SEASON 2014 - Possible line ups/formations

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Blue-San, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Here is me trying to predict them. Naturally help me out and share your opinion.

Let's start with Gamba

[​IMG]

Pjdawa and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #2 Blue-San, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    ALBIREX NIIGATA 4-4-2

[​IMG]

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    CEREZO OSAKA - A somewhat 4-3-3-

(Aria Hasegawa playing the AMC/AMR part and Minamino and Kakitani playing more as forwards)

[​IMG]

4. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    FC TOKYO - 4-2-2-2

(Yeah I think with Aria gone they will play Higashi back to his natural AMC position, Ishikawa on the right if not injured and the new edition Edu as some kind of inside forward on the left working together with Watanabe on top).

Takahashi and Yonemoto in the DMC position with Takahashi taking the playmakers role and Higashi dropping deeper to help build if needed.
    The only puzzle is/was probably Morishige's partner with South Korean gone to China. I am thinking the new Brazilian arriving).

So this is how I imagine it:

[​IMG]

5. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yonekura instead of Kaji.

6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

You thinking 50%/50% or right from the bat Yonekura first line up?

7. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    KASHIMA ANTLERS -> 4-2-3-1

Kind of embarrassing not to know the formation the team you are supposed to be cheering for will play really...
    But I dont.
    Davi should be striker. Endo should be there, than I am thinking Nakamura and Nozawa infront of young Doi and midfield I guess Ogasawara will still be there but not so much and depending on a form of Luis Alberto. Shibasaki should be there. The left flank imho is a total mess. Yamamoto is not good enough and should be a cover. Nakata, meh not really a fan, but will still at his 35 probably carry most of the water. Right back Nishi. CD will imo be a mess with two makeshift DCs who can play DMC Aoki and Yamamura. And last line of defense. Same as always Sogahata.

[​IMG]

8. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    KASHIWA REYSOL -> 3-4-3

Problem that I had with this team, well one of them at least. Was where to place Leandro. Surely he wont sit?. Will Junya Tanak sit? Yeah sure that could be an option in that casem exchange Kudo with Junya and just place Leandro on top. But what happened if Leandro Dominguez is so out of form and injured as in season 2013. Idk I guess so this is what I came up with.
    Ota was too good in the closure of 2013 that he would be left out I guess. Waka or Wataru on the left. With Otani bossing midfielder together with Kurisawa, but I can see coach giving Han a chance to take that spot.
    The defense being the trio written bellow. But that's me guessing Nelson will go with that scheme and we do know he changes things around the block a bit.
    Idk I wrote the line up and instantly thought its a bit off. We'll see

[​IMG]

9. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    KAWASAKI FRONTALE -> 4-2-3-1

You dont change stuff that is working I guess.
    Best three players have sealed the AML, AMC and ST position. The RW was kind of a "problem" but in the end I decided for Ryota Oshima who did well at the end of the season and is a guy who is helping midfield a bit more. MF same. The only change in the entire squad could imo be RB where Takeoka if he does well could take the spot from Tanaka, idk.

here it is:

[​IMG]

10. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    OMIYA ARDIJA -> 4-2-3-1

Yeah I am changing their formation. New coach new formation.
    Why do I think so? Well because for starters look at the main additions. Koji Hashimoto comes to add dept to the left wing, but than there is also Cheol and Ineaga? I aint buying that. Too many interesting players for one spot. No I am saying new coach is going for new tactics and will play an AMC instead of a typical striker. I also have a theory why is that.
    With the loss of Takuya Aoki they have imo lost a huge part of their midfield and in a way I am thinking he ll try to replace it with a guy like Ineage. Yeah it's different but leaving just Kanazawa and Paraiba in the midfield could mean suicide. Since I actually think it's their weakest part of the field now.
    Defense imo will stay as it is and I thin it kind of worked, when the team as a whole was working. Anyway I would have done it like that.

Here is the new Omiya 2014 edition

[​IMG]

11. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    NAGOYA GRAMPUS - 3-4-1-2

Yes I did just draw this piece of crap. And yes this is the best I could come up with.

Seriously wtf, has Akira Nishino in his mind, making this team.
    Nagoya sold their two regular full backs. As if to say, we wont be playing full backs. They then sold Fujimoto on left wing as well, taking some of that width as well. They bought an AMC kind og AMLish, a AML inside forwardish guy a DM midfiedlish guy and a central defender. Well unless they wanna play with new comers, youth guys and what not.

Seriously I will be most interested to see their opening season line up. Cause I cant make ass from the face with this one. So I came up with the following. They will play 3 at the back Tulio commanding the line together with new addition Tone and Muta. The midfield will be Cordoba, new guy Regis perhaps and Nakamura. On the right hand there will be help in the form of Ogawa who will then offer width on the right wing and Edamura will be playing just infront of that perhaps a bit to the left making the left/central offensive axe.
    And since left is just so weak, there will be Tamada/Noda as a secondary striker slash inside forward option from the left for their main go to guy in Joshua Kennedy. And almost forgot between the posts still Narazaki (they didnt even buy a new GK to perhaps eventually replace him. It will be so fun to compare this line up with the actual stuff that will be playing on the first day of the season. Fun for you guys probably, so you can then laugh.

[​IMG]

12. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    SAGAN TOSU -> 4-4-1-1

I do not think there will be much changes in comparison to the last season with perhaps two exceptions. One is definitely left back where Yasuda should imo take the spot. The other is probably partner of Yeo, is it going to be Sakai or Kikuchi?
    Naturally there can be more of them, but imo this is what coach Yoon will send out.

[​IMG]

Ohhii repped this.
  13. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    SANFRECCE HIROSHIMA -> 3-4-2-1 (3-6-1)

So yeah the champions will most likely retain their shape, why not it worked for them two years in a row now.
    Very intelligent building of the system though. Hisato Sato remains the main go to guy in the attack, with Ishihara and partially Notsuda being the option to replace that and interxhanging eachother as support strikers. Takahagi is drawn a bit too nicely here not to damage the beautiful 3-6-1 pyramid shape. Truth be told, he is more central and a bit more deep.
    Mikič and Hawang looking to be the main two options because of their defensive capabilities as ability to run forward and cross if needed. Although the left is where there is probably the biggest competition in the squad with creative Shimizu and midfield orientated Yamagishi. I really like Shimizu and would have prefered him but I guess he lacks defensive touch.
    Mikič, is this year finally getting a good enough adversary in Kashiwa from Yokohama. Aoyama and Morisaki will probably still be kings of the midfield. Same as the back three who will now and then get a rest for young Korean.
    But there is a new GK Hayashi between the posts.

Interesting stuff but should work more or less the same.

[​IMG]

Ohhii repped this.
  14. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    SHIMIZU S-PULSE -> 4-2-3-1

This is like a fantasy board Where I see this really nice team and wanna put this good players on the same pitch.
    At least as long as no one is injured and Genki Omae is here.
    So I would say Novakovič takes the center stage. Right would be the inside forward, the one who makes the run into channels as Novakovič holds the ball. Genki Omae.
    On the left we have Toshiyuki Takagi, and his brother playing the main playmaker just in front of the midfield duo perhaps drawn more to the left to connect with his brother.
    Muramatsu holds the fort Sugiyama perhaps getting slight advantage over Honda. Right FB Yutaka, LB Kawai. CBs are perhaps hard to guess. Hiraoka I am thinking and the two forgein guys duke it out for their place.
    GK is unchanged especially now that his main rival has left the building. That's how I see Shimizu my dark horse for season 2014. Team from which I expect to offer us some exciting nice football

[​IMG]

15. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am gonna take a nap now. If someone wanna do Tokushima and Vissel meanwhile that would be swell since especially Vortis I havent seen much at all.

16. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Popovic raises the possibility of playing Ogihara at center back, however driven more by the injury list than anything else atm.

17. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    You think Ogihara has the skillset to play well there? Which skills do you think he lack to play effectively as a CB?

18. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    who is injured and for how long?

19. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Bastards, none did Tokushima Vortis :p

TOKUSHIMA VORTIS
    -> 4-3-1-2

Umm yeah this is basically me talking from my head. I would say They are gona stay with the back line of Alex being a bit more offensive on the left. Fujiwara being more defensive on the right. Fukumoto + Aoyama if they are healthy imo if not Hashiuchi comes in. Goalkeeper is the permanent signing from Cerezo Matsui.
    Midfield trio is the captain Saito handling the defensive part of it Takeshi Hamada and Miyazaki covering the creative part, especially Miyazaki covering that right part of the pitch more or less and tucking behind the inner striker/supporting striker Tsuda. Junya Osaki is the spark man from Sanfrecce in a AML/AMCish role and probably Douglas on top most of the time, though I do expect young Korean Jong-Min Kim to get his share of games/chances.

[​IMG]

20. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    URAWA REDS -> 3-4-1-2 ("3-6-1")

People keep comparing Petrovič's and Moriyasu's 3-6-1 formation basically saying it's the copy. I don't think it's the exact copy and I think it is mostly so because they just dont have the exact same type of players. I would say sanfrecce keep their pyramid shape "better" with 3-4-2-1 while I think Red's play a slightly bit more offensive with 1-2 on top meaning that Haraguchi pushes just that extra bit more into space, though that can naturally be disputed.

Anyway. This is some line up here. Though I still see room for improvement if I am being picky. Nishikawa should be the new man between the post, no disrecpect meant to Kato.
    The quite rigid back 3 (in sense that they hardly get replaced ever) should be the same. The left side with the italian like FB who covers wings and left back of the Reds is and should be bossed by amazing Ugajin. The right side is a bit more tricky. I do feel this year Umesaki will gain a bit more advantage to Hirakawa but they should both see the playing feel quite a bit bar injuries with the third option Sekiguchi RW is definitely secured.
    Midfield they added that extra bit of dept. My take is Aoki and Yuki Abe. Unless Aoki preforms poorly or Petrovič doesnt trust the Omiya's star.
    Infront of that the outlet towards attack like a postman collecting mail he collects balls to distribute them towards Haraguchi and the perhaps most unpredictable part of the pitch where we shoul imo see Lee more often than Koroki. No disrespect to the tireless former antlers man, but Lee is more complete of a player and I think that's what Reds needed all along. Unless naturally Lee's Southampton trip made too much damage and I guess it did some. We have seen him back at FC Tokyo 19 appearances 6 goals meh... We have seen Lee in better shape and if he would not produce better displays with Reds Koroki may as well get the starting spot and Lee is the depth. But if anyone knows how to use him to his full potential thats Ranko, who knows, if Lee explodes he might have a chance to reenter JNT. Zaccheroni will be watching.

Oh yeah almost forgot. The line up
    P.S. Should have drawn Kashiwagi a bit lower

[​IMG]

21. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I need to do some household chores.

Then I am gonna finish this and perhaps add the comments to the first 3 teams. I know you are all dying to hear from me haha. (most likely not)

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Didn't Reysol buy Leandro? I think he will start, then it's either Tanaka on the bench or Domingues moved backwards. Or dunno

In Omiya, both Radoncic and Zlatan will probably start. Radoncic replaces Nova

23. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I wrote it for Kashiwa. That I dont know where to place Leandro as he is a pure striker. So he would have to be playing in Kudo's place. Now question is do you put Kudo in Junya Tanaka's spot to be able to play them both, but Kudo did quite well, so you are risking a bit, not to mention Tanaka had a strong finish to the season as well.

So what do you do? If you check under Kashiwa you ll notice I wrote all of that Dax. (read more lazy bastard :p)

In Omiya same thing really. I know they were playing 4-4-2 more or less, but looking at their buys and what not this is what I am thinking. I did explain why.

Thanks for the input. But read my comments god damn you :(

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No I did read but I misread your "Leandro" for Domingues haha. I missed "just place Leandro on top" and saw "But what happened if Leandro Dominguez is so out of form and injured as in season 2013" and took that "but" like a "but what if Leandro"... etc

sorry haha. But he will play and Kudo will be moved a little wide probably.
    Tanaka was often benched or used at the top last season, dunno

Radu Razvan repped this.
  25. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah probably, It will be Leandro on top and Kudo that right supporting striker/inner striker and Tanaka bench time.
    But idk the guy exploded in the end. Hat trick, and a goal before that and was in general in good form at the end of the season. Cleo on the other hand was more or less Meh. And Leandro basicaly is replacement for Cleo.

I was also surprised that he didnt score more at Gamba in 2013 to be honest.

P.S. I really hate this utmost stupid option to be able to just edit for 30 minutes. Can nothing be done about that really?