Screaming Eagles FAQ - UPDATED!

Discussion in 'Screaming Eagles' started by monster, Feb 13, 2006.

1. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Q: Who are you?

The Screaming Eagles have provided passionate support for their local team and have promoted Major League Soccer through their contributions in the community since the club's inception in 1995. A registered 501(c)4 non profit organization, the Screaming Eagles have 500 active members and represent a wide variety of ages and nationalities. The most visible supporters gather in "The Nest" in Sections 132, 133 and 134 at RFK Stadium. Often seen on TV, "The Nest" rolls with the cheers of excited Screaming Eagles members and other D.C. United fans, keeping the spirits of the team and other soccer fans high regardless of the score. The Screaming Eagles have supported United at home and on the road on the way to becoming one of the most recognizable supporters clubs in MLS.

Off the field, the Screaming Eagles can be found performing Community Outreach work for several charitable causes including United for D.C., Mike Petke's Kick the Violence Foundation and The Eddie Pope Foundation. We also provide members with soccer related activities, including viewing parties for D.C. United away games, the SE Football Club, roadtrips and special events with D.C. United players.

Q: Why should I join?

Because we will hunt you down if you don't. Not really, but joining the Screaming Eagles gives you discounts on DC United season tickets as well as individual game day tickets. We also have an exclusive ticket window for game day ticket sales for Sections 132, 133, and 134 at RFK Stadium. When you're not at the stadium, we will keep you up-to-date on the latest team and D.C. soccer news through our regular e-mail updates and Web site. But best of all, you will know that you play a small part in supporting the players on the field.

Q: OK, you convinced me. What do I do now?

You can download a membership form, call (202) 544-6744, send an email to membership@screaming-eagles.com or meet up with the Screaming Eagles at any tailgate or away game party. Membership is $25 for individuals 21 and over $5 for individuals 20 and under and you get a special gift along with a smashing official Screaming Eagle ID card that allows you free beverages at our tailgates.

Q: Did you say tailgates?

Of course. You can't just show up at the stadium before kickoff. We gather for food, drink and camaraderie two hours before every home game. The tailgate is in parking lot 8 near the Soccer Celebration area (look for the SE canopies) and is open to SE members and their guests. Bring your own blankets and/or chairs to relax. Your ID gets you free beer (yes, that's right), water or soda at the tailgate. The buffet costs $6 for members and $8 for non-members. You can find information about buying tailgate passes at our Web site. We also always need volunteers to make the tailgates run smoothly, and anyone who volunteers gets the added bonus of eating free at the tailgate they volunteer for.

Q: Where do we go after the tailgate?

All the action takes place in The Nest, which spans Sections 132-134 and 139 (and occasionally other nearby sections) in RFK Stadium. The Nest is all standing, all cheering and all bouncing! The rowdier club members stand in 134 with 133 and 132 offering a less boisterous environment without sacrificing support of the team. For those seeking a more family-friendly experience, tickets are now available for the Screaming Eagles Aerie in Section 139 through SE Vice President David Goodwin (outreach@screaming-eagles.com). The only way to be part of the Nest is to order tickets through the Screaming Eagles. You cannot buy these tickets through Ticketmaster, DC United, or the box office at the stadium. Seats in the Nest are reserved exclusively for sale by the Screaming Eagles. You can find information about how to get tickets from our wonderful Ticket Mistress at our Web site.

Q: What in the world is a Ticket Mistress?

The Ticket mistress, aka Nicole Gara, is one of the many dedicated volunteers that makes it possible for the Screaming Eagles to offer all these great opportunities. President Paul Sotoudeh (paul@screaming-eagles.com) and Vice President David Goodwin (outreach@screaming-eagles.com) head up the Board of Directors. Jessica Howard manages our road trips.

Q: Tailgates, tickets, road trips. That's amazing.

That's not all. We also get together to watch away matches, perform community outreach and sometimes just to have fun. Just come over to www.screaming-eagles.com already or e-mail us to find out the rest of the story.

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Screaming Eagles FAQ

What in the hell do you mean by that?

Perhaps you mean "be in" or 'stand in" or "be allowed inside" or something more appropriate. And yes, feel free to delete this message when you've corrected it, nothing worse than FAQ threads with replies :D

3. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6

When did Dick Cheney become Veep of the Screaming Eagles?

4. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134

Have you ever seen Dick Cheney and me in the same place?

5. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6

No, but that's only because you're afraid you'd wind up in Gitmo...

6. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I completely meant to change that and just forgot. Oh, the humanity!

7. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Remind me again why I made you the mod here and the editor for the SE website??? :rolleyes:

:p

K

8. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cause you secretly have a thing for short guys. :p

9. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis

I find that joke highly offensive. Oppresive, even.

Assuming it was a joke, I mean.

10. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Geez, dude calm down - they're just words .... I mean it's not like he drew a cartoon or anything, because then I could understand how you'd feel all oppressed :D

Let it be said no one's got nuthin' on the SEs, we can take our own Frequently Asked Questions thread completely off-topic in no time at all :D

11. MattMathai

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis

Should have used a smiley. A reference to an old joke...

12. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know, I was trying to make an equally bad joke about current situations :)

13. MattMathai

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis

Now I really feel oppressed!

14. D.C. UNITED #1

D.C. UNITED #1 New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    MARYLAND

Just wondering if there are any Screaming Eagles supporters in or near Laurel, MD? I swear I am the only one...Looking to meet SE members to watch futbol matches and go to games with...

I am most likely going to join the club, and I will attend the tailgate party rior to the Colorado game on the 19th to meet everyone...
    Also, is there any room for the SE Pick up games?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated....
    Curently watching the amazing Real Madrid match...

15. GWAIHIR

GWAIHIR New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Under Your Skin

For those in the Se who have not notcied. I am using a new moniker here. Too many DU UNITED this and thats,(which is cool, I just wanted to make it less confusing)
    so I have adopted the name Gwaihir...
    Thanks
    Xander

16. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

Yeah, I'ts more like stand or jump up and down. If you sit you will miss the game entirely :D. Lol, but It's definitely a fun place to be.

17. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

fyi - should probably update the cost and that you get a shirt. Also, the form has changed.

18. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks, Joe. I'll try and get that updated this weekend.

19. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli

Oh and don't forget the regime change...

:D

20. freekickwiz

freekickwiz Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    Under the endless sky
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm convinced, I want to join. However, if I join now will my membership carry over to next season or would I need to pay again?

21. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All 2007 SE memberships expire March 2008. But if you join now you still get the SE jersey, discounts on playoff, MLS Cup and 2008 season tix in the SE Nest and free beer at the tgates.

K

22. freekickwiz

freekickwiz Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    Under the endless sky
    Club:
    DC United
    Sounds good, thanks.

23. AMERICANS SC

AMERICANS SC New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    When I picked up my season tickets at the booth they did not have the DC United flags.

Where can I pick one up?

Thanks in advance!

24. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

I picked up a couple from the DC United stand outside last season. They also have a new store where the Nationals store was. So, I bet they have them there. You know next to will call.

25. DC/ManU

DC/ManU New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    After mailing in a form and a check, how and when do you recieve confirmation of your membership?