Season 8

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Bluto11, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing but bad luck for me. :(

My bowlers did little, none of my batsmen performed to expectations, even Sarge was a mild disappointment. He did get his century, but was out shortly after that and went for a strike rate under 100 (he's normally closer to 115).

I'll be interested to see the ratings, I think I probably got screwed, again -- it's been a good while since anybody besides Sarge has had a really good day in OD.

2. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To wit:
    Norse Athletic Club Ballard
    Top Order: exceptional exceptional
    Middle Order: superb proficient
    Lower Order: abysmal feeble
    Seam Bowling: quality strong
    Spin Bowling: remarkable strong
    Fielding: mediocre mediocre

Your guess is as good as mine as to how I lost this one.

3. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the plus side, I'll have a lot more gimmes next season, so I may be able to go deeper in the cup. I should walk to OD promotion, but FC promotion will be up in the air as I've still got a stiff opponent in Peters Utd there -- but his favored flat pitch will help a lot because he may wind up sucked into some draws that I can avoid.

4. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i was looking at your ratings and it was one of those matches that doesn't make any sense. I'm sure you'll bounce back right away.

5 new teams in the series next year! going to be tough, but Coetzer will have better fitness for the whole season, and I don't have to play Doobie Bombers four times (twice in OD and twice in FC). Top 4 is the goal, and the season after that Olivier will be ready to go, although I could use him in this upcoming season!

5. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    BT20 Windies commentary didn't show up today. Got Peters Utd tomorrow and the winner advances. Going to take a miracle for me to win

6. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am still in BT20, finished second in the OD league and deliberately played scrubs and got relegated in FC matches.

Should win BT20 today, but I can't see that run lasting much longer.

7. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    chance to finish 2nd in my OD league, the div IV team that demoted only has 5 quality players, so their PFL will be not great.

FC is going to be tough, but I reckon I can manage to stay up going full strength every week. It is only top 4 that stay up in FC yeah?

8. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have one serious competitor in FC, none in OD. Only about half of each league (at best) will even force me to field a first-choice lineup. At least I should be able to take a decent run at going deep in the cup, although my team isn't deep enough in good players to challenge the top WI teams.

9. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    Just won the English BT20 to top off an amazing season :)

10. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations! That's a terrific accomplishment!