higher if yankee stadium was a soceer venue but numbers r still going to be huge especially after we sign lampard :)

17. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is it confirmed the capacity to 33,444 seats ?

18. WarriorSoccer

WarriorSoccer Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Put the down payment on my seasons last week. My confirmation today said I'm still in the first 3,000.

19. CornellBigRed

CornellBigRed Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Rye Brook, Westchester
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke with a ticket sales rep at an event for the World Cup semis last week. He said we still are under 3,000 accounts, however his exact words were "we have a lot, a lot, more season ticket seats than that." What that actually means in terms of hard numbers I don't know. My guess is somewhere between 6,000 and 11,000.

WarriorSoccer repped this.
  20. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have reached the 3,000 account mark today! They say most of those account have multiple tickets. They have also expanded the founding member program so you can still get in but without the scarf. They also announced a few new benefits including lifetime "founding member discount."
    Has anyone ever heard another MLS club release the average number of tickets per account? Probably not, but it could help us get a ballpark figure of where we are at right now.

Bisquick_in_da_MGM repped this.
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3000 accounts, so you figure at least 6500 tickets.

22. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At least 8k. I hope that for March 2015 the season tickets sold will be 22k . I think that the arrival of Lampard will very important to have the many EPL and Chelsea fans of NY at Yankee Stadium.

23. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Congrats to NYCFC for selling the 3000 Founders Club. What did they raise the number to now?

24. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does not appear to have any cap. You can be a founder right up until opening day! The only thing you don't get that the first 3k got appears to be the scarf and tote bag.

25. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The seat selection process has been made available http://nycfc.com/Virtualvenue

You can pick your seats in August. One new thing of note is that the away sections will be 223-224.