Schmidt's the shit. TSV München von 1860 - 2013/2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by White/Blue_since1860, Jun 8, 2013.

?

Promotion?

1. Hell, yeah.

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 4-6.

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 2nd Buli nirvana.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. back to Grünwalder next year.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    :whistling:

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not familiar with that logo.

:p

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lets put it the way it's Denglish-like described on the German boards:

"absoluter BigPlayer"

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shaquille is going to sponsor 1860?

5. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anything? Nothing?

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I bet the NSA knows it for 2 weeks now. :p

new capitan:
    [​IMG]

Lauth not even in the team council......

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Excellent choice. Too bad he and Ayguen could not play together. They had a good bond. I think he will be great. Speaks German, Spanish and English, has a great rapport with the fans and is the most solid, consistent player we have. Not a defensive f'up.

According to the TZ interivew with Schmidt, he said that Hain/Friend were the strike duo but that Wood "continues to impress" and Lauth has a chance to work his way back in. The way I read that statement Lauth is #3 and Bobby #4.

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you sick or something or why do you say Schmidt made sth right - twice within the same week!?

;)

TBH, I expected you swearing about his demontage of Lauth.
    Yeah. "Demontage" at its best. But Im happy to have Bobby around who wil give 100% under Schmidt and put pressure on the strikers as well as the wingers. So I think "in depth" we're okay up front.

9. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I can give credit when due. In fact, I applaud him for not sticking with Lauth or Biero. It makes sense. Gui is a fan fav, plays well, spirited on the field, speaks the main languages of the team, is a good role model and is even tempered. To be honest, he may be the best captain we have had since, well, Berhalter. ;)

I like Benny as a player and think he was a decent captain. However, Gui is a better choice and leaves Schmidt free to use Lauth as he sees fit and not "have" to start him because he is captain.

I agree, though I would rather see what a Wood-Hain line up would look like.

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    TBH, there were times when I thought Berhalter could actually play some footy. My bad. :p
    If you think about it benching Lauth means the team cant hide behind him. He's a class player and good for 15 goals a year if given the right players in midfield. But if doesnt go well it's easy to hide behind Lauths lousy performances. A little disadvantage I see is that Lauth is not a guy you can bring in the last 15 minutes to change a game. And for a 3rd or 4th striker Lauth is too expensive.

I think that wouldnt work since both arent natural "goal getter" type players. Nicht genügend Durchschlagskraft!

11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Hain maybe not. Wood? He's not been given half the chance Lauth or Friend have. Friend's goal-getting days are behind him.

12. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And yet again, Bobby Wood is getting the high hard one.

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Right, but Friend's physique still makes the difference in 2nd Buli. Look at Lautern, Cottbus, Köln last year, it simply adds up another dimension to your play. If you had Bobby and Hain up front you couldnt play one high ball in to the box. Nice to know, if you're the opponent. But if counter-attacking is needed, both together could work out.

14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tuesday is the official photo shooting. Quite a suitable date to present the new sponsor....

15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I think this is the formation Schmidt wants to go with for the season. I understand Hain flexed up and down from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-2. Hertner got injured so Feick had to take over, so we played a man down after 13 mintues.

1860: 1 Kiraly - 2 Volz, 5 Vallori, 4 Bülow, 17 Hertner - 29 Stark, 6 Stahl - 10 Stoppelkamp, 16 Hain, 19 Adlung - 9 Friend.

http://www.tsv1860.de/aktuell/news/11-beim-fc-st-gallen--hain-traf-zur-fuehrung

16. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So... VW it is. Nice move.

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    It took months to iron this out. BMW was actually on the table at one point but the problems between Schaefer and Ismaik caused them to pull out...they don't like controversy. BMW was Ismaik's candidate before Schaefer & Co. pulled the coup to get the marketing rights back. Mini was also on the table but got pulled back when BMW pulled out. The contacts for VW actually came from an unusual scource from what I am hearing (think past president who owns a few car lots). Loewenbrau was actually a serious candidate but they could not make the timeline work. In the end VW needed a bit of convincing since they already support two other teams (Vfl and Braunschweig).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  18. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Loewen News...
    • Hertner has an ankle injury. Doctor visit today. For my money let the boy rest so we don't ruin him for the season start.
    • Halfar is as good as gone. His locker is being cleaned out and he will be sold this week to Koeln or Braunschweig. Believe it or not he wants to go to Koeln rather than Braunschweig because he believes they have a better chance of getting up and staying up in the 1.BL. The locker being cleaned out is not in the article...I have that from other sources. This means that Bobby Wood might find himself playing much, much more. Transfer fee for Halfar is said to be around 1,5m asking price.
    • Kits of the 2.BL. Saller has 4; Uhlsport and Nike with 3; Puma, Hummel, Adidas with 2; Erima and whoever is doing Pauli with one. Like the Uhlsport, Adidas, Erima and Nike kits.

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I heard we were supposed to get SEAT, which now is on Braunschweigs jersey..... Löwenbrau would have been epic, what went wrong?

And why 1,5 for Halfar? why do we hear of 250k then?

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    They also don't like controversy...and were in contact with Ismaik when things went south and Schaefer pulled his little marketing coup.

I am hearing we are asking 1,5m in a transfer fee. The counter from one of the clubs was first 250k, then 500k. I suspect when it is done this week it will be under 1m.

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Btw. your opinion on the whole club/Ismaik situation?

You're describing Schäfer selling the marketing advisory rights yourself as "coup".

And what's next to come?

23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Schaefer needs to go. He's a putz for working close to secure Ismaik and his own power than then freezing Ismaik out by playing Schneider against Ismaik.

Hinterberger can stay but hopefully the club is looking for a suitable replacement. We need a bigger power broker for the 1.BL.

Mayhofer is yet another non-entity. We need solid leadership in the club. A name or presence that is smart enough to see opportunity (Ismaik), strong enough to weild power (get rid of jokers like Maget, Steiner, etc.), traditional enough to realize where the power base is and work with them, and insightful enough to find sponsors and work with the city to make our long-term goal of having our our stadium (in the 2020s) and BL promotion a reality.

Sadly, I don't see this stuff happening in my life time...and I have a good 45+ years left (knocks wood).

24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What is a putz? ;) Ah, of course, yes a nicer term for depp.
    100% agree.
    Well, you're right that Mayerhofer is unknown in footy business but I guess you're wrong about the leadership. He's been boss of O2 and saved their ass when they were deep in the red. And it's not even settled that he's going to get elected....

Poor Bobby!!!

25. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    According to the local press from today there's nothing to the Halfar rumor.