Season 8

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Bluto11, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    bowled them out for 42 and am at 38-2 right now. pissed to lose two wickets, but I'll win this easily and therefore clinch staying in my series!!!

End of Over 7: 38-2, runrate=5.43, reqrunrate=0.12 (42-10)
    Tretton 4-0-24-0
    Conroy* 25 (23 balls)
    Spearitt 3 (9 balls)

Last Wicket: Mapie lbw b. Hamilton 1 (FOW: 25/2)

2. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going on the ratings, I got screwed, but I was playing more to avoid a qualifier than to avoid relegation. I think I'm pretty well locked into a qualifier, but I feel pretty good about it considering it'll be coming off a week with no FC matches so my first choice lineup will be ready without major PFL worries.

3. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Batty Men have gone to a flat pitch, but there's still an outside chance for me to steal the title on bonus points.

4. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Playing away on a green pitch i thought i could be in trouble bowling on a sunny day, they were 1-135 @ lunch but the players rallied & rolled them for 248. I am 0-60ish in reply, hope to get good conditions for batting tomorrow.

Oh yeah, playing 2nd placed FC team, but qualification is ensured regardless of the result - I just want the win to go through the season undefeated.

5. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    got a crappy team at home. won the toss and am batting. looking to bat all day and then declare early tomorrow. opening partnership passed 200 after lunch

6. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the downside, I gave up a third wicket en route to an early declaration at 373. On the upside, four wickets are down on under 120 runs on the attack, so my chances of getting an early bowl-out are looking up. If I can bowl Batty Men out for three or fewer bonus points, I take the series on a draw. (For four, it goes to the tiebreaker.)

7. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Harris just became the first triple centurion for Cook County CC!

currently at 609-3, declaring shortly......

8. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got the bonus points, enforced the follow-on... it'd be ironic if the team were to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with a loss on day 3. I'm still pleasantly surprised (to put it mildly) that we were able to bowl them out under 200, on a flat pitch, in sunny weather.

9. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    End of Over 136 (4 runs). declaration of war: 444-6, runrate=3.26
    Lead by 196 runs. (Northern Nutcases 248-10)
    Spiller 15-0-73-1
    Miah* 29 (51 balls)
    Hackworth 17 (27 balls)

Last Wicket: Borrowdale c. Winnacott b. Appleby 82 (FOW: 411/6)

good position to be in, declare overnight (well at the end of the first over) & hope that the bowlers can perform again. Would love to win by an innings but realisticaly being able to get them out for 250 should leave me with just over 20 overs to chase down the runs (if they bat at a little slower than the 3 rpo they did first innings)

Better news is I am on holidays for another week so can watch the Test Match (Aus v India) & my BT game all day - hope the bowlers get on top in both matches.

10. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    good luck!

watched a bit of the aus v india test last night on sopcast, of course when I turn it off the match gets interesting with Kumble bowling out of his mind!

11. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Thanks. I only caught bits here and there of the first day, we had a family thing at my house for boxing day. Kumble was fantastic, Hogg has his work cut out for him if Lee & Clark can't get some early breakthroughs.

12. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    wickets off no balls in the real cricket & my captain has lost his head in the BT cricket.

didnt declare on 444 as he should've, instead we are batting on. faced 5 overs (all wasted) for 2 runs & 2 wickets. tailenders better get out SOON or this could all turn pear shaped.

lucky that, all out 447, 199 run lead & 103 overs to get the wickets.

13. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    End of Over 11 (1 runs). Northern Nutcases: 34-4, runrate=3.09 (1st Inn: 248-10)
    Trail by 165 runs. (declaration of war 447-10 dec)
    Brough 6-2-18-2
    Winnacott* 3 (12 balls)
    Barber 8 (8 balls)

Last Wicket: Toynbee c. William b. Brough 16 (FOW: 24/4)

great start, 3 wickets to the bowlers & a run out to my best fielder. spinners should be on in about 6 overs (unless captain decides he knows best again) to rip through their last 2 bats & tail.

14. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    And that's the end of the match. Declaration of war win by an innings and 118 runs.

End of Over 25 (Maiden). Northern Nutcases: 81-10, runrate=3.24 (1st Inn: 248-10)
    Trail by 118 runs. (declaration of war 447-10 dec)
    Hall 3-1-11-2
    Spiller* 0 (1 balls)

Awesome, bowled them out in 25 overs, wont be that easy next season though...

good luck in your games today, dont forget to set a scrub default XI for the OD games incase they stuff up the 20-20 simulation again, that cost me a couple of levels PFL at the start of the season.

15. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    nice work!

just got the aussie test match up on sopcast and will watch it for a few hours before bed.

i'm declaring after the first over tomorrow and should bowl them out very easily. my three best bowlers will all be sublime!

my default lineup after the last OD match will probably be my scrubs with a few starters thrown in. i check battrick everyday so I can rotate the players out who get tired from the 20/20 matches

16. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Promotion push fell short by 24 runs. :(

My second innings were shockingly short, no one besides Sarge even hit 50. Any of four different batsmen could have and should have done better enough to win, particularly on a flat pitch in sunny weather.

17. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    getting owned in the OD game as expected, going to lose by over 100 runs. Oh well, at least he promotes back up to div IV.

18. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    should win this one and seal 2nd place

End of Over 32: 198-1, runrate=6.19
    Oleary 6-0-38-0
    Mapie* 40 (42 balls)
    Conroy 106 (94 balls)

Last Wicket: Harris c. Harris b. Zweni 45 (FOW: 88/1)

19. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm playing to avoid a huge swing in NRR. I should have enough lead to hold onto a qually spot, and then I'll have all week to recover PFL for my starters.

20. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    should be able to defend this...

End of Over 50: 320-1, runrate=6.40
    Pocock 10-0-67-0
    Mapie* 108 (92 balls)
    Conroy 159 (152 balls)

Last Wicket: Harris c. Harris b. Zweni 45 (FOW: 88/1)

and Jack Conroy has set a new team record for runs scored in ODers in his first season at the club!

21. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck, I was able to hold onto 5th thanks to a charge by Sarge and Willie in the slog overs.

22. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Olivier popped to superb concentration, so he's now remarkable/superb and he's only 18! he should be great addition to the squad once he is close to fully trained. on 3 batting, 1 field, and 1 stamina right now.

23. bobby_diggy

bobby_diggy New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    do any of you use keggut's battrick helpfile?

http://users.bigpond.net.au/keggut/bthf/trngspeed.html

I put the expected training pop times into my training spreadsheet to better plan my fielding net rotations & to estimate how my trainees will turn out in the future.

Not sure at the accuracy of fielding & keeping nets though, the way I figure it is that if primary nets take a little longer to pop each season so should these, so my fielding estimates could be out.

24. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The weather/pitch type info at that site is really nice.

25. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    good luck in your playoff Craig!