Scommessopoli Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Northern Juventino, May 31, 2012.

1. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yeah, people really need to read up on the referrals. Even Sabatini on SKY reported that Palazzi has erred with Conte and judging by the lack of indictments of others, who must have known as well, it seems curious that our manager was singled out.

Yes, they have choices. They also have families, mortgages, bills, etc. Where's the outrage when clubs don't pay their players for months on end? Where is the punishment for corrupt club ownership? Administration isn't the answer. The FIGC could move to implement rules that would make these situations less likely to occur. Limiting the number of professional football clubs, stricter qualifications for would be club owners, pushing for better stadia, etc. But they do nothing and then everybody shits bricks when there's corruption and the precious "sporting integrity" of Serie B is compromised. Sorry, seen it all before and it will be seen again because nothing fucking changes.

They can window dress it all they want with Calciopoli or Calcioscommesse or Calciowhateverthefuck they call it next time. Every time these show trials finish, the FIGC proclaim the league to be "clean" and low and behold, that always turns out to be bullshit. Maybe I'm just utterly biased (I am, but... whatever), but I couldn't care less at this point. Why shouldn't Italy ignore it like Spain? It's woven into the fabric of the "country" (lol), the society, the everyday lives of people. Why lie and pretend that it isn't and carry on with the delusion that somehow it can/will be diffent this time. If it was going to happen and if it could have happened, it would have happened by now. It hasn't and things will carry on in Italy as they have for centuries. Yet each and every time people are outraged. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...

juventino13 and Falc repped this.
  2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    In the scheme of things, much more important to go after the player who refused to rig games but did not report it then to go after the betting syndicates who are the real criminals.

scirea6 repped this.
  3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That will never happen it would set off world war 3 in italy...

4. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fuck the FIGC. Scum of the earth.

5. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

phat repped this.
  6. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bonucci could possibly get a 3 year ban for sporting fraud http://********.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif, whilst Pepe and Conte could get up to 1 year for not reporting match fixing offers.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ? Conte faces 3-6 months not a year. The potential 6 months could be reduced to 3 with plea bargain, but thats only if he's found guilty, which i doubt. As for Bonucci, like i said, time to look for a new CB cause he's ********ed

8. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    According to Tuttosport Baroni will sit on the bench.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    First of all, ******** Tuttosport. Second of all, ******** Baroni. Third of all the decision isn't till August so they can talk all the shit that they want. Baroni isn't even 5th choice let alone 1st IF Conte is suspended

10. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Conte faces two charges of failing to report sporting fraud. Each charge according to the rules carries a minimum 6 month ban. So that's why it's being reported as possibly a year. Peppe faces one charge of failing to report sporting fraud, so a possible 6 month ban. While Bonucci face charges of committing sporting fraud which carry a minimum 3 year ban with the possibility to ask for lifetime ban (radiation). That's how it looks strictly by what is written in the rules.

11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Baroni isn't good enough for the Primavera. Should have been sacked back in June.

12. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought Conte can train the team during the week !

13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Baroni will still be making the decisions on the touchline during official matches. Nothing Conte could do during the week will change the fact that Baroni is a poor tactician who makes terrible substitutions even in Primavera games.

14. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ^F**k man, is this really going to happen? Having Conte as the mid-week coach and Baroni as the game-time coach sounds like a recipe for disaster.

15. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yup. I think so too.

I think we should do with Neddy what Milan did with Leonardo. Fast track his credentials and just have Pavel be the game-time coach, while leaving Baroni to be mediocre with the Primavera.

16. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that Lazio/Napoli/Genoa (who always seem to be involved with something dirty) and others had their trials pushed back to Sept/Ocf.

I also find it interesting that Conte and Pepe can get charged 6 months for not reporting something, whereas the scumbag piece of shit Preziosi gets a 6 month stadium ban for ACTUALLY FIXING A GAME. A game that occurred years ago. Just show how much of a joke the system is.

OldLady and scirea6 repped this.
  18. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ^^^A-fucking-men.

How do you radiate Moggi, but still allow Preziosi to stay in the game? Now this with Conte and people expect Juventini to just "move on"? Um, no. No we won't. We have every right to be pissed the fuck off.

19. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    surely we can do better than our below average primavera coach to replace conte during his possible ban...I would be ok with Nedved taking over during the games...Conte really grew on me last season, at first I was not very excited. Now I cant imagine anyone else leading our team!!!
    :cry:

20. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What do you think of plea bargain ? Should Conte negotiate ?

21. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow this sucks. I was so excited and optimistic about this upcoming season and this just takes that all away.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Are we jumping the gun here? No verdicts or punishment have been set yet.

23. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Probably. Before Palazzi's official referrals, everybody was speculating that Conte would be indicted for sporting fraud and in the end he was "only" referred for "failing to report".

But this is Italy. The judge could let him off with a fine or he could throw the bloody book at him. We don't know. Personally, if I was Conte, I'd be inclined to hedge my bets and accept the plea bargain (I have no shame and would willingly sacrifice my reputation for 1/3 the potential punishment). But I'm not, and so far Conte's lawyers seem to have done well. All we can do is trust them and the club to determine what is best to do.

24. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Italy is the most backwards first world country on the planet.

Dante repped this.
  25. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What a joke.

If I was Andrea I would make it my sole purpose in life to create a Euro league and pull Juve out of Serie A.