Scouting Report Germany

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by m vann, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yup pretty much this. Lahm is pretty ridiculous in that not only is he one of the smartest players I've ever watched, but he can fill in so many positions. We really wont know for sure until really close to the match like White/Blue stated.

2. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was he playing there today as a replacement for schweini or does he play there when bastian is playing as well?

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Cameron is the closest guy we have to Lahm.

4. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah just depends what the CM situation is like with injuries...with Bastian and Thiago out Lahm is a pretty good bet for CM but with both them out today (and Thiago injured) you may see him fill in there more. When the CM has Bastian back though from the Red Card I think you'll see him at RB.

5. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I said 4 years ago that Dolo should be moved to central midfield once he loses a step. He really developed late in his career.

Also, based on Bayern's play we should really not try and score on Germany until the last 5minutes of the match, otherwise they might wake up and play football.

6. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, I actually see Cameron is a pretty solid DM.

Too bad he isn't allowed to play there by Hughes.

Sam Hamwich repped this.
  7. PANDEMONEUM

PANDEMONEUM Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Club:
    Asteras Tripolis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here are Germanys lead up games, before the W.C.

May 13th - Germany vs Poland

June 1st - Germany vs Cameroon

June 6th - Germany vs Armenia

what "issues" would u say the German side currently has, and needs to figure out ?

usa, is still unsure of the starters and probably still have 3 or 4 spots unsure of the final 23
    -formation still a minor ?

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Poland to imitate the US. Cameroon to imitate Ghana. Armenia the final training session. Löw standard tourney preparation.
    We're running out of CFs, DMs and FBs. 5-10 players injured who are more or less doubtful.

System: false9 is probable. Starters: Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Müller, Schweini, Reus, Götze

PANDEMONEUM repped this.
  9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sami Khedira is back to Real Madrid's team training.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    They'll need him against Bayern Munich, but I don't think he will be ready. He's the piece that Real Madrid is missing this year.

11. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I really wonder what Germany's going to do at striker. Really surprised Lowe never gave a shot to Leverkusen's Kiesling. Maybe he goes with Kruse?

12. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weren't you the one who told me they will play with a false 9? They've got a bunch of those, Muller being in my mind a real weapon in that role.

13. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don't know what they'll do, but Muller can play false 9

14. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Goetze, too. Powerhouse squad, that.

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think the false nine position is Goetze's to lose. Mueller's a good player, but Goetze seems to have the edge to start at that position for Germany. If the assumption is that Schweini and Khedira or Kroos start as the two DM's in a 4-2-3-1 with Reus at LM, Ozil at AM and Goetze as the false nine, Mueller can still start on the right hand side at RM.

16. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Not sure Ozil with his recent form would start over Gotze at AM...at least the very least I think it's a battle between the two. Any case, both + Muller will play big roles regardless.

17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I'd choose Goetze to start at AM, but Jogi Loew likes to play Goetze as a false nine. Thats what I think we will see.

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know you guys are famous for being into statistics, so.... that's my Buli top4:

1 Marco Reus
    played 26 games, 1891 min.
    scored 14 goals, 11 assists (135 mins per goal)
    2 Thomas Müller
    played 27 games. 1874 min.
    scored 12 goals, 9 assists (156 mins per goal)
    3 Mario Götze
    played 24 games, 1548 min.
    scored 8 goals, 7 assists (194 mins per goal)
    4 Max Kruse
    played 30 games, 2656 min.
    scored 11 goals, 11 asists (241 mins per goal)

Id field Reus or Götze as false9.

19. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a scary bunch to choose from. My hope of seeing Germany in the third game and having them field a second string team because they don't need any more points to win the group is now becoming less and less appealing. I think the team we saw last year would right now be about a D team. Who from that team would even be on the 23? Schurrle, Draxler, Kruse, Howedes, maybe Ter Steigen?

20. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good Question. Vs USA, the following team played:

Deutschland

ter Stegen
    L. Bender (46. [​IMG] Wollscheid), Mertesacker (46. [​IMG] Westermann), Höwedes,Jansen (46. [​IMG] Aogo)
    S. Bender (46. [​IMG] Kruse), Reinartz
    Schürrle (65. [​IMG] Sam), Draxler, Podolski
    Klose (80. [​IMG] N. Müller)

Tee Stegen will either be at home or the no3 gk. Lars Bender will be a squad player, Wollscheid won't be in Brazil. Mertesacker - I expect him to sit on the bench because Hummels is in excellent form at the Moment. Some might see him play nonetheless. Westermann won't be in Brazil. Höwedes will either be at home or sit on the bench. Jansen might play, might sit on the bench, might be at home (Germany's leftback problem allez). Sven Bender will probably not make it due to injury and is a squad player only. Aogo will be at home. Max Kruse might be included in the roster, but I doubt he'll play. Reinartz will be at home. Schürrle could start or sit on the bench. I doubt Sam will get a ticket to Brazil. Draxler is difficult too. He could get a ticket to Brazil, but I'll doubt he'll play much. Podolski is Podolski and will probably sit on the bench (but with Löw You Never know...). Klose depends on Fitness and Nicolai Müller will not get a ticket to Brazil.

I expect a usual starting Eleven like this:

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Schmelzer/Jansen/Durm - Schweinsteiger, Kroos - Müller, Özil, Reus - Götze/Schürrle/Gomez/Klose

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  21. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you over prepare for a player he is just gonna beat you another way and that is what this group is gonna be about...changing tactics and Portugal Germany and Ghana not only have depth but the ability to change formation on the blink of an eye

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I remember myself telling everybody who wanted to hear it that our line-up was catergory C but "a 4:3 is a 4:3 is a 4:3 is a 4:3". :D

23. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regardless of the category, for us that was a good win, and we rightly celebrated. I'm under no illusion that if we had played the A team or B team, the result would have not been in our favor. No one would argue that point.

That being said, at the World Cup, anything can happen. Injuries, weird bounces, bad calls, red cards, coaches wanting to rest players, suspensions, etc. Can't wait.

24. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would agree with you on Germany and Portugal, but not with Ghana. I agree they're talent pool is probably a bit larger, but their tactical game isn't on par with the aforementioned teams. They may be level with us, but they're not going to beat us tactically. Unfortunately I think they're going to beat us with their talent at the skill positions, and our defensive frailties. I hold out hope that we can beat them with one perfect counter attack and then frustrating them into disorganization and mistakes.

25. Sifrit

Sifrit Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany won't beat you tactically either. Löw doesn't know any tactics. He just tries to copy whatever the current Bayern coach does without much success. Germany only wins as long as the individual class of their players is better than the opponent's. If Löw has to deal with a coach like del Bosque or Prandelli he is completely out of his depth.

CTS26, SOCCERMARINE, Kirsten19 and 5 others repped this.