Schmidt's the shit. TSV München von 1860 - 2013/2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by White/Blue_since1860, Jun 8, 2013.

?

Promotion?

1. Hell, yeah.

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 4-6.

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 2nd Buli nirvana.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. back to Grünwalder next year.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time should fit the crime! Age means nothing!

Floormaster Squeeze and LoewenBoy repped this.
  2. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I doubt he'll be in jail for more than two years as long as he's not stirring up trouble.
    ;):(

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that happens, fine.

What they could do ... is make a movie about Uli running a prison football team, and one of the guys is so good, that Uli gets him a contract at Bayern.....

;)

4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Age should not play in to anything.

Had it been murder, do we reduce the sentence because of age?

He knew damn well what he was doing and was so f*cking arrogant he thought he could get away with it. Worse, he was not even repentant until he knew the warrant was being issued, THEN he turns himself in. He was given chance after chance by the government to come clean and he didn't. He did what he has always done: Thumbed his nose at people thinking because he was UH he could do whatever he wanted.

So for my money it was not hard enough. More time and higher fine. Why they fined him 18m when he is said to have hidden away 26m is beyond me.

5. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    On other news: Yuya Osako is approaching Fussball Gott status with his scoring at the right time.

philly villain repped this.
  6. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    The rumors abound that Ismaik is smitten with the idea of Lehmann or Lodda being somehow connected with the team. Tanner turned us down because we could not give him the money Red Bull is nor the latitude to develop new talent; something he likes very much.

I understand Nowak was interested but Ismaik saw him as a "past solution"; someone who is too connected with the club. Porscher is an outside candidate who comes with experience from Spain and contact with 1860.

http://www.tz.de/sport/1860-muenche...-matthaeus-peter-nowak-wohl-raus-3420926.html

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nowak has some baggage I wouldn't hire.

8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Former Loewe Jose Holebas playing well against ManUre in the CL match right now. ;)

Floormaster Squeeze repped this.
  9. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would Nowak's baggage matter in Europe??

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it might. Brown bagging it is usually frowned upon, well unless you are West Ham, Tottenham, etc.

11. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    NO! NO! NO! A thousand times NO! Nowak is tactically inept, morally bankrupt and a lying pompous ass all personified in one horrific lump of flesh! NO!

12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Curious. I did not follow Nowak when he left Germany. What did he do to endear such hatred.

You make him sound like the Micky Stevic of Philly.

13. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1188 philly villain, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...ansactions-as-Philadelphia-Union-manager.html . Among the other unpopular moves Nowak was criticized for were the trading of leading scorer Sebastien LeToux to the Vancouver Whitecaps in exchange for allocation money (after trying to force a move to Bolton Wanderes that a unfit LeToux did not want), the trade that sent team captain Danny Califf to Chivas USA, and a move that sent the Union’s first ever draft pick, Danny Mwanga, to the Portland Timbers for underperforming forward Jorge Perlaza.

14. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A bit more detail....

"Fox Soccer's Leander Schaerlaeckens reported Thursday morning that Nowak tried to pay off Michael Orozco Fiscal with money that would have been used to buy his contract from Mexican club San Luis.
    Although no specific Union players were named in the initial allegation against Nowak, Schaerlaeckens' reporting seems to fit in very well with the allegation that "Nowak may have improperly profited from player transactions."
    Orozco Fiscal was one of the Union's first major non-Expansion Draft signings. He was brought in on a one-year loan from San Luis in January of 2010, right around the time of the NSCAA Convention and MLS SuperDraft that took place here in Philadelphia. Orozco Fiscal had played for Nowak on the 2008 United States Olympic men's soccer team.
    The Mexican-American central defender was paid $200,000 in guaranteed compensation during his one year in Philadelphia.
    As Schaerlaeckens writes (with my own emphasis added):
    Nowak told him the Union would pick up the option to purchase him from San Luis outright, claims Orozco. Orozco also claims the contract he agreed to with Nowak would pay him his full San Luis salary plus a scheduled raise.
    Orozco put down a deposit for a new rental home in Philadelphia and bought furniture. But by the pre-season of the 2011 season, no contract had materialized, and Orozco says he wasn’t paid by either club in the interim, nor was he compensated for his living expenses, as purportedly agreed.
    When Orozco confronted Nowak, Orozco believes Nowak offered less than what he claims a pre-contract called for. "I was making $200k and I was supposed to get a raise, but he wanted to give me only $120k," Orozco says.
    He claims Nowak suggested they keep the $500,000 transfer fee that was due to San Luis and split it amongst themselves. He refused. "I wanted to do things right," Orozco says. But when he wouldn’t play ball, he claims, Nowak badmouthed him to the club and sent him back to San Luis two weeks before the start of the season.
    The team was in pre-season training camp in Greece but Nowak literally booked him onto the first plane home, without giving him the chance to say goodbye to teammates. "They said I was being difficult and Peter turned everybody against me," says Orozco. "He said he wasn’t going to let one guy damage the team."

There is much more interesting stuff in that story in addition to the segment I've quoted. So please give it a read.
    Recall that the allegation against Nowak surfaced in July of this year, and mentioned a time period of "the past 12-18 months" as of that point. The Union's 2011 trip to Greece took place from February 23 to March 10, so it would fall within the earlier end of the time span mentioned.
    Although the e-mail chain between the two sides' attorneys refers to "players in South America," this seems to be an example of the alleged misconduct in question. Given Orozco Fiscal's current good standing with the U.S. national team, it will be very interesting to see whether this story plays out further."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/thegoalkeeper/171522536.html

panicfc repped this.
  15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    So, you are saying he is a lot like this guy? ;)
    [​IMG]

16. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At least Uli screwed around with his own money and not the club's if I understand the story and charges against him correctly.

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Well that's just it...there are no "charges" against him, only an accusation. And not even an accusation so much as some lawyer saying, "My client is inferring he has knowledge of criminal behavior by your client but we are not going to tell you or show you what we have." Both lawyers knew better to stop right there with that email exchange because they are borderline illegal statements. You cannot imply that you have knowledge of a criminal activity and, if the person suing you does not stop, you will release that information. The police and the judge would LOVE to hear that. *If* that is true, if I were judge I would compel both parties to come clean or I would throw the book at both parties AND their attornies.

All that aside, Nowak simply is not qualified to take the role. And given 1860's aversion additional media attention, the lawsuit alone is enough to keep 1860 away from considering him...regardless of what he is alledged to have done.

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's only what is reported ;)

19. Gerdoner

Gerdoner Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Schwabl in the Starting 11? We're gonna lose :/

20. Gerdoner

Gerdoner Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    #1195 Gerdoner, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    Hm, after 30 mins it's not as bad as I feared

Great save by Schwabl. Always liked liked the guy ;):whistling:

philly villain and Epitome990 repped this.
  21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Always trust the first instinct with 1860. ;)

22. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Geez, no wonder Union are so effed up. Even still, to a point.

23. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So... Sieg Sechzig!!!

For what it matters at this point.

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Well, 4 points off the pack is not bad. There is still hope if we can make a run at it. Never say never.

25. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Say it with me... We will stay painfully close to promotion, but will fall short.

I do hope I am wrong and will proudly wear my Sechzig trikot for the 50km trail race on 18 May. But still... reality and all.